6/16 Kuro AMPS 380 +6 106 +9 154 PMPS1 178 PMPS2 177 +3.5 232(AT3)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kuro, Jun 16, 2024.

1. Kuro

Kuro Member

Pretty (what now counts for) typical morning for Kuro the Cat. High AMPS, 0.25U with breakfast, healthy +6. Normal LB activity. Low energy all morning.

Our biggest concern continues to be her hindlimb neuropathy. Walking down the stairs she's doing a lot of awkward bunny hopping and she struggles sometimes when scratching itches. She can still usually jump up on the couch and bed, but she's stopped even trying for tables counters and desks. I know we need to be patient and we're only about a week into any treatment, but it's hard to watch. The good news on that front though is that we gave her her first Zobaline dose with her mid-day snack (crushed 1 pill in 1/2 can fancy feast) and she ate it right up.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I haven't heard problems of cats not eating Zobaline. I hope it helps soon.

Kuro likes this.
  3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

My Sheba had neuropathy quite badly and would slip and slide on the wooden floors, had to sit down every few steps, couldn’t jump up on chairs or beds and had trouble walking up stairs. It took about 6 months for it to resolve with the help of zobaline and getting those BGs back into normal numbers. It is hard to watch but you are on the right track… Maybe I should send you some patience pants (I needed many pairs):joyful:

upload_2024-6-17_11-13-28.jpeg

Kuro likes this.
  4. Kuro

Kuro Member

Another day another low PMPS. We're holding for now but would love some guidance on a shoot/no-shoot threshold for her follow-up test. Reminder we're SLGS and our readings are AT3.
    AM+6 106
    AM+9 154
    PMPS#1 178

Neither had we but this girl was turning her nose up at fortiflora, which we're told most all cats love!

Thanks, this is really encouraging. No one's given us an estimate of how long it will take and it's helpful to know we should be thinking in months and not weeks.

5. Wendy&Neko

How long neuropathy takes to resolve is a combination of the Zobaline and getting regulated.

With plenty of data (which you don't have yet), people following SLGS can shoot as low as 90 - regardless of meter type. Obviously you work your way down to there. You've shot 223, 10% less would be around 200.

For now, you could probably shoot above 200 if you can get another test in tonight. Below 200, besides skipping, an option is a reduced dose, or to feed and wait a couple hours to see if the numbers are where you'd like to shoot. The problem with the last option is that it changes your preshot time.

Kuro likes this.
  6. Kuro

Kuro Member

Thanks, @Wendy&Neko. We stalled for about 40 minutes and... went down by 1 mg/dL (PMPS#2 = 177). We're feeding her now and probably calling this a skip. We can't really reduce lower than 0.25U. Delaying makes me nervous because (1) we'd be asleep and unable to catch an overnight hypo if it hits later than about +3 and (2) I don't really have the flexibility to do her AM shot more than an hour late. Although with where the natural low in her cycle seems to hit I wonder if we'd do better on something like a 10/14 cycle rather than continuing to try for 12/12.

7. Wendy&Neko

We do have a dose we call 0.1 units. For comparison:
    49822973598_f0540f7a37_w-1.jpg 49822973683_0559ae843a_o-1.jpg

12/12 dosing cycles work best. On the few days where you get both shots in, her lows (nadirs) are where we'd expect.

Kuro likes this.
  8. Kuro

Kuro Member

Okay got it. We're skipping tonight but next time we get something in this 150-200 range I'll try a 0.1.