6/17 Ivy Amps 189, +3 126, +5 83, + 8 87, +10 53, Pmps 60, +2 175, +4.5 76, +5 Lo &43 Libre

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Staci & Ivy, Jun 17, 2024.

1. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

6/16/24
    Amps 189 Libre

Gave a dose increase this morning to 4.75 units. Always concerned about how it will rock our quality of life (mostly the no sleeping factor all night long and poking her constantly, which is a problem) :nailbiting:

Hoping to bring the overall curve down a bit.

Yesterday was unremarkable, just would like numbers a bit better. Ivy did cooperate yesterday while we had company and she stayed steady and slept through it all, comfy in her bed.

Hoping all goes well with this dose. Paws and all limbs crossed for her safety and my strength and sanity:eek:

Have a good week and safe surfing :cat:

2. Heather82372

Heather82372 Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dose increase!

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  3. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

Good morning Staci.
    Good luck with the increase. It's always the double-edged stuff.
    We of course want the very best and healthiest for our babies - but this could come with the hefty price of nonsleep :rolleyes:
    Hope our girls will soon learn how to stay steady with good numbers!
    Wishing you and Ivy a wonderful Monday. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  4. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dose increase. I know it can be anxiety inducing to not know where it's going to take her. I hope you're able to pre-emptively take some naps just in case. :bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  5. Staci & Ivy

Thanks, Heather!

6. Staci & Ivy

Thanks, Kit! Very nervous how this will work out. Trying to do the best I an for her, but also need to be able to function. Will give it a try and see:facepalm:
    Hope you also have a CALM day for you and Mikan :bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Staci & Ivy

Thanks, Alicia, you know exactly what I am talking about... (no naps will be had tho):bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Staci & Ivy

UPDATE: Well, I had very good intentions when I gave a dose increase this morning.

Just found out I will be without electric for several hours Wednesday and or Thursday (a generator is being installed). I am uncomfortable with a building larger depot in 2 -3 days and my inability to have the Libre giving me any data for several hours at a time. (would have been nice to have known this one day earlier).

I will take her back to 4.5 units tonight and once we are fully operational again I will resume my intentions to raise the dose. So not happy right now :arghh:
    And, of course she's having a gorgeous cycle at the moment :arghh:

Heike & BInie likes this.
  9. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Hi Staci, oh my... Maybe you can use a powerbank to charge the phone which is connected to the libre? Or you ask the neighbors to charge? But maybe it is also good not to hurry things so much when the circumstances are difficult. I keep my fingers crossed, that everything goes well with the installation of the generator and you can do the increase feeling safe. Good luck for the two of you! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  10. Staci & Ivy

Hi Heike, great ideas. But the electricity in my house will be unavailable and the Libre runs on the WiFi. So that’s the problem. No electric, no wifi.
    I think being safe is most important for Ivy. (Just annoyed I didn’t have the information earlier!)
    Thanks for your ideas. Appreciate your help. Hugs to you and Binie :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Heike & BInie likes this.
  11. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Ah! Because I use the reader, I forgot the WIFI-issue.... In my place the WIFI fails from time to time (Germany is horrible in these things) and I always use my phone as a wifi-router then. It works quite well. Maybe you have that option too for the next time. Thank you so much for the hugs, they are very much appreciated tonight! And I will hug Binie from you too.... Take care and have a safe night! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  12. Staci & Ivy

Lo on Libre at +5 alarm woke me up out of bed, by the time I got to Ivy she had bumped up to 43 on her Libre. Fed teaspoon of 11% try to get her to coast. Looks like the one dose 4.75 unit is working it’s effect. Looks like I’ll be spending the night on the sofa to make sure she’s safe and coasting along ;)