6/20 AMPS 350 +8 284 PMPS 212 +3 332 +6 374 - Confused

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Snits, Jun 21, 2024 at 1:02 AM.

1. Snits

Snits Member

Hi, Here are today's numbers. Got significantly more in the pm than AM. I'm a bit concerned about her PM as it looks like she never got any insulin. Is this normal? She was prescribed 1 unit initially but i brought it down to .75 as she dropped to 82 very early on. I did 1/2 this evening as 212 is low for her, but not low enough to skip. Maybe it was a furshot or maybe it was just air in the syringe (I worry about this frequently). Should I raise her or keep holding at .75? Thank you all so much!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2024 at 1:26 AM
  2. Snits

Snits Member

After further thought, I think it was a furshot. I remember kind of,"feeling" the needle as i was "shooting" her with my other hand that was holding her steady. Something about that doesn't feel right. This, and I don't think I've been administering correctly! I've never tented the the skin. I feel kind of dumb!! When I was being shown the tech kind of just brushed some hair aside until she saw skin and shot. I think tomorrow I'm going to shave an area so this doesn't happen again. There also could have been air bubbles in there. At the time I was getting a lot of pressure to fix my mother's meal (caretaker) and felt rushed. I now have two old ladies to see to! I feel very guilty for not being careful and having too much going on at the time. Thankfully despite the high BG level she is seemingly content.

UPDATE:

at +9 she went down to a 265. I'm very relieved that she's going down, not up. She must have gotten SOME insulin from my crappy shot. Stayed up with her all night, was terrified she was going to hit in the 400s. If anything this has made me better at lancing though.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2024 at 3:47 AM
  3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

You're previous post for continuity
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/how-much-food-is-enough.291178/
    When posting on the lantus forum we like you to link your previous days post to your new post.
    So when you post today (6-21) you will link your post from (6-20) to today's :cat:
    Just copy and paste it , your previous days post will be all the way up top in the URL

Can you please SLGS to your signature
    @Snits

4. Snits

Snits Member

Thanks so much!! Today looks promising so can't wait to update with a new thread.