6/13 Pudge AMPS 290 +3 226 +6 277 +9 350 +11 456 PMPS 372

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by kitten68, Jun 13, 2024.

1. kitten68

kitten68 Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/6-7-pudge-amps-271-3-254-5-259-6-234-8-226.290894/

hi :)

quite a bit high tonite at +9 :blackeye:.. afraid maybe didnt dose enough in the AM very slightly as i try not to re-insert into pen and a bit shot out more than intended…. UGH. realize for future to really try to have doses at the line.. also was trying to catch up due to a late time and wanted it given as soon as i could.. realize now what matters is the dose be good (?). :( thought it was close enough!

will this show up over time as a dose reduction?.. really hoping not..

Or im not sure what this big number means :)

Hes not feeling good rn although is playful.. idk what. :(:(:(

well can just try to make it up i guess the next doses.. make sure theyre good.

he’s due for adjustment Saturday.. time to increase for sure. know .25 is recommended.. but really dont think thats enough. and another week of not being enough.. ughh.. SO.. was re-reading the Dosing methods and theres a link to Tilly’s Diabetes page (sorry if mislabeled) and was reading the method info there..
    she says to increase by .25 U anddd .5 U …. Those BOTH are options. .25 is just really important to try to do when BGs and doses are lower.. makes sense. .5 is ok esp if BGs are a high.. know he’s not the highest that is (grateful for that..) but high enough still think.. nadirs still upper 100s and not often.. :/ averaging 220s about.. (i think..)

so, am greatly considering just another .5 increase..

Thoughts on this?.. at this point, really would like to do .5 again.. dont want to sail past it tho.. but pretty sure .25 wont be enough….

:bookworm: feel like testing him again.. afraid to see what it is lol *cries

Last edited: Jun 13, 2024
  2. kitten68

kitten68 Member

just checked him ~ 456.. but i give him a meal prior to shot time (w 2 hr lag..) got some LC treats too :cat:
    glad found out dont have to now :cat: but might continue to try doing to make sure he eats prior to shot.. esp as things get better.

ugh. :confused::confused::confused:

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Since you are following SLGS, next dose, as of Saturday if nothing better before then, would be 1.75 units. You did see a bit of blue on this dose.

Try not to fee much food, or only zero/very low carb stuff if you must, past his nadir or low point of the cycle. After then, the insulin is starting to wear off. Adding carbs after that will make the insulin wear off faster, and his numbers will go up higher for preshot. This is what we call loss of duration.

kitten68 likes this.
  4. kitten68

kitten68 Member

Wendy.. just caught a nadir of 157.

...thinking of not changing now. at least for a few days? looks like .25 is just it.. maybe .5 if wanting to go below 100s I guess.. or maybe not. .25 might be it, on SLGS anyway.. Day 7 too! you called it. if nothing better.. well. 157. hour 6. :/ ...... :woot::woot: (???...) he doesn't seem to be feeling too good tho too today.. or is in a mood. I don't blame him. this has all sucked! but we're doing what we need to be better... thanks for your advice and being there for us..

his Milk Thistle and fish oil came today! might you know if these supplementation are okay to be on at the same time?.. someone on here told me Milk Thistle (for his high liver enzymes (supposedly)).. will be combing through threads to see who was and will msg.. but if you might know too. plz lmk. :)

@Wendy&Neko :cat: