7/25 Moondance AMPS 286, 283 @+2, 154 @+7, PMPS 211, 168 @+3

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sherri & Moondance, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Sherri & Moondance

Sherri & Moondance Member

Yesterday

Here we go :cat:
    Safe surfing, everyone!

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Nice start with Lantus!

I'd like to urge you to get into the habit of always getting at least one test during the PM cycle. Lantus dosing is based on the lowest number in the cycle so you don't want to miss an opportunity for a dose reduction. It's also the only way to insure that Moondance will be safe during the PM cycle especially since many cats experience lower numbers at night. In addition, without any PM tests, you'll be missing half of your data.

3. Sherri & Moondance

My plan is to always get a +3 before bed (and decide if any more testing throughout the night is warranted). Last night I tried and failed. Decided not to push it as he had been staying safely in the blues for the last 2 days. But I will be more vigilant in the future. Hopefully, as both of us get more comfortable, testing failures will become a thing of the past.

Thanks for keeping an eye on us! I really do appreciate it :bighug:

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Your plan is perfect!

5. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Sherri, just checking in on you and Moondance. Nice blue number. The testing will get better, remember to try to get close to the edge of his ear. My vision is awful plus Dolly is dark so I poke her on the inside of her ear. Luckily Moondance has light fur. I know you have to be quick with him but I think you will both get used to it in time. Be patient with both of you, they pick up on our anxiety. Wishing you all a great day and safe surfing Moondance. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Sherri & Moondance

Thanks for the good wishes, Adrienne, His ears have so little fur, it’s easy to see where I need to poke. At least that part is easy. His right ear just doesn’t like to bleed as well as the left. So far, testing has gone well today (yay!). I got some new treats he seems to like.

Our Dolly Girl (GA) likes this.