AMPS 153 - shoot or no?

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Beck and Philly, Jun 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

Hi. I believe I read that if a PS is under 200, we should stall and that we could ask for guidance. Grandpa just tested at 153. After testing, I gave him breakfast but didn't shoot. I'm thinking I stall st this point, but not sure what to do next. Help appreciated. Thanks!

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I’d skip this dose. You don’t have any data to know how he might react. If you use the stall technique you wouldn’t feed him. The goal is to see if his BG is coming up on its own but food will cause an increase itself.

Congrats on testing his BG at home! Please consider setting up the spreadsheet we use here to log your test data. It’s the best way to see trends and learn his responses so you have a guide in future situations like this.

Elizabeth and Bertie likes this.
  3. Beck and Philly

Thanks so much. I guess I still have a lot to learn. I will do the spreadsheet tomorrow.

I skipped the morning shot and he is now up to 392 at 7 hours after breakfast. I love the near normal but hate that he jumped so high with no insulin in his system.

4. Beck and Philly

Hi all. When I gave Grandpa his evening shot 5 hours ago, his PMPS was 417. Now at +5 he is at 93. He's relaxed and not frantically seeking food. It's after midnight, so his next shot is 7 hours away.

I guess the next step is to see what the AMPS brings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.