? 6/15 Malcolm +5 115 +6 113 PMPS 502

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Malcolm & Heidi, Jun 15, 2024.

1. Malcolm & Heidi

Malcolm & Heidi Member

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/6-13-malcolm-7-138-9-405.291102/?#post-3186664

Malcolm was acting off all day today, and it was like the few days after he had his 2nd solensia shot, lethargic, standing in one spot seemingly unable to move, staring into space,(pretty sure he's fully blind now), getting stuck behind the couch, weakness in legs, unable to go to the bathroom on his own (I manually expressed him). So I tested him a bunch of times today and he got some low blue numbers. But his PMPS was 502! I'm wondering if his dose is too high and if I should lower it back to 10 now or stay with 10.5 for another few days.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

We don't decrease because of bounces. He's not "yet" used to low blue numbers. With SLGS, those are ideal numbers for his nadirs. If you look back two days ago on the 13th, it was a very similar cycle. Low blues then huge bounce, but look how fast he got over it and back to low blues. That's progress. :) However, for a cat not used to normal BG numbers, it can feel very odd. I liken higher blood sugar numbers to a lot of coffee, you get used to it. Reduce the caffeine and you feel awful, until you get used to less. Neko's first normal BG numbers she hid under the bed.

Malcolm & Heidi likes this.
  3. Jason - Kona's Dad

Jason - Kona's Dad Well-Known Member

Keep up the good work, Heidi! Slow and steady.... :bighug:

Staci & Ivy and Malcolm & Heidi like this.
  4. Malcolm & Heidi

Malcolm & Heidi Member

Ok. Thanks. I just got worried to see such a high number after having lows. Is there a post somewhere on bounces? I'd like to read more about them.
    Also, I tested him at PM +3 and it was 346

5. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

You’re doing great Heidi. Malcom is so sweet. Wishing you both continued success and blue BG’s:cool::cool:
    :bighug::cat::bighug:

6. Wendy&Neko

The definition is in the New to the Group Sticky note. It's a very common phenomenon. Almost all cats do it, some take longer than others to get used to lower numbers but eventually how high they bounce and how long until they get over it (clear the bounce) go down. Neko started out registering over 500 and even over 600 (Hi on her meter) when she saw those lower blues and greens. But eventually she got fairly regulated. You just have to be patient and wait it out.

7. Wendy&Neko