? 6/21 Fistuk AMPS 97, +3.5 108, +7.5 68 PMPS 90 :: DOSE & HOLIDAY?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Fistuk & Shelly, Jun 21, 2024 at 2:17 AM.

1. Fistuk & Shelly

Fistuk & Shelly Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/4-6-fistuk-amps-90-133-7-76-10-67.290784/#post-3184614

Happy Furiday :)

It's 10 day since I've come back from my holiday and straight into my busy life. I was an amazing time off and it tool me a while to relax around Fistuk.

Right after I left he started trending up. He was doing quite well on the 2U for 8 cycle and when I left he quite quickly jumped to higher greens and low blues. I kept the dose when I got back to see how it'll be when I'm here but the patter remained.

I decide this morning on an increase to 2.25U. @Bandit's Mom @Angela & Cleo @tiffmaxee - what do you think?

After I left Fistuk's breath hasn't been amazing. We gave him L-lysin until it started giving him soft ooo as it normally does.

The vet gave us homeopathy - Engystrol. We started it today and will see how that works.

Fistuk omitted a bit this morning. Just had a few small bites from his breakfast before the shot and then vomited some phlegm with food. But he was happy to continue eating- not by himself but with the syringe he couldn't have enough of it.

It gotten warmer here and he shifted from sleeping besides my on the bed to his bed in the living room which during the day I take out so he could sunbath. I appreciate the space in bed but I do miss him ;)

We're planning to go on a holiday at the beginning of July for a week to visit DH's mum in Italy. I'm finding it difficult to find someone to stay over here. Our cat sitter might be able to come and give insulin twice a day but she's unable to stay the night.

Fistuk can't go without food all night or at least a god plate of food at +3 and/or +4. I'm not quite sure how to go for a holiday if I can't find someone to be here (he does not eat from auto feeder ).

There's possibly a person who could stay here, I need to speak with her today. She'll come from abroad. She said she knows to inject but I doubt she knows how to test - what should I do in that case?

Wishing you all a happy Furiday :bighug:

Heike & BInie and Mikanmama like this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Glad you had a good vacation! We all need it from time to time to recharge!

So she can stay all day but not at night? Or she will come only twice a day to feed and shoot?
    If he won't eat from the autofeeder, the pet sitter can freeze cubes of food in an ice tray and leave out a couple of cubes before she leaves. He will not be able to eat the frozen food but once it thaws, it will be like a fresh meal.

Fistuk & Shelly likes this.
  3. Fistuk & Shelly

Thanks Bhooma :) I didn't know how much I needed it until I was away from here and was able to be free from insulin and supplements schedule ....

So .... I just had a call with the woman who wanted to come over here from abroad and it looks like - once again - the universe has my back! She knows how to inject and she's easy with learning to test.

The frozen food cubes are a brilliant idea. I think I'll start doing it now to get him used to eat by himself at night. I'll see how he's doing with it.

This can work as long as it doest get too hot because in the heat we have a lot of flies here....
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

Welcome back Shelly!
    Glad to hear that you have a good time in Spain!
    Good luck with the increase - sounds like Fistuk can use a little extra push. Hope he works the dose!
    Also I hope all works out with the holiday plan. Great idea to have a frozen cube - I should write this down for myself as well!
    Which part of Italy are you visiting? Hope it will be a fun trip for you!

Happy Friday and hope you have a lovely day! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Shelly, nice start this morning. :D
    I'm so glad the woman from abroad will be able to stay with Fistuk while you're in Italy ,I'm jealous :p
    Have a nice day Shelly :bighug::bighug::bighug::cat:

6. Fistuk & Shelly

Hi Kit :)
    Looks like Fistuk is already using the bit of extra umpf :joyful:
    I'd be curious to hear how the frozen cubes work for Mikan if you decide to try it.

Robert's mum lives in the Apennine mountains between Modena and Bologna. It's a beautiful place, very quite, the air is great and the food delicious :)
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Fistuk & Shelly

You're welcome to join us, Diane :joyful:
    I was very please after the conversation with the woman. She told me she once had a cat who had a blood clot and she spent a lot of money to save him and had to inject him with medication every day- that's all I need to hear to know she'll care for my precious baby :bighug:

Jack & Mopem'sMom likes this.
  8. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I wish I could join you lol
    The woman sounds like a gem, I'm sure she will take excellent care of Fistuk :bighug::bighug:

Jack & Mopem'sMom likes this.
  9. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Jack & Mopem'sMom Well-Known Member

Oh I'm so happy you have found someone to take such good care of Fistuk so you can have a holiday. It's so hard to find reliable people who feel the same way we do about our fur babies. He does look like he is doing well numbers wise- glad he is feeling well enough to want his own space, and that he has been sunbathing. Like Diane, I am jealous of your planned vacation- I googled the area you are going to ....looks magnificent and peace, quiet, and good food are all enticing! Have fun, kisses to Fistuk and Prince from me! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. cecile & bella

cecile & bella Well-Known Member

Hello Shelly! I am glad you had a good vacation, you needed it!
    It is great that you found someone to stay with Fistuk, one less thing to worry about. I might try the frozen food cube with Bella. Knowing her, she might find a way to eat it frozen, though.