9/18 Kitty Cat PM+10 83, AMPS 92, +1 124, +2 81, +3 95, first time in range

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Christina & Kitty Cat, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Christina & Kitty Cat

Christina & Kitty Cat Member

Yesterday's thread

Shooting in 2 hours and he's in green at PM+10 83. Last time he was in green, he went hypo.
    Reading the low numbers sticky but still panicking...
    Will do a test every 30 but he just had a snack with ondansetron. I don't think I can skip since he previously had ketones.
    His usual dose is 1u but per @Wendy&Neko 's direction, he's had 0.5u for 2 cycles, and then 0.75u for 2 cycles following hypo on 9/15.
    Do I need to feed him something carbier before shooting? I'm scared!
    History: ketones, vomiting

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Hi! I can't offer dosing advice but you may want to edit your title and throw up the ? from the drop-down to draw eyes. Sometimes the board is quiet in the morning for Eastern Timezone. From my little knowledge on ketones (I don't have experience), I don't think you want to skip the dose entirely.

My cat drops at PMPS consistently so I give a snack at +10 pretty much every day these days. If you give any food after +10, you should adjust your shot time accordingly (your BG test for shot should be 2 hours without food) - so if you give a snack at +10.5 then you need to delay your shot routine by 30 minutes.

Are you following a particular dosing method (TR or SLGS)?

@Butters & Lyla - you know of anyone w experience to help? @Sue and Luci are you around?

3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

JaxBenji likes this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

Don't panic. You have time. You have caught this 2 hours in advance. Get at +11 too and see.
    When did he last eat?

JaxBenji likes this.
  5. Christina & Kitty Cat

I gave the tinest snack at PM+10, ~1tsp FF classic chicken just to get the ondansetron down but I'm holding food until his AMPS. Before that, at PM+2 he had .5 can FF classic turkey with ondansetron.
    I haven't gotten so far as to choose that yet
    I almost didn't test until AMPS. so glad I did. Thank you for the reassurance. Will do a +11. Want to avoid "unnecessary extra testing" since he gets really aggravated by it still and I'm not great at it either when it's more than 3-5x a day.

JaxBenji and Bandit's Mom like this.
  6. Bandit's Mom

Normally I would ask you to follow the sticky for low numbers. Stall w/o feeding etc. But considering his history, its better someone senior weighs in.
    Someone should be along soon. Hang in there :)

ETA:
    (a) How is he doing as far as food is concerned? Has a good appetite and keeping food in?
    (b) He has earned a reduction per SLGS with that 83, but you test enough to follow TR.

7. Christina & Kitty Cat

PM+11 is 83, no change
    hasn't thrown up since yesterday AM+7. I'm sure he'll eat at AMPS

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  8. JaxBenji

If you can, I'd get a +11.5.

Do you have high-carb, medium carb, syrup/karo? Just trying to think of things people ask me in similar situations :bighug:

9. Christina & Kitty Cat

I will get a +11.5. This last test was hard, he's been getting increasingly more aggressive, maybe because the last few days have been a lot of tests. he just banged his head into my teeth. feel like i've tried all the tips for testing but he just hates it.

I have a high carb FF gravy (15-20%) and honey in case of hypo.
    Also have purina cat chow dry (27%) and the hills w/d wet (25%) and some greenies treats which I know arent low carb but not sure exactly how to read the carb %? found this:
    "Does FELINE GREENIES™ Dental Treats contain any sugar?
    FELINE GREENIES™ Dental Treats do not contain any added sucrose, corn syrup, glucose or fructose. However, the total complex carbohydrate content of FELINE GREENIES™ Treats are about 30% which is predominately starch."

Bandit's Mom and JaxBenji like this.
  10. JaxBenji

Yay glad you are prepared. I don't know about the greenies but someone else might. And just for FYI, I believe medium carb is 11-15% and high carb is >16%. The idea is to use food to help bring your kitty up if her numbers drop as it lasts longer than syrup/honey. I use medium carb often to help keep my kitty in the greens (and not go into the light greens).

How many minutes until your AMPS? Others may hopefully be coming on soon.

11. Christina & Kitty Cat

30min until AMPS. I have FF gravy lovers chicken 15% and beef 20%. Would prefer to stick to chicken due to not-yet-figured-out stomach sensitivity

12. Bandit's Mom

Think you can pick between SLGS and TR? The next dose would be determined by that - as well as the AMPS!

