9/17 Maxi AMPS 105/+3:187/+4:167/+5:126/+7:76/+8:60/+9:82/PMPS 166/+2.5:239/+4:203/+6:151/+10:71

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by bambinaki, Sep 17, 2020.

1. bambinaki

bambinaki Well-Known Member

Last thread: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-76-5-5-54-6-55-6-5-67-7-73-8-72-9-65.235406/

Hello-

For the last 2 nights, Maxi's glucose dropped steeply and got stuck in low numbers even though he ate high carb food.
    Recently, early in the day, his BG is kind of high, reaching the 200s, but at night it really drops. Then, last night, it was really stubborn even though I kept feeding him high carb food. Fancy Feast with gravy is high carb, isn't it?
    I haven't changed his regular food from the 3 to 5 (low carb, low phosphorus) varieties he's been eating.

At PMPS, his BG was 226
    +2.5 (11:30pm), his BG was 225
    +4.5: 76
    +5.5: 54 -- ate 1 tablespoon HC food
    +6: 55 -- ate 1 tablespoon HC food & some pieces of VitalCat raw duck dry
    +6.5: 67 -- ate a few pieces of VitalCat
    +7: 73 -- ate 1 tablespoon HC food & some pieces of VitalCat
    +8: 72 -- ate 1 tablespoon HC food & some pieces of VitalCat
    +9: 65 -- ate 1 tablespoon HC food

What's going on and what to do about it?

Thank you

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't have any advice. Just stopping by to offer support. :bighug::bighug:

bambinaki likes this.
  3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

I'm sure someone with more experience will come by to offer insight but those look like nice healing numbers :D My cat loves to dip around +3/+4 and then back down for PMPS :)

Also, what flavors FF Gravy are you using? I use the following (and refer to the food chart here) -
    For Medium Carb (MC):
    Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers Turkey Feast (15%)
    Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers Chicken Feast (15%)

For High Carb (HC):
    Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers Beef Feast (20%)

*I'm in the US and bought a "Poultry & Beef" Gravy Lovers Box from Target - it has 8 of the turkey, 8 of the chicken, and 8 of the beef. Here's a link to it from Chewy.

bambinaki and Lisa & Oberon like this.
  4. bambinaki

Turkey and Tuna

Thank you so much for the info!

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If you need a break, and after three nights of this I imagine you do, try lowering his dose "temporarily" to 9.5 units. I found many of Neko's temporary reductions so I could get sleep, ended up sticking. With an acrocat, you don't need to focus as much on earning reductions, but rather find that balance where he spends most of his time under renal threshold. You get to experiment and see what numbers work for Maxi. With Neko, nadirs in the 70's meant a good dose.

6. bambinaki

Thank you, Wendy. I will give 9.5 tonight and hope that it works well for Maxi.