GA 6/18 Malcolm passed away

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Malcolm & Heidi, Jun 18, 2024.

1. Malcolm & Heidi

Malcolm & Heidi Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/6-17-malcolm-pmps-211-need-dose-advice.291236/?#post-3187418

Nor sure if this where I post this. But Malcolm was put to sleep today. It was just so sudden. He ate all of his breakfast, he had a normal poop, which it had been a while on his own without miralax or lactouse. And his AMPS was in the 200s. He did seem off but he's been like that since his second solensia dose. The vets believed his brain was swelling from the tumor from the acromelagy. So I had to make the hardest decision and let him go. He was finally getting good bg numbers too. :(

Last edited: Jun 18, 2024
    La-La Leo (GA) likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

((((Heidi)))) I am so sorry you had to let Malcolm go. :bighug::bighug::bighug: You were doing such a good job with him and he was such a complicated cat. I'm sure he knew how much he was loved.

This is the hardest decision of all to make. Know that you did all the right things. Take care of yourself now - this is a hard time.
    Fly free sweet Malcolm. cat_wings>o

3. Malcolm & Heidi

Malcolm & Heidi Member

Thank you. I really felt like we were finally making progrsss. :(

4. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

You did the best you could and freed him from pain and suffering.
    Take care of yourself! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Nancyco*

Nancyco* Member

My heart breaks for you . I am so sorry for the loss of your baby . So heartbreaking cat_wings>o

Malcolm & Heidi likes this.
  6. Bella & Puddin

Bella & Puddin Member

You did an amazing job taking care of Malcolm! I'm sorry for the loss of that beautiful and sweet boy. He was certainly fully loved and cared for. You will be in my thoughts today and I will be praying for you.

7. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Oh Heidi, I’m so very sorry to read this post. Malcolm was such a sweet boy and you did such a wonderful job taking care of him. I know he knew how much you loved him. What a kind and generous thing you did for him if he was suffering.
    Wishing you healing and in time, peace. It’s so difficult to go through this.
    Sending you prayers, strength and gentle hugs. My heart aches for you :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.
    Sending you :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Carole & Indigo

Carole & Indigo Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss :bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. Fly free sweet Malcolm. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Madeline528

Madeline528 Member

Heidi,

I am so very sorry for your loss of Malcom. Sending prayers and thinking of you:bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

I am so sorry for your loss! I am grateful he was loved and taken care of so well. cat_wings>o I am sure that was a big shock for you and I hope, you take good care of yourself!

13. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

Heidi I am sooo very sorry for your loss. You are an amazing care giver and Im sure that Malcolm knew and felt how much you love him. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Karolina KJ & Nestle

Karolina KJ & Nestle Well-Known Member

My heart breaks for you. I'm sorry.
    And although the most compassionate thing we can do for them, it hurts the most.
    May Malcolm fly high and land softly on the other side cat_wings>o:rb_icon::cat:

15. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

So so sad for you ! :bighug: Always think that one day you will be together again !
    Fly free sweet little Malcolm cat_wings>o:rb_icon: :cat:

16. JLS12

JLS12 Member

I'm sorry to see the sad news about Malcolm. It's never easy letting them go. :bighug:

17. Malcolm & Heidi

Malcolm & Heidi Member

Thank you everyone for your kind words. They really mean a lot to me. I'm having a hard time since he was finally getting low numbers, only to have his acromegly get worse. :(

18. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Heidi I'm so very sorry you had to let your precious boy Malcolm go.
    You were an amazing mom and I'm certain Malcolm knew how much you loved. Fly high sweet boy ,I know you must be chasing butterflies with all the other kitties that have passed.
    Please take care of yourself Heidi :bighug::bighug: :bighug::bighug:

19. Šeča

Šeča Member

20. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Fly free little on and land softly.

21. Jason - Kona's Dad

Jason - Kona's Dad Well-Known Member

So, so sorry :( to hear about Malcolm. :bighug::bighug::bighug: You were such a great mom to him, Heidi!

Fly free, Malcolm, fly free! cat_wings>o:rb_icon:

22. La-La Leo (GA)

La-La Leo (GA) Well-Known Member

The pain is real. I'm sorry for your loss. Looking at my Leo's last few weeks makes me cry huge! I couldn't even make a GA post until today. I always cried when I read these kind of posts because I knew one day it would be our experience. Then it happened, 3/28/24.

Now I'm crying for your loss. I probably shouldn't reply until I have something positive to say. Hugs to you.
    XOXO

23. Malcolm & Heidi

Malcolm & Heidi Member

I'm sorry for your loss as well. It's so hard. :(