13. Christina & Kitty Cat

+11.5 88, had some purebites chicken to stay still...

Bandit's Mom and JaxBenji like this.
  14. Bandit's Mom

OK. He is flat. That's better than him heading down.

15. Christina & Kitty Cat

I've been trying to think about it but with past ketones, I'm not really sure what to do since I think skipping doses isn't really an option? I tried thinking about it the other day but I haven't been able to focus with all these surprises happening this week.

16. Bandit's Mom

Skipping is definitely not an option. Not unless he is below 50 on the human meter. Even then, with DKA I am not sure...maybe someone with experience with DKA would advise that you feed and shoot after some time. I really don't know.

Will you be around today to test?

17. Christina & Kitty Cat

Recap for anyone hopefully coming in soon:
    PM+10 83, tiny snack FF classic chicken with ondansetron
    PM+11 83, purebites treat
    PM+11.5 88, more purebites treat
    AMPS due in 15 min
    CAN'T SKIP DOSE DUE TO KETONES, ALMOST DKA

started on 1u
    9/13 ketones small, vet said "not DKA yet" (negative ever since)
    9/15 hypo
    9/16 reduced to 0.5u for 2 cycles
    9/17 0.75u for 2 cycles

sensitive stomach, vomiting 9/11-9/13, 9/17 (this day might've just been bc unfamiliar food flavor)
    on ondansetron & famotidine

regular food: ff classic chicken 3%
    in case of hypo: ff gravy chicken 15%, purina cat chow dry 27%, hills w/d wet 25%, honey, greenies treats

I will be home to test at anytime, HUMAN METER

Jenifer likes this.
  18. JaxBenji

Do you have any flexibility in your shot time? Once you get to AMPS, you could test, not feed, and stall another 20 to see if someone with DKA experience can weigh in. Just throwing it out there - it means you'd shoot your PMPS 12 hours from whenever your AMPS ends up being.

19. Bandit's Mom

Your summaries are excellent! :cool:

Christina & Kitty Cat likes this.
  20. Christina & Kitty Cat

I guess I can stall? I had to stall 1.25 hours on 9/16 to confirm the reduction following hypo so everything shifted that day.

21. JaxBenji

@tiffmaxee Morning Elise :) can you weigh in here for Kitty Cat? She's lower near AMPS and Christina is looking for dosing advice.

22. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Good morning. How off schedule can you be?

JaxBenji likes this.
  23. Bandit's Mom

80s are good, safe healing numbers. Let's wait and see where the AMPS is?

@tiffmaxee Why are we considering stalling? To see if the numbers trend higher? The last proper meal was at PMPS +2. Without food wouldn't the numbers only go lower?

24. tiffmaxee

If she doesn’t eat her bg might very well drop. One possibility would be to feed and test in 2 hours. With SLGS she’s earned a reduction to .50. With TR no reduction is earned.

25. tiffmaxee

We cross posted. I think she might be extra sensitive to insulin. When she shot the green she dropped under 68 on the AT.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  26. tiffmaxee

The other option is to shoot .50 on time and feed some mc but you will need to monitor and feed often. Is her appetite ok?

27. Bandit's Mom

I was thinking the same thing. Since we don't have enough data on how he reacts in low numbers and skipping is not an option with the DKA, a 0.5 unit dose might make sense.

28. Christina & Kitty Cat

AMPS is 93
    gave some more treats to stay still, definitely hungry, wasted 5 test strips and had the lancet in his mouth when I was collecting blood, I want to cry. He's getting super hangry
    what do I dooooo

29. Bandit's Mom

Time for AMPS?

30. Christina & Kitty Cat

okay I can do that! aligns with what the second vet wanted yesterday as well. okay I will feed FF gravy chicken 15% since it's mc. will monitor and feed in small portions

31. tiffmaxee

I would shoot .50 since you can monitor. Others might shoot 1.0 but she is so new to insulin I just feel .50 makes sense.

Si am cat mom likes this.
  32. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Christina,

Just got the alert (been busy with stuff for my own civvie).

Let me have a quick look at the SS. Back in a minute or two...

Mogs

33. Bandit's Mom

Feed him. But not so much that he becomes too full to eat later. Or throws up from eating too much too quickly!

tiffmaxee likes this.
  34. Bandit's Mom

Elise, he was on 0.75U. After he earned that reduction from 1 unit - after going below 68 two days back- Christina had taken a reduction to 0.50 but Wendy thought that 0.75 made sense with the DKA in play so he went back up to 0.75 yesterday.

