BG 165 PMPS after dropping to 1 U. Need advice.

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Beck and Philly, Jun 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

Hi. I have given 1U for two cycles now instead of 2U. It's time for his 3rd cycle with dinner, and BG PMPS is 165. Should I feed him, not feed him yet, shoot at 165, not shoot? I haven't done the stall technique yet. Is this the right situation?

Thanks!

2. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

This would be a great time to stall. Wait 20 min, then test. You could do an extra 20 min, if necessary.

3. Beck and Philly

Will do. Thanks!

4. Beck and Philly

Ok. I waited about 45 min and it is 188. I gave him a bite of a Fancy Feast natural selects chicken treat as a reward for multiple tests. I can wait a bit more, but not sure what I'm looking for.

5. Beck and Philly

It's dropped back to 186 so I fed him but don't plan to shoot tonight.

6. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

You could skip tonight or try 0.5 u. If you try that small dose, test at +2 to see where he is.

7. Beck and Philly

I decided to skip, but I just tested at 10:30 pm and he is at 353. This is what confuses me. Seems to be no rhyme or reason. Now I don't know if I just wait until 6:30 am or if I give him a little food and his shot.

8. Beck and Philly

I didn't shoot last night and his morning number was 426. These swings are rough.

9. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'd try 0.5 u now. The goal is to find a dose that's low enough to allow you to give insulin AM and PM. From there it can be tweaked upward a little as needed. Are you using syringes with half unit marks? They're essential when fractions of units are needed and you're there now.

10. Beck and Philly

He has had three readings in the 200s with his AMPS at 201 today. This is the most consistent I've seen him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.