BB dental peeing her bed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Dawnjanell, Aug 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawnjanell

Dawnjanell Member

So my BB had her dental today and all went well, but now she is peeing herself. Has anyone experienced this after anesthesia?

Her tarter was not bad, but she did need one tooth removed which they cut off as it had extra bone growth around the root. She is missing 4 others that had broken or fallen out, but no signs of infection. The vet had me skip her insulin this morning, and feed her a tiny early breakfast. Post procedure they fed her a tablespoon of prescription (high carb food) so her blood sugar shot up. Other then the peeing she is her usual happy self.

144 PMPS, 0 Ketones with blood meter, gobbled her dinner and begged for more.

Side note anyone else have to keep everything out of site while testing your cat? BB tries to eat the Lance caps, the test strips, my fingers, the blanket... Seeing the meter sets off an uncontrollable feeding frenzy and she looses all control!

Critter Mom likes this.
  2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

:eek: this is a first, for me anyway. Waldo (that handsome devil you see to the left) had pica so I kinda know what thats like but testing induced ? smh
    I think maybe give her a day to get over all shes been through. Hope she doesnt have to go back to the vet for her incontinence issues. :(

Dawnjanell likes this.
  3. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Dawnjanell likes this.
  4. Dawnjanell

Dawnjanell Member

BB had a bad night but seems to have just been from the anesthesia as she is much better now. How did you keep Trouble from eating things he shouldn't? I can't even imagine, as it is she has swallowed at least one of the tiny plastic lance caps, bit my finger pretty good, and fought me one time for the syringe. I wonder if it's because I gave her treats every time in the beginning.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Wow great numbers. Maybe it IS a crazy food association. I think you better choice that cat a treat while you test. Lol. Is she losing weight? Hyperthyroidism can cause an appetite like that

6. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I called Waldo Hoover (like the vacuum) I just had to keep the floor clean. Sounds simple doesnt it? smh.

Wanting to eat plastic is what drives a lot of Pica sufferers. Some kitties cant resist the smell of plastic.:rolleyes:

I seriously doubt the treats fueled your cats tendencies. Its just the way it is.:(

ETA: Trouble had passed before Waldo picked up this strange habit. That or he had it all along and I didnt noticed due to all the attention given to Trouble. Did that fact cause Waldo to "self medicate"? I dunno :(

7. Dawnjanell

Dawnjanell Member

BB has not lost any weight she is still 15.6 lbs compared to her sister from the same liter of similar height that weighs 9 lbs. The vet actually comments on how amazing it is that she hasn't lost any at all . Sweet girl is shaped like a football.

I do still try to give BB a freeze dried treat but it seems to make her more ravenous, this is only during test time on the guest room queen sized bed tho which she has claimed as her spot.

8. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

How many cans are you feeding her and b how often. If that's a good weight for her than she needs about 310 calories a day.

9. Dawnjanell

Dawnjanell Member

It is not a good weight for her she is obese and has been her entire adult life. She get about 1.6-1.75 cans of Friskies a day at 182 cal a can so 192-318 calories a day. We add water to all her meals to make her feel fuller and she gets a couple tiny freeze dried treats a day. She is still very hungry most days tho, and clearly misses her hard food snacks she used to get pre diagnosis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.