6/14 Kuro AMPS 223 +5 163 +8 189 PMPS 283 +3 299

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kuro, Jun 14, 2024.

1. Kuro

Kuro Member

6/13

First morning she's had in the last four or five that she didn't vomit overnight! We're taking our wins where we can.

AMPS 223 is the lowest shootable number we've had yet; pleasantly surprised to see she's not higher after skipping PM yesterday. Will of course be on hypo watch today.

Happy Friday to all who celebrate.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Is the vomit food or liquid/foam?
    Is it few hours before AMPS?
    If so it could be that he needs a snack during the night. Some cats will vomit when their tummies are empty

3. Kuro

Kuro Member

Yes a few hours before AMPS. Mostly a liquid-solid mix; at least one of them was probably a hairball. My suspicion has been that she's just having trouble adjusting to the complete diet overhaul that's happened in the last week and half. We switched her treats to a freeze-dried raw chicken deal and I wonder if we'd just been giving her too many of those earlier in the week.

-Matt

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

She may need a snack of food during the night.
    Have you thought about getting a timed automatic feeder? You could set it for 3 or 4 am (an hour before she has been vomiting ) with a snack of low carb food.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Nice start. I meant to say something yesterday about feeding some dry when high carbs were needed to prevent going too low. It’s better to use high carb canned food that’s over 15% carbs. I’d get some middle carb and high carb cans when you go to the store the next time. Eliminating all dry will help you get her regulated and also offer you tge opportunity to switch to TR should you decide on that.

6. Kuro

Kuro Member

We'll keep this in mind! The nightly barfs are new this week with the new diet so I'm more wondering if it's a sensitivity to something we're feeding her. We backed off the freeze dried raw chicken treats yesterday and I wonder if that's part of why last night was better.

Fabulous advice! For better or for worse we still have TONS of the RC high carb prescription urinary diet that probably got us here in the first place, so between that and the emergency karo I'm hoping we're prepared for hypos.

Today's also been a more normal LB day. 3x#1 and 1x#2: good consistency. We still don't have a good system for capturing samples for ketone testing, so no new data on that front today. We're trying the cellophane thing but she's not falling for it.

Last few days' BGs have been high in the morning and low in the evening and today's been a little different. Good news is we were able to give a second 0.25U dose today. Hoping to land on a stable 12-hour cycle before too long.

Planning to run our first 12-hour curve tomorrow.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.