AHI BIOPSY RESULTS NEGATIVE!!!!! - Eosinophilic granuloma

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by stefani&toonces, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stefani&toonces

stefani&toonces Member

:D

I am so full of glee right now I don't know what to do!!!!

Ahi's biopsy results were to everyone's surprise NEGATIVE for cancer!!!!!

The pathologist said:

"The histological features are consistent with feline eosinophilic granuloma complex."

!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahi is acting fine although his mouth bugs him and I will be looking for some ALTERNATIVE to steroids to treat the eosinophilic granuloma complex. (Steroids are the usual treatment for this)

If anyone has suggestions on the feline eosinophlic granuloma complex treatments please let me know.

He will start treatment (methimizole) for hyperT this week. Vet said he is "not bad" but it is in the range. I hope he tolerates it (Toonces could not). As his general health status improves these lesions may get better.

We will see.

HAPPY DANCES FOR EVERYONE!!!!

:RAHCAT flip_cat drinking24 dancing_cat :thumbup

2. ceil99

ceil99 Member

YIPPEE YIPPEE

Is this like an alergy of some type?

Did I not mention I have to stop crying at work?????? :RAHCAT drinking24

3. Wendy & Tiger

Wendy & Tiger Member

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT party_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat party_cat :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

4. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Wonderful news.

If you need some HyperT meds, I have some left over from Spunky and Keesha. Please feel free to PM me and I will send them your way. The gel may be too strong, Keesha was on 10MG BID, but the pills, 10MG can be split. In fact, I can refill the script, 100 pills, it costs me only $13, I'd be happy to do that if it would help out.

5. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

I couldn't be more thrilled for you and Ahi, Stefani. What a weight off your shoulders.

I did a quick read on EGC. It looks like some alternative therapies are systematic antibiotics and omega-3/omega-6 fatty acid containing products.

I will be going through my cat meds/supplements box to see what I have in the way of immune boosting supplements. I know I tried quite a few things with Emma, so those products are fairly fresh. I'll give you a call, probably tomorrow night (busy tonight) before I just ship them off.

Ah, so happy.

6. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

Wonderful!

Time to celebrate. Tunaritas for everyone! (OK, you can have a margarita - or chocolate - to celebrate.)

7. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

OMG OMG I was so so hoping that it ws that and not the big C OH wow how wonderful... I think all of Wendys smilies say it all :D

8. Janet & Binky (GA)

Janet & Binky (GA) Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

Great news!

I have always heard that fish oil is particularly recommended, maybe because of its anti-inflammatory properties.

-- Janet

9. stefani&toonces

stefani&toonces Member

BTW, Ahi literally slept ON MY HEAD last nigth. I kept waking up (3x) with this purring warm mass of cat ON TOP OF MY HEAD and had to remove him repeatedly.
    :lol:

10. Jean and Megan

Jean and Megan Member

Wonderful news!!! I'm sooooo glad. Give Ahi lots of pets from all of us. cat_pet_icon

11. Connie & Em (GA)

Connie & Em (GA) Member

I have two experiences with it. The first was Muffin. She gets a very very mild case - just simple swelling of the lip. Vet said not to worry unless it gets worse. We've always ignored it and they've always gone away after a day or two. They tend to flair up when she gets a little chin acne, or a bad flea infestation (fortunately we haven't had either in a long time)

the second was Joy of Happiness and Joy the two feral kittens I fostered last Christmas. Joy started with a little swelling of the lip and we did several rounds of ABs before they would accept that this was more than just a bite from her sister. It started swelling up her nose and looking pretty bad. The lesions were inside her mouth, and looked a lot like a canker sore. They finally did a punch biopsy on her nose, and did another round of stronger antibiotics (because of the surgery) and pain meds (same reason) and she cleared up and was fine several months later when they finally got adopted.

I hope you hit on something that clears it up. From what I read about it, it does seem to be an inflammatory response. Maybe talk to the vet about something for that??? (just randomly thinking)

Connie

12. Jess & Earl

Jess & Earl Member

Woo hoo! That was my wish, remember? EGC can be a bit of a b*tch to treat (sometimes you have to try a few different things to get it under control) but it is treatable! I am so glad to hear this.

13. Karen & Pearl

Karen & Pearl Member

14. CyrusMishi&Angela

CyrusMishi&Angela Member

Best news I've heard all day. So happy you and AHI don't have to take that cancer journey.

15. Yolanda and Goo (GA)

Yolanda and Goo (GA) Member

So, so happy to hear this Stef :)

16. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

be still my heart. Wonderful news. sigh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.