Automatic feeders & kitty acne.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Wendi and Petie, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wendi and Petie

Wendi and Petie Member

Hi everyone! Nice new place. :D

Petie is still OTJ, doing great, with one little problem. I use an automatic feeder for him, it's the only way we both can stay sane, but now he has kitty acne badly on his chin. I can't find a stainless steel auto feeder for wet food, but with my schedule I can't feed him like he's used to. He's done so well this way.

Any suggestions?

confused_cat

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I would say just clean the "dish" very well before each use. Bleaching would probably help too.

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

which feeder do u have? the Pet safe 5-compartment by any chance?

if thats the one u have, you can fit little glass "custard" size dishes in each compartment. This is something I will be doing when I try it out, for the same reason.
    you might want to use non-plastic serving utensils and containers that store the food as well. I've been using PYREX glass dishes and stainless steel serving spoons, as my cat developed a chin thing and quickly went away after the switch.

4. Wendi and Petie

Wendi and Petie Member

I started running it through the dishwasher so it would get more hot water and cleaner, we'll see if that helps. I've been washing it really well until now, so that wasn't enough. I use the feeder with 8 bowls, but I feed him twice in a ceramic dish (and the drinking water is in stainless steel bowls) ... then twice in the feeder. (Eating four times a day, smaller meals, helped him kick insulin.)

I will try rubbing alcohol maybe? This feeder is on it's last leg already, after only a year or so. I may try the custard cup idea with a new one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.