7/24 Oscar AMPS 528, +6 365, PMPS 470, +2 449, +6 425

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by a_rose51, Jul 24, 2021.

1. a_rose51

a_rose51 Member

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Andrea, can you get a before bed test every night? TR requires one test per cycle in addition to pre-shots.

If we know that his nadirs are not going below 300, we can fasttrack the increases.
    @tiffmaxee

3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I agree with Bhooma...looks like this one could use a little more juice. Please be sure to get pre-shot tests - and as many mid-cycle tests as you can - I see that you work - so you may need to (I hate saying this)...set an alarm and get up at night to catch a mid-cycle number or two (yes, I know that's miserable)...but if you can catch the lowest possible number of the cycles then it'll help determine how soon you can increase the dose.

Try not to focus on the pre-shot numbers when they're high - those are typically the worst numbers of the day.

4. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hang in there, Andrea.

a_rose51 likes this.
  5. a_rose51

a_rose51 Member

@Bandit's Mom @Sue and Luci

I'm off the next two days, so can do plenty of testing. I can be temporarily miserable for my guy, so if middle of the night is needed, we'll make it work.

I'll get him in a couple hours and hope it looks a little better.

Thank you guys so much!

Sue and Luci and Bandit's Mom like this.
  6. a_rose51

a_rose51 Member

Thank you! We can do it!

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi Andrea. We need to get those numbers down. I worry about DKA. are you checking for ketones? The gas is likely from the food change and/or IBD. Did you switch food slowly?

I am glad you can test more today and tomorrow. Get a +2-3. If lower than the preshot it means he might go a lot lower. If the same or higher then just get a +5-7. If you add the test results to your title you are more likely to get advice about when to test. It’s crazy but most cats don’t mind tge tests when they realize a treat follows. Good luck.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  8. a_rose51

a_rose51 Member

I have the strips to test, but haven't been able to catch him urinating yet. Since I'm off, I'll be able to follow him around and test that too. The gas is getting better, so either it was from a quick change (I did it a little gradually, but could have rushed it), his suddenly consuming a LOT of food after his brief bout of not eating, or maybe the Fortiflora probiotics? I haven't given those the last couple days, and he seems to have improved mostly.

I'm struggling to get him to eat the PureBites, so I'm thinking of baking off some of the LC wet to see if he will eat that as a treat. Thank you again for the support!

9. tiffmaxee

Try a different flavor of Pure Bites. Maybe tuna or salmon? I don’t feed fish cat food but my current two like the salmon as treats. Max loved lamb treats. Good luck finding something he loves. It sure helps.

10. Sue and Luci

I've had great luck with this one: https://www.amazon.com/Orijen-Origi...&sprefix=freeze dried cat tre,aps,190&sr=8-10 (Luci loves them!)

and with this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Catmandoo-Dr...&sprefix=freeze dried cat tre,aps,190&sr=8-14 (comes in Salmon or Chicken flavor)...another favorite for Luci

Have you tried putting this enhancer on the wet food?
    https://www.chewy.com/dr-tims-flavor-booster-genuine-freeze/dp/105060

Luci needed encouragement before her I-131 - she didn't want to eat sometimes and this would really help get her started - I still use a sprinkle when she's being picky.

Keep trying as many varieties as you can - I find that Luci gets bored easily so I never open the same can twice in a row - I switch from Fancy Feast to Purina One Pate's (check the carb count) and Blue Wilderness. Fancy Feast Naturals are also an option - we have a drawer full of different flavors. AND then there's the raw - I have to make that one with meat and EZ Complete https://www.foodfurlife.com/ezcomplete-fur-cats-premix-information.html#/

She likes finding something different in her dish with every meal. Pick up some of those zip lock containers with the screw on lids for all this open cat food - I keep it in the fridge for a few days and work my way through the varieties...you can add a little label to the top to keep it straight about what's inside and when you opened it. Discard after 3 days if not eaten...at least that seems to work for us if it lasts that long.

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  11. a_rose51

a_rose51 Member

+6 is 365 today. I can do a more detailed check tomorrow, but I suspect we might need to increase?

Sue and Luci likes this.
  12. Bandit's Mom

Looks like it. Let's see how he does tonight.

With TR, if nadirs are over 300, you can increase by 0.5U.
    @tiffmaxee please correct me if I am wrong!

a_rose51 likes this.
  13. a_rose51

a_rose51 Member

Oh great! Thank you so much! I’ll order some of those today and try them. He seems okay with food. My other guy is picky and doesn’t seem to like anything fish-based, but I’ll play around because I don’t want either to get bored. I got my autofeeders today so I’ll start getting those out too. I just have a little trouble with the tests because I haven’t been able to lure him to be still. Thanks again!!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  14. Sue and Luci

I'd sure love to see a middle of the night time cycle test before going up .5??

15. a_rose51

a_rose51 Member

No problem. I’m on it tonight! I’ll get a +2-3 and then a +5-7

16. tiffmaxee

Yes but need need to know what is happening at night as Sue said.

a_rose51 and Bandit's Mom like this.
  17. a_rose51

a_rose51 Member

+6 tonight still 425. I assume that means increase to 1.5?

18. Bandit's Mom

Tagging @tiffmaxee for her input.