6/14 Pudge AMPS 272 +6 157 PMPS 329 +6 266

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by kitten68, Jun 14, 2024.

1. kitten68

kitten68 Member

well. interesting.
    just took a test and.. around 6 hours.. has reached a nadir near 150.. (although low points have seemed to vary across the hours.. idk.) Day 7 too.....

thinking to not change anything now. for a few days more.
    he doesn't seem to feel too good tho today.. maybe can give some insight on that if has to do w the numbers.. (?) eating ok tho and potty is ok. actually seems to be going less.... the amount is less im seeing lately. :woot:

his Milk Thistle and fish oil arrived!! if anyone can maybe give some advice on whether it's ok to be on these supplementation at the same time, plz lmk.. was thinking of contacting the veterinary schools.. see if can find some info there (vet wouldn't know..... they'd poo poo it for sure, especially since wanted to do an expensive scan smh..)

we've been slogging through now 2 months.. as started with the short acting. I know for some that wasn't long, but over here feels quite long. and also like it just happened too. like no time went by.. sigh. or, where did it go.

as well, if a kitty has vomiting or an episode of vomiting.. what to do in this instance? need to worry or monitor, or just make sure to get some food in them if you can within an hour or two? how does this work?

thanks for listening :)

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Pudge needs an increase to 1.75 units. With SLGS you increase every 7 days if the nadirs (note the plural) are in the 90-157 range. They are not and it has been a week. Time for that increase. SLGS is our more conservative dosing method.

Cats vomit for many reasons. For some it's a scarf and barf, or a hairball, or too long without food (sensitive tummy) are some examples. Repeated vomiting migth be a concern, but not a one off, unless a foreign object in it.

kitten68 likes this.
  3. kitten68

kitten68 Member

ok will try.. :bookworm: thinking so too maybe.. could come down more. and tho couldn't swing today cause didn't think i'd be home (why i continued) he is actually staying a bit in blue today! or more than a bit! higher blue.. but blue :) thoughts?

discussed things w vet and was said to hold the dose for another week.. but oh well. its up me ultimately. :joyful::confused:

but think it could come down more.. :) SLGS is no less than 90.. and TR is no less than 60-50? this right? also, thought it was increase higher than 150, coast if 149-90, reduce if 90??? plz lmk. :cat:

also, was referring to vomiting in the instance of a kitty also on insulin.. the effect and approach to dealing with this. if its a problem.. :/

Last edited: Jun 15, 2024 at 5:08 PM
  4. kitten68

kitten68 Member

i seeee.. ok will try :cat: (still considering TR soon.. tho SLGS is ok too? just trying to have him in good numbers asap.. since we didn't start on long acting (Lantus, etc) right away.. :()

(and oh sorry haha.. i wasn't sure if i made the question clear ~ so having some vomiting or if it theres an episode of it isn't that much of a big deal if it happens while on insulin??? do you just give it a break for a little then encourage some food or?.. :blackeye:)