9/18 Butters PMPS 54/+1 68/+2 76/+5 50/+5.5 70/+7 52/+7.5 67/+11 67/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Butters & Lyla, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Butters earned a reduction overnight in usual dramatic fashion: lots of HC and a drop to 47 anyways, and no sleep for me.:coffee: Her last snack was at +9 overnight, so I'm glad to see her holding her own at 52 this morning!

I shave reductions because she is a cat who does not hold reductions well, so her dose went from 1.625u to 1.5u this morning (2.25mm measurement for my syringes). She has been reduced to 1.5u previously and it didn't work, so let's see if it works this time.

Have a lovely day/evening, all.

2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Good job, Lyla & Butters :bighug: And remember the cat needs what the cat needs. Jax just dropped from 2u and when he was on 2u before, it wasn't the same experience as this last go. Check my SS. Butters is showing her pancreas healing so it's picking up some of the work :D

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  3. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

She seems to be one step ahead of you all the time! What lovely green cycles. You must be exhausted keeping her surfing safely through the day and night. Phew!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Wow Butters!!
    Have a great day Lyla

5. Butters & Lyla

That they do!

That's great! Good luck with the reduction!
    I have been down and up the dosing ladder with Butters and she has earned and not held reductions multiple times. I'll wait for her to surprise me with a reduction back to a recent dose that actually sticks.

6. Butters & Lyla

There are a lot of mental gymnastics happening over here, that's for sure! I'm lucky that she has gotten into the green cycles now, so I'll take the lack of sleep to keep it going for as long as I can.

Tomlin, thebigfuzz and Bandit's Mom like this.
  7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I hope you get a little break today Lyla, I'm going to call you the Energizer Bunny
    I don't know how you do it, amazing

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

Congrats on the reduction :cat:

Butters & Lyla and JaxBenji like this.
  9. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Butters is so lucky to have you as her Mama:D:D:D

10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reduction. I see it was basically on the race between Butters and Jax. You are doing a fabulous job with her. :):D

11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Butters is looking great. :D

12. Lisa & Oberon

Lisa & Oberon Well-Known Member

Wow! Look at her go. Hope the shaved reduction holds.

13. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

:D:D:D:bighug::bighug::bighug:GOD BLESS!

14. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha Member

Wow!!! Look at that run of greens!! Way to go Butters. Now let’s make that reduction stick! Good work, Lyla!

15. Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha

Sam&Milo(GA)&Singha Member

I’m still learning: did you shoot at 52?

16. Butters & Lyla

I did!:) TR protocol allows you to shoot at 50 and above. I will shoot these numbers without batting an eye now. But it was scary at first.

On September 9th I had a 50 PMPS and I shot a BCS (half dose) because I was too freaked out to shoot the full dose. I regretted not shooting the full dose later, though. And with the depot in play, I don't think the BCS would have impacted the next cycle anyways. I think I saw the impact of the BCS a few cycles later as Butters' numbers went a bit higher.
    Now that I've had a run of greens and numbers in the 50s and 60s, I've come to come to realize they aren't all that scary. I've read the stickys on how to handle low numbers and being data ready to shoot low so many times now. I'm comfortable. "Shoot low to stay low" as the saying goes.

Thanks Sam! :bighug:

Diane Tyler's Mom and tiffmaxee like this.
  17. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Butters and Jax want to keep each other company. How sweet. It’s nice for the beans to have company.

Butters & Lyla and JaxBenji like this.
  18. Butters & Lyla

Lol. Yep. Plotting how they can get more gravy from me and @JaxBenji It is definitely nice to have the company.

Awe thanks for this :bighug:. I can only take partial credit. It's because of what I've learned (and am still learning) here and the copious amounts of help I've received.

19. Butters & Lyla

I am running out of steam, Diane! All I can think of is how amazing it would be to get like three hours of uninterrupted sleep. I may sneak some higher carb food into Butters' autofeeder tonight. Except I have to wake up to wake her up or she won't eat at all during the night. So either way, I have to wake up.

thebigfuzz and Diane Tyler's Mom like this.
  20. Diane Tyler's Mom

I could imagine how good it would feel for you to get 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep.
    They are worse than having an infant.
    Hey if you have to wake up during the night so she will eat then it's only fair she has to be woken up lol :bighug::cat:

21. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

If Jax & Butters are having all these convos, I hope Jax is talking her into just being a teensy bit higher at night so some sleep can be had :bighug: