6/21 - Mac AMPS - 44/54/60/56 ,+1 63/73, +2 89, +7 125,+10 235, PMPS 387, +2 458, +4 435, +5 462

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by jillnc1, Jun 21, 2024 at 5:46 AM.

1. jillnc1

jillnc1 Member

Last edited: Jun 22, 2024 at 9:51 AM
    Reason for edit: add previous day link
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Did you take the test again to see if it was correct?

3. jillnc1

jillnc1 Member

I have taken it 4 times. It is going up now. 44/52/54/60. How long do I continue to test and I am assuming no morning shot.

4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Yes, you would skip the shot and go down to 0.75u from tonight.

Please feed only LC food now that he's heading up and won't get insulin.

5. jillnc1

jillnc1 Member

ok I did just give him a pill pocket with some appetite stimulant and had given him 1 drop of syrup 30 minutes ago.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  6. jillnc1

jillnc1 Member

FYI Ketones .2 so good on that front. Thanks for your help.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Congrats on the reduction tonight

Last edited: Jun 21, 2024 at 9:39 AM
    jillnc1 likes this.
  8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Wow! You got that strong reaction. I was asleep and am just seeing this. You now have a feel for TR. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2024 at 10:54 AM
    jillnc1 likes this.
  9. jillnc1

jillnc1 Member

Do you think the low numbers are starting him on 1U on raw diet?

what do you think might happen next? He is just cruising this morning numbers wise.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2024 at 10:25 AM
  10. tiffmaxee

I think 1 unit was too much for him right now. There was no way to know that in advance. We just have to see what he thinks of the lower dose. It’s nice to see a good response. I don’t think there’s any way to predict his next move as it’s too early. How’s he acting other than not having a good appetite?

11. jillnc1

jillnc1 Member

Thanks Elise! He was a little down (no purring) but then I remembered I gave him the appetite stimulant Cyrprehedine which is an antihistamine. I also gave him some fluids.

i wonder if there is any chance Mac's pancreas just needed a kick. This first cycle feels like last time a bit only way earlier. I do think he has inflammation going on somewhere. the vet will do the dental when his numbers are manageable.

12. jillnc1

jillnc1 Member

He had only been in the yellows/reds in the last few days. this came on sort of fast. So we caught it in the very beginning. Vet labs showed in range, but for him they were 50% higher than 6 most ago. so I tested and he was 234 then went into blue range then yellow to red over a couple of days. My vet trusted me and recommended and prescribed the insulin. Even she said 1 U to start too and check back in 3 days with her

13. tiffmaxee

I agreed on 1 unit but Mac did not. None of us knew what his body would think if it. I would have started with that as well but that’s the starting dose for TR. SLGS would have started with .50. Since he’s come out of remission the 1 unit made sense to me. I think you will soon be able to get that dental and once recovered he will hopefully not need insulin although no clue how long it will take. I wonder if he’s in pain from his tooth/teeth.

14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

We also look at what the cat's dose was the first time on insulin when starting back on insulin when they fall out of remission. Starting at what TR or SLGS suggests for newly diagnosed cat's isn't the only thing we consider. Last time, Mac never got above 1 unit. Guess he didn't like 1 unit!

15. jillnc1

jillnc1 Member

I will be getting PMPS test of course round 6:30 pm EDT. What number would you have me shoot? obviously I am a little worried if it was low 100's but if yellow no problem. This is where I get nervous with TR, shooting low. Time will tell. i may test a wee bit early so I can get some help on deciding. Thanks again for being here for Mac and I.

16. jillnc1

jillnc1 Member

did a test at +10 and he is 235. I have been feeding a little bit each hour this afternoon and will hold food now until PMPS test.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  17. jillnc1

jillnc1 Member

With PMPS 387 - Should I Feed and shoot .75 U ? Then test +2 and go from there with food and testing?

18. tiffmaxee

That’s a good plan.

19. jillnc1

jillnc1 Member

Didn't expect this. Is this a bounce from this mornings lows? so no feeding and test again in PMPS +4 ?? Although the last 2 nights he doesn't seem to start going down to +4.

Interestingly he is acting much better/happier.

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 21, 2024 at 7:56 PM
  20. tiffmaxee

Yes, it’s a bounce! Gives you the night off from testing.

21. jillnc1

jillnc1 Member

Ok will still test +4 just so no surprises. Haha. Mac is acting almost totally normal now even munching on his raw venison :facepalm:

22. tiffmaxee

I probably would do the same. He got pretty low so the bounce is no surprise. Higher probably feels better to him that really low or just getting back on insulin is making him feel better. Either way it’s good to hear he’s eating on his own.

jillnc1 likes this.
  23. jillnc1

jillnc1 Member

Thanks Elise!

one question, since he is surfing high right now, can I still feed him as what he is eating on his own is not quite enough. Also it is so hard to give .75 U I hope I didn't under shoot him. Oh well! did my best.

He turns 16 tomorrow!

24. tiffmaxee

Yes. Feed him. It’s important he eat enough. You don’t want to add fatty liver. Max made it to 19. I was hoping for 20. I hope Mac lives many more years. :bighug:

25. tiffmaxee

Practice with an old syringe and colored water. You could make a sample and load each syringe to match that. I used digital calipers but I don’t think I’d get them just yet He might not need insulin for long. Give him a birthday hug from me.

26. jillnc1

jillnc1 Member

27. jillnc1

jillnc1 Member