35. tiffmaxee

Get a test in an hour. You might be able to feed lc at that point.

36. tiffmaxee

I know. IF he were higher I would have said .75. You can do .75 as well.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  37. Critter Mom

I see you're able to monitor throughout the cycle, but I have a couple of questions for you first:

1. How is Kitty Cat's appetite?

2. Has he thrown up at any time since he vomited in the middle of yesterday's AM cycle?

3. Have you got a good supply of medium carb and high carb wet foods? (Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers? Which varieties?)

4. Is Kitty Cat still getting ondansetron? If yes, when was his last dose, and when is his next dose due?

Sorry if you've already posted some of the above. I'm conscious of your schedule and don't have time to read through recent history.

Please don't give any insulin until you've heard back after answering the above.

Mogs

38. tiffmaxee

Good appetite. Has supplies.

39. Christina & Kitty Cat

OH NO I DID IT ALREADY!!! I gave 0.5u. Is he gonna be okay???
    1. good appetite, just ate half can ff gravy chicken 15% with lots of water
    2. no vomit since yesterday's AM+7
    3. all the ff gravys are 15% except the beef which is 20% but I'm hoping to stick to chicken to rule out food allergy
    4. ondansetron 2 hours pre shot, AM+6

40. Critter Mom

I disagree with the 0.75IU dose, both yesterday and today. The reason I suggested the 0.5IU dose is because Kitty Cat is underweight and swung from high to hypo to high over the last couple of days. His glycogen stores are likely to get depleted quickly and, because the body is protecting muscle mass, it can take a bit of time for the liver to play catch-up with synthesis of new glucose. I thought there was less likelihood of him going too low on the lower dose [ETA: and possibly ending up with PS BGs that are too low to safely dose in a cat with very little data and notable complications. Also hoped that more even cycles would reduce chance of triggering larger magnitude bounces, possibly amplified by consumption of HC food, as was the case a couple of nights ago. With Christina diligently monitoring ketone status I considered the risk of additional hypos to be greater.]

It looks very much like the problem Robyn has with Olive (and other cats I've seen here in the past).

Mogs

41. Christina & Kitty Cat

he usually eats 1.5can ff chicken 3% for breakfast. is this half can high carb enough to eat with his 0.5u dose? he's definitely still very hungry. Shot was ~15 mins late. I'm going to get a +1. will then have the question of which food to feed (lc or hc) for the rest of his breakfast

42. Critter Mom

Better that he's eating the higher carb food. I was going to suggest a slower switchover to a medium carb diet for the time being to help make insulin administration safer and more consistent (and also to hopefully help Kitty Cat gain weight a bit faster).

Contingency Planning:

Do you also have any low carb FF chicken paté in the house (belt and braces, just in case the Gravy Lovers were to upset his tum and you needed to switch back.)

Oh, well. Can't get it back out. ;)

You're there to monitor and steer numbers if and when needed, Christina. You will keep Kitty Cat safe. :)

Mogs

43. Critter Mom

You don't want to fill him up too early, Christina. There is a possibility that you may need to feed him several snacks through this cycle if he heads for the lower part of the reference range again.

Reminder:

With the human meter, you don't want to let numbers go below 50.

If it were me and it was still early in the cycle I would actually intervene at a higher BG level to steady numbers (60s or 70s - a little of the higher carb foods at a time, and adequate testing to make sure he doesn't drop too low).

Mogs

44. Christina & Kitty Cat

Second Recap:
    PM+10 83, tiny snack FF classic chicken with ondansetron
    PM+11 83, purebites treat
    PM+11.5 88, more purebites treat
    AMPS 92 1/2 can FF gravy chicken 15% (FIRST TIME HAVING MC)
    Will get AM+1 soon

started on 1u
    9/13 ketones small, vet said "not DKA yet" (negative ever since)
    9/15 hypo
    9/16 reduced to 0.5u for 2 cycles
    9/17 0.75u for 2 cycles
    9/18 (today) AM 0.5u

sensitive stomach, vomiting 9/11-9/13, 9/17 (this day might've just been bc unfamiliar food flavor)
    on ondansetron (PM+10, AM+6, PM+2) & famotidine (PMPS)

regular food: ff classic chicken 3%
    food in house: ff gravy chicken 15%, purina cat chow dry 27%, hills w/d wet 25%, honey, greenies treats

I will be home to test at anytime, HUMAN METER

Critter Mom and Bandit's Mom like this.
  45. Critter Mom

@tiffmaxee, @JaxBenji, @Bandit's Mom -

I cannot stay with Christina and Kitty Cat today. (There are things I have to do here for my own cat that cannot wait.) Can somebody please confirm that you're able to keep a look-out for them during this cycle, please?

