? Anybody with experience with diabetes, CHF and CKD?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by KarrieK, Jul 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KarrieK

KarrieK Member

My Simon is battling 3 conditions and I would really appreciate hearing from someone who is in a similar situation. His diabetes seems regulated for now, as does his CHF (takes 3 meds daily for that) but the CKD is progressing. Unfortunately, his heart meds are serving to make that worse. If I decrease those, he is at high risk to succumb to heart failure. It's a huge balancing act but he is so worth it. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What meds is Simon on now, and how much? I just count two in your signature. What stage is his CKD?

Neko had diabetes (acromegaly), CKD, HCM/CHF, and small cell lymphoma (SCL). Lots of acronyms on her resume. :rolleyes: She was on Vetmedin, benazapril, Plavix(clopidogril), and at one point a tiny bit of Lasix.

6. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

She said he has progressed to stage 3 on Facebook

7. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Hi sorry to hear Simon has a bit complicated case.

It can be handled but it does require a bit of juggling around and balancing things to help one issue with out affecting the others too much, usually I think you have to address the condition that is sort to speak more complicated and work the others around it.

I assume some blood test have been done it would help if you could post the results to get an idea of how his kidneys are doing, and a bit more detail on what meds he's taking for his heart,

Each case is different, in Babu's case his diabetes is in remission, his HCM has not advanced much and he's stage 2-3 according to IRIS staging system he gets his heart med and we are more o less controlling his CKD with diet and phosphorus binder

8. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I haven’t had a cat with all three of them. I’ve had cats with diabetes OR CKD OR CHF but not all three at one time so Wendy is the best bet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.