8/13 Walter AMPS 362 PMPS 350

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Zelda & Walter, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Zelda & Walter

Zelda & Walter Well-Known Member

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Another bounce for Walter :(

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to see that green yesterday. I hope Walter comes back down today.

Zelda & Walter likes this.
  4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

@carfurby , unfortunately for Walter it's not really nice to see green. I've been encouraging Zelda to try to hold him up in the blues and even low yellows by feeding medium carb foods. Every time poor Walter slips down this low he bounces to the moon...

Any suggestions or ideas how to keep him from going to low so he doesn't go so high?

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Other than trying to catch the drop and feed to slow it down I don't have any suggestions.

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Here’s what I see. When Walter hit yellow you stopped testing for several hours. You missed any opportunity to slow the downward slide by not continuing to test. I would test and feed hourly at that point and feed him a little each time to slow him down. By the time you tested again he was already at 71. Too late to intervene with food. Then he bounces to the moon. Your goal until he gets used to blue should be to NOT hit green nadirs. You want to prevent a decrease or greens until he gets used to blues. Shiloh snd Gideon is trying that and the bounces are clearing more quickly.

Zelda & Walter and Sue and Luci like this.
  7. Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA)

Teri & Disco NoFurNo (GA) Well-Known Member

I am going to try this with my Rainbow cat, Disco, too. I probably didn't realize that even a downward slide to 71 would be too late to intervene with food.