Mogs

46. Christina & Kitty Cat

okay he's calmed down a bit now. holding food. just to clarify, when you say "higher carb", the 15% is okay? Just learning today about the inbetween "MC"
    I have the gravy beef 20% but prefer to stick to chicken to rule out food allergies.

47. Christina & Kitty Cat

thanks for coming on when you did <3 always appreciate your presence. Hope your kitty is okay!!

Critter Mom likes this.
  48. Critter Mom

A thought:

I suggest that you only add a small amount of water to what you feed Kitty Cat for this cycle (say, a teaspoon or two max to a small meal), again because you don't want to fill him up. If you need to give food to steer numbers I'd suggest offering it 'neat' during the middle of the cycle. You can always give him more water after the cycle is complete.

Mogs

49. tiffmaxee

I have to leave in less than 3 hours for an appointment. I can check in but not as often as I would like.

50. Christina & Kitty Cat

understood! He doesn't drink much from fountain anymore and with all the tummy troubles, I've been making his food more soupy but will not put water in food for rest of this cycle to avoid him getting too full.

Critter Mom likes this.
  51. JaxBenji

I can check-in but I feel Kitty Cat needs a more experienced guide than me...though I can certainly help track down helpers when needed.

Critter Mom and tiffmaxee like this.
  52. Critter Mom

In general FDMB terms, anything that isn't low carb is technically regarded as 'higher carb'. :D

To clarify, foods from 10% to the mid-higher teens would be medium carb, and it's normally the first thing to reach for when steering a cat who's normally fed a low carb diet. Anything 20% or over definitely counts as high carb.

Lúnasa has IRIS stage 3 CKD complicated with HCM, hypertension and anaemia. She's due at the vets on Monday for a cystocentesis and another round of bloodwork. I'm trying to get her records up to date for the vet.

Mogs

53. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I've been dealing with multiple issues (work) mom's prescriptions all morning...

But it looks like you've gotten lots of suggestions/help!

My afternoon isn't looking much better.

54. Critter Mom

Thank you, Elise. Hopefully you'll have a picture of where the cycle is heading before you have to duck out. I'm really sorry I can't stay. I've got to focus on the Noodle. :(

Thank you, Susanne. That'll be really helpful! :)

Mogs

55. tiffmaxee

@JaxBenji Hi. It’s really going to be helping her decide when to test and when and what to feed. You know how to do that really well.

Critter Mom and JaxBenji like this.
  56. JaxBenji

Okay :bighug: I can do that. We would be more conservative than I am with Jax, right? For him, I don't use my MC unless in the 50s or I know he's up to his PMPS antics or coming off a reduction...for Kitty Cat, we want to keep him around 100? Looks like he has a bump already but just want a little plan (of course lol ;)).

I do have to run to groceries in a bit but I'll leave a note here when I go out.

Critter Mom and tiffmaxee like this.
  57. tiffmaxee

Yes, be more conservative since this kitty is underweight and gas these issues. We don’t want her to earn a reduction or get too close to the sharks. You understand perfectly. I’ll be here for about 2 hours and can check my phone while out. Thanks.:bighug:

58. Christina & Kitty Cat

yes! I figured this is exactly what I need today. Thanks everyone for the help. Nice to have you here @JaxBenji :bighug:
    +1 is 124. Will get a +2

59. Christina & Kitty Cat

Going to take the [?] off my post since I don't think we're in emergency yet and want to leave room for other kitties with higher need.

Critter Mom likes this.
  60. tiffmaxee

Good job. Nice safe food bump.

61. JaxBenji

You're doing great :) I'm Susanne and my sugar cat is Jax (black one in my pic). Do you happen to have measuring spoons around? Now that Kitty Cat has had some breakfast, sometimes a teaspoon or two is all the kitty needs to keep surfing (or staying in the same healthy numbers).

