7/24, Susie, 124 AMPS, 155 @+1, 163 @+2

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Summer and Susie (GA), Jul 24, 2021.

1. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/7-23-susie-253-amps.250241/#post-2823281

I had set my alarm for 11:30 (+5.7) last night and did something I haven't done in the past. I rolled over, turned off the alarm, and went back to sleep. :arghh: Shame on me. I don't know how low she went last night but I tested at +8.2 and she was at 83 so I fed 1 oz of l/c. A good start to the day. I'll get a +1 this morning.

Wishing everyone a pleasant and peaceful Saturday.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Good morning, Summer. Susie is off to a good start today. Hopefully she just surfed in good safe greens last night.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  3. Heather82372

Heather82372 Member

You must have been in a SOUND sleep. She may very well have surfed the greens all night. Hopefully she doesn't bounce too much. Btw, what are your shot times?

4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

You must have been too tired to get up! I can relate!

Hang in there :)

5. Summer and Susie (GA)

Good morning to you too, Suzanne. I hope she surfed safely last night as well. If I had remembered, when I woke to the alarm, that she was coming down at +3, I would have gotten up. Stressful week but no excuse.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  6. Summer and Susie (GA)

Shot times are 5:45. Have a good day, Heather.

Suzanne & Darcy and Heather82372 like this.
  7. Summer and Susie (GA)

I was tired. Seems I am always tired these days. Thanks for stopping by, Sue.

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Don't be hard on yourself. It sounds like you needed the sleep and Susie is fine. I hope she slides back down today. How is your mom this morning? :bighug::bighug:

9. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Morning Summer , a nice start today, I have done that myself shut the alarm off and went right back to sleep, with everything you have been dealing with this week you have to be exhausted. I hope you can take a little break today and just sit down and rest. Hope your mom is feeling better . Have a good day ♥:bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

It happens Summer. I’ve been to tired to get up :facepalm:. But a lovely start to the day. Have a lovely day

11. Heather82372

Heather82372 Member

Summer are you going to need more Lantus cartridges soon? I have 5 never opened ones. With my work schedule I don't see ever using them. We could meet half way.

12. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

13. Summer and Susie (GA)

My Mom is not herself. I hope the overdose did not do permanent damage. She doesn't think to eat. She doesn't remember she didn't eat. She thought we were in Tallahassee earlier today. I'm really worried. Hope she gets back to normal soon. Susie is not doing well today. Probably a bounce from last night. I thank you for your concern.

14. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks, Diane. Just a little depressed today.

15. Summer and Susie (GA)

Why do you want to give up your syringes, Heather? Did you take Shooter off the Lantus? Is everything okay with your boy?

16. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks, Adrienne. Susie just kept coming up and up today. She may have gone lower than I thought last night. I guess this is going to be a big bounce.

17. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks for your hugs, Pamela. Guess I need them today.

18. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

So hard to take care of a parent I know I did it twice, with my Dad and Dementia and my Mom with 3 different Cancers Healing hugs and prayers for strength:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

19. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you, Pamela. I also took care of my husband for five years - in between strokes. Dealing with mental problems can sometimes be worse than dealing with physical problems. I am praying that she just needs a little more time for her body to clear the muscle relaxant and that she will be her old self soon. I'm sorry you had so much to deal with with your folks. Your Dad and Mom were very fortunate to have you taking care of them. Bless you, sweet lady. You have a very kind soul and will be rewarded.

20. Heather82372

Heather82372 Member

Oh shoot! I forgot. I ordered it from Mark's Marine Pharmacy and they were low on Lantus, so they sent Basaglar saying that it was the same. Maybe I should check with some other people on here first.

Sorry to hear about your mom. Hopefully she returns to normal soon.

21. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks for offering anyway, Heather. I was worried that something had happened to Shooter :arghh:. Are you switching to something else? I have been thinking about switching to Levemir but not sure at this point. I still have one and one half Lantus pens left before I make my decision. Very sweet of you to offer anyway. Mom actually got up this evening and made herself dinner tonight so I am feeling better. Thank you for asking.

22. Heather82372

Heather82372 Member

So as I look on our Lantus and Levemir group it does say Lantus/Basaglar and Levemir which makes me think it is one in the same. I switched Shooter to Levemir back in May because my kitty Poppy back in the early 2000's had diabetes. Although he wasn't completely regulated he still did well on it. I gave him shots for 9 years and he lived to be 17!

Glad to hear your mom is doing better tonight. Hopefully it will continue to be better every day. :)

23. Marina & Chico

Marina & Chico Well-Known Member

Summer hope your mom feels better today :bighug::bighug: you are doing an amazing job with Susie, hope she gets a bit lower on this dose :bighug: