6/15 Ivy Amps 236, +1.5 176, +2.5 58, +3 42, +5 42, +8 69, +10 234, Pmps 367, +3 326 Libre

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Staci & Ivy, Jun 15, 2024 at 6:07 AM.

1. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

6/14/24
    Amps 236 Libre
    Good morning,

Pretty flat blue Libre cycle overnight. Will most likely increase tomorrow morning. The threat looms large.
    Didn’t want to give it yet, since we are going out to dinner tonight and I want to be home to monitor closely.
    Tomorrow will be a busy day here. Having lots of company for Father’s Day so I’m hoping she doesn’t decide to throw a mojito party in the first cycle of an increase :nailbiting:

That would be an insane situation for me if I’m dealing with that while having around 15 people at my house for lunch.
    (Can you tell I’m less than thrilled with it all?
    ;))
    This morning I will install a new Libre and have it “marinate” until tomorrow morning when I will activate it. Paws crossed she’s a good girl and all goes as planned :facepalm:
    Have a nice Caturday, safe surf everyone :cat:

2. Staci & Ivy

Very active am cycle. Guess she heard the threat of an increase ;)
    At +2.5 58 on Libre
    Fed tsp 11% at +2 to attempt to slow her down. :facepalm:
    Probably not taking my Saturday walk today with this cycle :rolleyes:

3. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

Good wow wow morning, Staci!
    Ivy heard the rumor of the looming threat and decided to how you her mighty power :p
    What a busy girl, this morning!
    Hope she steadies herself and gives you time for a walk!
    Good luck with hosting 15 people tomorrow! That's a lot of prep. Hope Ivy cooperates!
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Staci & Ivy

I’m a bit shocked how aggressively she’s trying to avoid an increase. WOW do they listen.

Kind of dreading tomorrow due to juggling all the balls. But just need to muster the strength to get through it. Just hope the 15 lb terror cooperates :rolleyes:
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

I will be thinking of you, Staci!
    We'll have a mellow Father's Day tomorrow, but I, too, will be cooking for the family.
    Then I thought, wait a minute! Isn't every day Father's Day? :rolleyes: huh! :p

6. Staci & Ivy

I think it is, I think you’re right, Kit. I’m definitely coming back as a man.
    I hope tomorrow isn’t too much for you either :bighug:

7. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

Woah, someone is a busy today! I hope she slows down and just coasts along.

Also - this
    Yup. :rolleyes:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  8. Staci & Ivy

Thanks, Alicia, and double yup :rolleyes:

Alicia & Kit cat likes this.
  9. Karolina KJ & Nestle

Karolina KJ & Nestle Well-Known Member

Good meowning Staci and Ivy!
    What a busy bee she is! The threat definitely got her working the juice today.
    I hope you enjoy your dinner tonight and all goes well tomorrow for Father's Day lunch.

Happy Caturday :cat:

upload_2024-6-15_12-19-5.png

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  10. Staci & Ivy

Thank you, Karolina.
    She has been a busy bee today. And I gave her a new Libre, so she’s super pissed at me. Lol.
    :rolleyes:
    Then, the old Libre failed 2 days early. So lucky thing I had already placed the new one. Whew.
    It’s been a bit of a day so far.

I hope all is calm and you got home safe and sound!! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Karolina KJ & Nestle likes this.
  11. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Wow, what a day Staci! So cool you manage to put on the libre yourself. I hope I can do that too one day! And such an active curve today! I looked in her ss and before you increased from 4 to 4.5 she did the same. :) Hope everything goes well tomorrow and she takes her time while you have all the guests around. Hope you have a nice evening going out and a relaxed night before the busy day tomorrow! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  12. Karolina KJ & Nestle

Oh Ivy, mama is just helping you to feel better and to look after you silly girl.
    I hope she calms down a bit tonight and you have a chance to enjoy your dinner out.
    I just got home to the boys. We're all very happy.

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  13. Deb and Tiger

Deb and Tiger Well-Known Member

What a day Staci! I hope it calms down for you and you don’t end up with the perfect storm tomorrow. Tiger is following Ivys lead today! We had plans to watch the ball game and then run errands but doesn’t look like we’ll be doing that as we’ve already broken out the syrup today. They just know! Furry little mind readers!
    Good luck tonight and tomorrow. Sending hugs…

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  14. Staci & Ivy

Once you install a few of them you gain confidence, Heike. I hope you will try it one day. I knew I didn’t want to have to take Ivy to the vet all the time for that (and she’s so awful going to the vet, so it would be impossible). I had to learn how. Plus it was expensive to have them do it ;)
    (And my wonderful son was my confidence booster- support group telling me I could do it.)

Thanks for your sweet wishes. I hope tonight is a calm one. It appears she will be bouncing higher.
    I hope you and Binie have had a good day together and have a nice, calm evening as well :bighug::cat::bighug:

Heike & BInie likes this.
  15. Staci & Ivy

I told her your message. She just hissed at me. Lol. :rolleyes:
    Very glad you’re home safely. Enjoy the calm with your sweet boys :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Karolina KJ & Nestle likes this.
  16. Staci & Ivy

Oh Deb. Sorry you are also having a day there. Tell Tiger not to follow Ivy.
    I was thinking of you earlier as her Libre failed out of the clear blue. I looked at my phone like…. really??? it wasn’t even like she was super low, but she was lingering in “lower numbers” so maybe that’s what did it in. I got 12 days out of the sensor, so I guess that’s not too bad.
    I was going to end it tomorrow anyway, a day early, which is what I usually do if I get a full run out of them.
    I hope you have a calmer evening ahead @Deb and Tiger
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Heike & BInie likes this.
  17. Karolina KJ & Nestle

Oh my! :woot::nailbiting:
    She's really in a mood today isn't she???

Hopefully she forgives us soon :p

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  18. Staci & Ivy

Do we still think she needs an increase (I wonder when she has these nice lower cycles like today)? @Marje and Gracie

19. Alicia & Kit cat

Kit got angry (and maybe a little scared) and hissed in my general direction earlier. I deigned to use my new vacuum sealer so I could sous vide some steaks for dinner, and she DID NOT LIKE THE SOUND. Maybe I'll make it up to her by sous vide-ing some chicken. Then it's perfectly cooked and I can just dole it out.

I hope she forgives you soon and wants to just give some loves (however that looks for her). ❤️❤️

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  20. Staci & Ivy

Kit…. Pissed off? That doesn’t sound like her. They are very persnickety aren’t they? With all we do for them and all.
    The chicken sounds like a good peace offering :smuggrin:

Ivy even forgave me at dinner long enough to remove her failed Libre sensor tonight. (It’s a bit of a procedure)

I even had Dad on standby in case he may have had to assist with her shot. But luckily all went ok;)
    Ya just never know with these kits :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Alicia & Kit cat likes this.
  21. Alicia & Kit cat

:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:

I'm glad Libre removal and shot went well! You just never know what mood they're gonna be in. :bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.