Critter Mom likes this.
  62. Christina & Kitty Cat

Hi Susanne & Jax! I'm Christina from NYC :) and my sweet bean is Kitty Cat.
    I do have measuring spoons. I admit I've been eyeballing but can definitely get more precise now that I'm starting to record his intake.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  63. Critter Mom

Sending best wishes for a safe and uneventful cycle.

Susanne, you're a star! :)

Mogs

64. JaxBenji

Love the city! We're in NC. And I was the same way - eyeballing - then started measuring. It will really help for your NEXT experience with these numbers - though it will also help today if we need it...When I see lower numbers that I've seen before, I look back at my notes to see what I fed & the amt, and what the number was next time I tested (and then decide if I want to repeat that or change it slightly - it's all sort of a little balancing act).

Today, measuring will help tell us if we need more or less of whatever food to keep Kitty Cat safe :)

65. Christina & Kitty Cat

Can someone point me to Olive's spreadsheet? Or any others you think would be helpful for us? I was advised yesterday to go through some other spreadsheets to become familiar with the different scenarios. Doing my best to soak up all this info to avoid future panic and relieve you guys a little. I read through the guides but am lost because of the ketones. He's been negative ever since his trip to the hospital, but I'm worried about it coming back.

66. tiffmaxee

67. Christina & Kitty Cat

68. Christina & Kitty Cat

69. JaxBenji

Let's feed some MC - How about 2t and test in 30?

70. tiffmaxee

If she surfs it’s will be very good. It’s different this time. You have supplies and it’s during the day

71. Christina & Kitty Cat

My boy is HUNGRYYY. poor guy slid off the table after jumping to get to food. Feeding 2 tsp MC! Also some more purebites with testing. Taking me a while to get used to this human meter larger blood requirement. Wasted another 4 strips because he kept moving.

JaxBenji likes this.
  72. Christina & Kitty Cat

yes, I actually slept last night!! he usually knocks out after breakfast for a few hours but he's SUPER HYPER right now. I will take this opportunity to get him some exercise...

73. JaxBenji

You'll get it down :) I do a little breadcrumb trail in front of me with small bits of the purebites to keep my kitty busy. I try to rub his ear before I put the treats down to help the blood flow a little. Glad he's eating willingly :)

tiffmaxee likes this.
  74. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Paws crossed for a flat surf today.

Last night’s numbers would still have been influenced by the 1.0 unit depot, which can influence 4-6 cycles after a reduction.

Please try to get a ketones test when you can today.

75. Christina & Kitty Cat

+2 81, fed 2 tsp MC + purebites
    +2.5 88

JaxBenji likes this.
  76. JaxBenji

I think we should repeat (2t MC) to bump him up a little more and get through onset.

77. JaxBenji

Also I came from AlphaTrak testing too and the biggest difference in getting blood was the AT strips suck it up better than the human one. Once I lined up the blood spot on my human strip and shoved it in the middle of the blood drop, I had a lot more success.

So, 2 more t MC and I'd test again at +3 to see what Kitty Cat is doing.

78. Critter Mom

Hold his ear if you can, it can help minimise head movement. Try collecting a decent sized blood sample on the back of a clean fingernail and then testing it from there.

79. tiffmaxee

I agree. :D

80. Christina & Kitty Cat

+2 81, fed 2 tsp MC + purebites
    +2.5 88, fed 2 tsp MC + purebites
    +3 95

81. JaxBenji

You and Kitty Cat are doing great :bighug:

AMPS 92 *1/2 of can FF gravy chicken 15% (FIRST TIME HAVING MC)
    +1 124 *no food?
    +2 81 *2t MC
    +2.5 88 *2t MC
    +3 95

The MC is working nicely to keep bring him up slowly. Is his appetite still good? I am thinking another 2t and give a poke break for an hour (so test at +4).

82. Wendy&Neko

I think you can go to lower carb now. It's more than done it's job. The goal of feeding is to try to get him to maintain his numbers, and not drop more.

83. JaxBenji

Or we could do a mix - 1t of each? I was just being conservative with the MC & try to give them a break :)

84. Christina & Kitty Cat

I'm a little dizzy myself and need to eat so a 1 hr poke break would be nice. He's still hungry! I'll do a mix so he's not upset by the sudden lack of gravy goodness.
    Also just a note, he gets ondansetron at +6 which I give with ~ 2tsp food

tiffmaxee and JaxBenji like this.
  85. JaxBenji

Sounds like a plan of doing 1t of MC and 1t of LC and test at +4 :D Longer in the healing numbers, the more Kitty Cat's body gets used to it (which is likely the reasoning behind @Wendy&Neko saying to back off the MC :)).

