6/20 Mac AMPS 458, +2 430 +4 417 ,+6 438 PMPS 376, +2 326, '+4 268, +5 266

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by jillnc1, Jun 20, 2024.

1. jillnc1

jillnc1 Member

Yesterday: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/6-19-mac-pmps-382-2-375-3-364-4-317-5-332.291300/

I believe my cat is food sensitive. He is normally a nibbler all day long of raw venison but since he hasn't been eating I started syringe feeding pureed raw venison before shot. See yesterday when he shot up to 520 after his first syringe feeding. Do you think I should hold off on feeding at +2-4 to get more of a feel how the insulin is working? Should I test at +1 to see if there was a spike?

AMPS possible food spike from eating small LC treat at +10 (my husband is a night owl and kitty is used to tuna churro before he goes to bed)

@tiffmaxee

Last edited: Jun 20, 2024
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It takes 5-7 days for the depot to build. Let’s try and figure out when he onsets. Feed at shot time and then get a +2. If dropping then it might be starting to kick in. If higher or around the same don’t feed and get a +3. If dropping give a snack. Feeding small amounts often of lc will not likely cause a spike. It’s important that he eat enough to prevent both ketones and fatty liver. Feeding after nadir can cause loss of duration but I would not worry about that right now as he needs those calories.
    A working pancreas will cause the BG to drop 2-3 hours after eating.

3. tiffmaxee

AMPS possible food spike from eating small LC treat at +10 (my husband is anight owl and kitty is used to tuna churrobefore he goes to bed)

Possibly but often you won’t see much response to the first shot. It also could be the duration of the insulin is less as the cycle is at the end. You don’t have a depot to extend it yet. It could be both of these.

4. jillnc1

jillnc1 Member

Thanks Elise! It has gradually gone down from Amps and +4 40 pts. I will do another at +5. I will feed him more. I agree with you he needs the calories right now. Thanks.

5. jillnc1

jillnc1 Member

It steadily started to drop at +2 - +5 going from 458 - 397 over 5 hours. Very similar to last night if that means anything.

6. tiffmaxee

It just means the depot needs to build. You dint need to test until pmps. He’s pretty flat as meter variance is 20%.

7. jillnc1

jillnc1 Member

Thank! i won't test again that much. I will leave him be for now. Gave him 100 CC of fluids to see if that makes him feel better. Thanks

8. tiffmaxee

Good to see his bg coming down. How’s he feeling?

9. jillnc1

jillnc1 Member

Thank you for checking in and asking!

I gave him 100ml fluids and that did make him feel better. Still not wanting to eat so I will start the appetite stimulant again tomorrow.

I think he's tired of my poking and syringe feeding which is a good sign. yesterday he just laid there and let me do it easily :)

Have a good night and thanks for your help!

tiffmaxee likes this.