6/16 Tessa AMPS 302 +2 265 +3 259 +4 232 +6 196 +8 178 +10.5 180 PMPS 190 +1 183 +2 168 +3 161

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by tessa's mom, Jun 16, 2024.

1. tessa's mom

tessa's mom Member

Previous: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...2-2-299-3-306-confused-and-frustrated.291173/

Likely going to increase to 2.5u tonight but we'll see how today goes. Trying a new feeding schedule to hopefully reduce fast drops - feeding at shot time, +1, +2, +3, and +4.

Tessa seems to be in a good mood and feeling pretty good. She's been more active lately. She discovered a new hang out spot in our spare bedroom. There's an old desk in there that has a broken leg but it's plenty sturdy if we keep it against the wall. Our other cat discovered it right away and started sleeping there so we put a fluffy bath mat (they're both obsessed with bath mats lol) on top of it. It took Tessa awhile to notice it but now she is getting up there every day to lay on the bath mat and soak up some sun.

[​IMG]

I was a bit surprised that she could get up there because she always acts like she can't jump that high but apparently she can. Maybe she just can't jump up on things with smaller surfaces to land on.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2024
  2. tessa's mom

tessa's mom Member

Finally got some blues! So maybe she was bouncing. So far today looks very similar to the AM cycle of 6/10. If it follows the same pattern then she'll probably be heading up soon.

Should we increase to 2.5 tonight? It's a little past +8 right now so we have some time to think about it but I wanted to post early to give time for anyone to respond.

3. tessa's mom

tessa's mom Member

Hmm, maybe I should keep her at this dose for another day and see what happens?

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The goal is greens, this dose isn't getting you there.

tessa's mom likes this.
  5. tessa's mom

tessa's mom Member

:banghead: Darn it, I *just* gave her the PM dose and stuck with 2.25 because I wasn't sure. I'll increase in the morning.

I need to stop second guessing myself. I was leaning towards increasing early in the day but then thought maybe since she was getting down into the blues that we might see greens tonight so I held the dose. This diabetes stuff makes me feel so stupid.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

With low blue nadirs, you can increase after 6-10 cycles, so the wait is OK. :bighug:

tessa's mom likes this.
  7. tessa's mom

tessa's mom Member

Thank you for helping me and making me feel less like an idiot :)

I'm surprised to see that her numbers are still slowly going down. I guess she really did clear a bounce today. I wish I could stay up and keep getting numbers until I see a rise because I'm really curious as to where she'll stop. I might have my husband get up at +5 or +6 and check on her but I also think she's had enough ear pokes today lol. It does seem like the hourly meals for the first 4 hours is helping though.