86. Christina & Kitty Cat

About using MC every once in a while... once the can is opened, how long do you usually keep it in the fridge if there's still some leftover?

87. JaxBenji

I personally do about a day or so. I also have freezed teapoons in an ice cube tray - popped them out and put them in a ziplock. I personally still reach for the fresh MC (or leftover in the fridge) but it's another thought - they defrost super fast since it's such a small amount.

88. Critter Mom

Christina,

A thought just crossed my mind so I've popped in for a minute:

Do you have enough ondansetron for Kitty Cat to see you through to Monday? If not I suggest you ask the vet for more today before they close so that you have the tools you need to help Kitty Cat to keep eating well throughout the weekend.

Gone again.

Mogs

89. Christina & Kitty Cat

+4 123
    appetite still good
    Called vet and they said no refill allowed. I have enough to last until the end of Sunday, 8 more doses. I want to believe that yesterday's vomit was just too much new food.

JaxBenji likes this.
  90. JaxBenji

+1 124 *no food?
    +2 81 *2t MC
    +2.5 88 *2t MC
    +3 95 *1t MC, 1t LC
    +4 123

Is Kitty Cat still clamoring for food or calmer? I'm inclined to say no food right now and test in another hour at +5 (so it'd be two hours without food) - would be interesting to see if he keeps rising or not. If he's hungry, I'd definitely do LC but still only 1-2t.

91. JaxBenji

Also excellent job keeping your SS up to date :) I saw your +4 there first :bighug: And this is a lot of work right now but it won't always be this way. You are a quick learner and you'll figure out what Kitty Cat needs.

92. Christina & Kitty Cat

no food at +1
    not dying for food right now. will get a +5
    THANK YOU!

tiffmaxee and JaxBenji like this.
  93. tiffmaxee

Susanne you are doing great. Just checking in from my hair appointment. :bighug:
    Christina you will be coaching others before you know it. :bighug:

94. Christina & Kitty Cat

yessss you are my hero today susanne!!
    I'm feeling a lot better today. My inbox is piling up but decided to not look at work today so I can focus on kitty cat and calming myself down from this "hell of a week". still at odds with family over "the right thing to do" but it's also helping me be EVEN MORE confident in my feelings that I'm doing my baby right.

tiffmaxee, Critter Mom and JaxBenji like this.
  95. JaxBenji

Thank you Elise :bighug: Christina, Elise took me and Jax under her wing - you are in such good hands here!

96. Christina & Kitty Cat

+1 124 *no food
    +2 81 *2t MC
    +2.5 88 *2t MC
    +3 95 *1t MC, 1t LC
    +4 123 *hold food
    +5 121

Should I hold food again until +6 when he's due for ondansetron with 2 tsp LC? I also want him to drink more so I can get a ketone test in today

JaxBenji likes this.
  97. JaxBenji

Yay Kitty Cat :cool: Let's do 1-2 t of LC and test at +6. I know you have to feed a little at +6 too but a little LC may keep him in these blues.

98. Christina & Kitty Cat

ooh okay sorry we crossposted/I was editing. I'll give him 1tsp LC now. He's not dying for food and I want to make sure the ondansetron goes down.

99. JaxBenji

You are doing so great! I've only been engaged here for a month - I have learned so so much and know my cat better than ever (whom I've had for 15 years!). I'm sure you may have a similar experience!

Ha, no worries. I was so excited he stayed flat lol. He's doing great and so are you!

100. Wendy&Neko

How often are you giving ondansetron now?

101. Christina & Kitty Cat

Kitty Cat came to me as a stray, maybe 6 months old by then. Brother brought him home and I said absolutely not, I'm allergic. Fast forward ~ 8 years and he's very much mine. It's just me and my sweet bean living together since March. I was so happy I could take him with me when I moved out and into my own apartment, keep a tighter lid on his food since he was overweight. But then he lost TOO MUCH! Then came the diagnosis.
    I'll definitely be on here to give back as soon as I can. I've already received so much help and look forward to doing that for others.

1mg every 8 hours

Critter Mom likes this.
  102. Wendy&Neko

How much does he weigh? That's a really small dose, it's dosed by weight. My 8 lb cat gets 2 mg. Fortunately she wolfs it down in a pill pocket.