6/13 Kuro AMPS 328 +6 209 +9 120 +12 134 +12.5 146 AT3

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kuro, Jun 13, 2024.

1. Kuro

Kuro Member

Hi all,

Our first post here since graduating from the main forum. Can't express how much we've appreciated the whole FDMB community since we got our Dx a week ago.

Current dose is 0.25U. Skipped PM shot last night; PMPS was 194. PM+4 was 365. Reading just now was 134. Per the advice we received on the other forum we're currently stalling 20 minutes before dinner (she's furious) and planning to retest to see if she's on her way up.

We'd welcome any guidance about where her no-shoot threshold should be right now.

-Matt

JL & Cooper likes this.
  2. Kuro

Kuro Member

Update: Stalled about half an hour and she's up very slightly to 146. I think I'm calling that too low to shoot and giving this poor creature her dinner.

-Matt

3. JL & Cooper

JL & Cooper Member

Welcome to Lantus! If you’re looking for a quick response to your q on the board, I’d suggest editing your title and adding the prefix [?] in the drop down menu. It’s an easy way for experienced members to see who needs assistance quickly. You can also add “shoot?” Or something similar to your title along with the blue q mark. :)

Bandit's Mom and Kuro like this.
  4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I’m glad you made it over to this page!
    Sorry no one answered your thread in time.
    As Jenny suggested, if you need help quickly, put in subject line something like PMPS xxx, stalling, need help and use the ? Prefix

Here is your previous post from main for continuity.
    If you can link your previous post to the current post it helps us to be able to look back at previous posts if needed.
    https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...member-kuro-9y-female-newly-diagnosed.290913/

JL & Cooper likes this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi. When did you start the all wet diet? I think it might be making a big difference in a positive way. It looks like Kuro was on the way up by pmps or at least not dropping. Next time if you can shoot later at the next shot try stalling another 20 minutes. We do suggest not shooting if under 200, even when testing with the AT. With more data you can gradually lower the no shot number. If Kuro were on a higher dose I would suggest lowering the dose so you could shoot every cycle but at .25 that’s not an option. We do have lower doses but I think any effect from the .50 dose should be gone now. Hopefully you will be able to shoot .25 both cycles soon. It would be good to get a test at +1 or +2 to see if the bg is rapidly rising or not.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  6. Kuro

Kuro Member

Thank you for the posting guidance, all! We'll make use of the ? features next time we have a time-sensitive decision to make.

Excellent idea. Just tested at +2. A modest climb up to 178.

-Matt

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.