6/20, Binie, AMPS 414, +3 285, +6 93 (libre)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Heike & BInie, Jun 20, 2024.

1. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Last post: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-many-reductions-in-such-a-short-time.291287/

Good evening,

I had a good nights sleep yesterday. :) Binies bg was going down nicely but no alarm. Today her bg was more active and we saw a green at +6. I feeded a little high carb to not let her drop soooo fast.

In the evening she was vomiting clear fluid before shot time and I was a little concerned but it seems she has problems with an empty stomach. Unfortunately she is bouncing hard tonight and we started with "HI" before the pm shot. :( We are almost at +2 and she is still there.

I tested her for ketones again, directly after the am shot, and she had 0,3 mmol/dl. Definitely something I have to keep monitoring.

Tomorrow morning we go to the vet. I was so confident her wound healed well but today there was a lot of licking. We will see, what she says about it.

Hope everyone is having a nice evening and good nights sleep! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  2. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Hi Heike, I hope Binie comes down from her high bounce soon and gently. But I’m sure it was from the +6 drop that caused it.

Good look at the vet tomorrow. I hope you get some more answers and the wound is continuing to heal well. That must’ve been very scary when she was vomiting before it was shot time. That always makes me so nervous. I wonder if she needs a very small snack before the two hour window before shot time. Does she get anything to eat late in the day like a teaspoon or something, so her stomach isn’t empty ?

I hope you both sleep well tonight and Bonnie gently breaks her bounce. Sleep well and keep us posted tomorrow. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Heike & BInie likes this.
  3. Deb and Tiger

Deb and Tiger Well-Known Member

So good you had a nice sleep last night!
    Tummy problems are so concerning. Tiger has trouble when his tummy gets empty and does that clear vomit too. I always try to get something in him just before the 2 hour window. I don’t let him go over 4 hours without a bit of food, in fact.
    Good luck at the vet. I hope the wound shows lots of healing!
    Hope you have a good night tonight!

Heike & BInie and Staci & Ivy like this.
  4. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Thank you so much Staci! :bighug::bighug::bighug: This boucing is really so annoying. I was a bit worried yesterday because she bounced so high after being not that low so I thought this may be a sign of something else going on. But maybe not everything is 100 % logical and can be explained. It helped me to read that you think it is a bounce!

Yes, I always give her a little snack before I take away all the food two hours before shooting. But just very little, because I want her to be hungry before injecting and because I don't want to raise her bg so much. But maybe I have to experiment with giving her a little more. Maybe she also vomited because she was drinking a lot of water very fast. If her bg is high, she immediately increases her water intake. I will keep an eye on that!

Thank you for keeping your fingers crossed for the vet! I will write an update but to make it short - everything went well! I hope everything in your home is back to normal and the power is back! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  5. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Thank you so much Deb! :bighug::bighug::bighug: Oh.. Tiger seems to have a sensitive stomach too! You are taking so good care of him! I will try to find out what helps her with her tummy and to feed just enough she does not get a problem. As she is quite a chunky girl and needs to loose weight that is all very complicated. Thank you for wishing us well for the vet visit! I will give an update in the new thread but everything went well. Hope you can relax today and Tiger is doing well! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  6. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Ivy does this too. As soon as she’s high 300s or 400 she’s drinking a lot as well. Seems common.

Good idea on not giving too much food to have Binie be hungry at shot time. I try to do that same as you do.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Heike & BInie likes this.