9/13 Penny OTJ Trial day 11. AM 83 PM 95. Numbers slowly increasing.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Laurisaurus, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laurisaurus

Laurisaurus Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/9-11-penny-otj-day-9-ambg-78.235008/#post-2632171

Day 10.

I’m sad after getting the first blue number of the trial. PMBG 116. Hopefully it’s just a fluke. I did give her some pumpkin earlier to help with a gurgling tum tum. Maybe that spiked her a bit?

I talked to the vet yesterday and she said that her numbers weren’t concerning and that I should continue the Tresaderm. Poo poo to that. I stopped a few days ago and will not start again. I’m hoping that her numbers don’t rise any more.
    I do feel like she’s drinking and peeing a little more again but maybe I’m just paying too close attention. She’s always really liked her cat fountain. I think she’s gone two or three times today. Normal pee size though so I guess I shouldn’t worry.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

There's always one blue in an OTJ trail.
    Yes, a gurgling tum might up the numbers a bit.

3. Laurisaurus

Laurisaurus Member

Day 11 still in the green but just barely.

Her numbers seem to be getting a little higher each day. I am discouraged. Her am and pm numbers seem a bit high for her not having eaten for 4-6 hours beforehand.

I’m fully expecting to have to go back to the insulin in a few weeks if this keeps up.

Am I overreacting?

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Maybe a tad? Time will tell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.