? 6/15 Tiger Amps 389, +4 71, +9 107

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Deb and Tiger, Jun 15, 2024 at 2:25 PM.

1. Deb and Tiger

Deb and Tiger Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/6-13-tiger-amps-393-3-5-186.291097/

Busy day so far. He’s been playing with a reduction lately and finally earned one today.
    I think he ate too much kibble last night and got his teeth hurting so his appetite hadn’t been great today, making it harder to control the drops. Already used syrup twice to bring him up. Hopefully he’ll coast a bit now.

Have a great Saturday!

Heike & BInie likes this.
  2. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Congratulations Tiger earned a reduction! :bighug::bighug::bighug: I can imagine it was super stressful with him not eating well. But you kept him safe and so good to see, he was still in the :cool::cool::cool: after that. Well done! Hope you have a relaxed night!

Deb and Tiger likes this.
  3. Deb and Tiger

I don’t know what’s going on but he started dropping again at +9. I did get him to eat some pate earlier but it’s LC and didn’t help bring it up. He backs off from his other food. It must be his teeth.

libre showed 107 and drooping fast and went out. We gave him some more syrup, not knowing where he would fall too….

Anyone know of a Mc or HC that he doesn’t have to chew but can lick?

I checked list but hard to tell consistency….

Im also afraid to shoot tonight if he won’t eat,, should I do a half dose or skip? @Wendy&Neko

Last edited: Jun 15, 2024 at 5:43 PM
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Too early to say what will happen before PMPS. He could be doing a Lantus double dip where they do a small curve down at the end of the cycle, but not as low as the main nadir. Let's see what his +11 looks like before deciding too early.

Add a drop of honey/karo/syrup to some Churu? Or his regular pate blended with some water. I wouldn't normally give higher carbs later in the cycle and over 100.

5. Deb and Tiger

Ok thx Wendy!
    As for the food, I was looking for day to day with the teeth. Not for right then..

6. Deb and Tiger

I guess the syrup killed the insulin, +11 was 312.

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yup, looks like it.

8. Jason - Kona's Dad

Jason - Kona's Dad Well-Known Member

Good luck on the reduction, Deb. :bighug::bighug::bighug: