6/20 Ivy Amps 377, +2.5 224, +4 92, +7.25 83, +9 106, Pmps 226, +3.25 182, +5 91, +5.5 55 Libre

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Staci & Ivy, Jun 20, 2024.

1. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

6/19/24
    Amps 377 Libre
    Wow, what a jump up this morning :mad:after a very active night and Yesterday’s AM cycle :cool::D. She had to bounce.

Two active back to back active cycles yesterday, I wonder how long it will take her to come down.

Fed 1/2 tsp snacks frequently for a few hours then later, hourly through the night since if I stopped, she kept dropping quickly. Fed 9.25% (and even 12.5% a few times around nadir). :coffee::coffee:
    Long night.

Today is day 2 of the generator install and they tell us we will definitely be without power for a few hours today. Hoping the heat doesn’t get too crazy without the AC on:arghh:

Hope everyone has a safe day:cat:

2. Heather82372

Heather82372 Well-Known Member

That's what Shooter had too. Two active back to back cycles. He went pretty high but thankfully didn't hit red. Looks like Ivy is doing exactly the same thing.

Staci & Ivy and jillnc1 like this.
  3. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

Good morning Staci,
    Ivy is having a well-deserved bounce from the fabulous cycles yesterday ;)
    I'm sure she will come down pretty quickly.
    Hope the work will go quickly so you can get your AC back! It's unfortunate timing that the heat wave had to be there just when you had the work planned for the house!
    But once done, you'll be set for any contingency for the E power? That will be nice ;)
    Wishing you a happy Thursday, Staci :bighug::bighug::bighug: and :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  4. Staci & Ivy

Funny they are having similar cycles, Heather! Safe surfing to Shooter.
    Happy Thursday, Kit and Mikan. Well it was a very short lived bounce and she’s on the move again this morning. I feel like I am constantly feeding 11% food to keep her from tanking, and frequently, like every 30 minutes, sometimes. It’s a lot.
    Last night I even broke out the 12.5%, which I rarely ever use to get her to coast…she was just dropping quickly over and over again and it was 12-2 am. It was NOT a fun night.
    And we were all in my bedroom overnight and I kept getting out of bed to feed her, alarms going off (although buried in towels to muffle the Libre alarms). Would you believe DH never woke up once:confused:. And when I questioned him this morning, he never heard a thing (guess I am very quiet, even stumbling around in the dark).
    I’d love her to coast in high greens or low blues today (and not a repeat of last night for tonight). You should see how puffy my eyes are from being so tired (well, it’s good you all can’t see me!) :blackeye:

Hope you have a calm day with dark green and blue! Enjoy the day, Kit:bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. JL & Cooper

JL & Cooper Member

Nice turnaround Ivy!! :D
    Hope you’re staying cool Staci!

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  6. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Hi Staci, bouncing is annoying but it's good to see she has pink bounces and not higher! And she did again very well today! :cool::cool::D:cool::D:D:cool:
    I keep my fingers crossed the power comes back quickly and you can stay cool in that heat. There is always something going on in your home! :) And so good your DH has such a solid sleep. Hard to imagine he doesn't hear the alarm! :eek: Hope tonight you can rest as well and Ivy surfes safely! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  7. Staci & Ivy

Thanks, Jenny. She did a nice recovery today. We are all good now. AC working well. Same to you and Cooper :D:bighug::D

8. Staci & Ivy

Hi Heike, I know. There always seems to be a project (that’s my DH for you).
    I’m glad the generator is now installed and it’s over. It was 2 hours or so without power.
    I was able to use my phone as a hotspot so the Libre data could be sent to my phone via the server, however my phone had to sit close to her and her phone. So I couldn’t go to another part of the house and work or anything since she was in my bedroom, away from all the noise.
    Now we know:)
    And yes, it much be wonderful to be able to sleep through the alarms and feedings with no worries :mad:
    I hope you and Binie had a good day, too. Sleep well tonight :bighug::bighug:

9. Deb and Tiger

Deb and Tiger Well-Known Member

That’s so great you got a generator. We’ve thought about it several times but haven’t gotten one yet. How many thing can you run on it? That will help with monitoring Ivy when electricity goes out!

I hope Ivy gives you a nice night tonight and you get some sleep!

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  10. JLS12

JLS12 Member

What a crazy time with Ivy! :eek: Last night was certainly a challenge!

I hope Ivy settles nicely tonight and you get some sleep. Perhaps now that the work is done, Ivy will sense that and smooth out. :bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  11. Staci & Ivy

Hi Deb, we kicked this idea around for many years and one storm this winter just pushed us to do it. We figured these storms
    are getting worse and more frequent and our hope is to stay in our house for a very long time so it seems like a good investment for the long-term. Plus it will help with monitoring Ivy and her care. (It was an extra incentive for me to keep her safe). I’m glad we were able to do it. It feels like a big relief. It’s a whole house generator, so it was a pretty big deal. :bighug::bighug:

12. Staci & Ivy

She must have listened, while I still had to get up and come down to give her a snack when she hit a lower number and got an alert, it wasn’t too bad and she steadied so I could get a little sleep (on the sofa) lol :rolleyes:

JLS12 likes this.