Blackie +10 56, +12 60, +13 68 ???

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ele & Blackie (GA), Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

+6 was 104. I know that PZi doesn't have a storage shed, but we are getting some serious overlap here. It's good we'll be home tonight, because I bet we'll be shooting late. We didn't give high carb food, but we did make sure he ate a good amount of his regular food (Wellness). We don't always check this late, but if we think he might go low we try to get a +10 or +11 so we'll know if he's rising at preshot. Glad my DH thought to check today at +10.

(edited Header at +13)

2. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Re: Blackie +10 56

Sounds like some residual overlap from that BAM dose to me. Maybe 2.4 would be a better consistent dose?

3. Ele & Blackie (GA)

He got the 592 on 2.4, so I thought that was too low, but now I don't know.

+12 60
    Obviously we are waiting to shoot. I gave him another good meal and we'll recheck in an hour.

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Blackie does like to keep you on his toes doesn't he? Nice to see good #s though, even if the timing is a shocker. DH earned the "D" in DH tonight, good guy! Guess that shoots my theory about 2.6 as the perfect dose! (Though as Terri said, residual overlap could be in play.) He certainly is a puzzle.

5. Ele & Blackie (GA)

+10 56
    +12 60
    +13 68
    Still waiting. Should I feed more? He had at least an 1/8 of his daily amount at +12 and probably the same at +10.

Can I give a half dose if it gets too late? I really don't want to skip the shot if I don't have to.

6. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

I would not give him more food just to bring BGs up. I'd give him another hour and test again. You can see that he's starting to rise now, so it shouldn't take too long before he's shootable. To decide how much to shoot, look at the rate with which he's rising and how long past +12 you are. Could be you can shoot the full 2.4 dose.

7. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Thanks, Terri. I didn't give Blackie more food, because I normally wouldn't have fed him then. I will report back at +14.

8. Ele & Blackie (GA)

+14 93
    We're still going to wait another hour and then decide what to shoot. I'm thinking about waiting to get above 125 and then shoot 2.6 again. I can go in late to work tomorrow and then I'll have the weekend to catch up.

9. Terri and Lucy

Terri and Lucy Member

Another option is to shoot now, since you know he's on the rise, and reduce the dose to something like 1.5 or 2.0. Given his response to the BAM dose, I would really want to figure out what kind of smaller dose works for him--or if it does. It seems like a shame to have the BAM dose work so well and then not take advantage of it to keep him down in non-diabetic numbers.

Unfortunately, I'm totally exhausted and have to go to bed. Wish I could stay up and watch his progress.

10. Ele & Blackie (GA)

At +15 111, we shot 2.4. Blackie's bgs were rising and he has usually zoomed after low numbers like this. I'll be checking during the night. See you in the morning.

11. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Looks like I missed some action here on PZI! Darn it, I'm always gone at the wrong times. Although I would not have been much help in the dosing department, anyway. Looks like you and Terri had a handle on it. I hope this morning he was still great! I will be keeping an eye on that mysterious Blackie.

12. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Blackie does like to zoom after low numbers. After an exciting evening of low numbers, he was in the 300's all night and 382 at amps which was actually +10. We stuck to the 2.4 units, though. Today, +6 was 218. I'm hoping that his body will adjust to the 2.4 quickly and give us some good numbers.

13. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Good for you for sticking with the dose. I know it's hard to watch those high numbers and not really feel like you're doing anything about it. I hope that the better +6 means he will give you good numbers on tonight's cycle. Keep up the good work, Ele; you're doing awesome. :) :RAHCAT

14. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Ele [or anyone else for that matter],

Did you have any thought on why the late nadir at +10 on the 14th?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.