6/13 Kit AMPS 124, +1 118, +2 61, +3 47, +5 57, +6 53, +7 104, PMPS 293, +2 324

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Alicia & Kit cat, Jun 13, 2024.

1. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

6/12/24

I swear, this cat. Today is vet day. And we want to do blood work. So she needs gabapentin. Last time, I added it to some 13 or 14% food, and she ate it up. Great!
    This time, she took two licks, and said eff you ma'am.
    Tried a different flavor. She walked away.
    Tried just stuff a half filled capsule down her throat. HAHAHAHAHAH. All those videos of fractious cats being pilled as a "this is how you do it" have damn angels compared to this girl. SHE'S 17 WITH ARTHRITIS HOW IS SHE SO STRONG AND WIGGLY?!?!?!
    Gave her some 7% as a palate cleanser - she ate it.
    So I added a small amount of water to a syringe I had from the days of using liquid gaba, dumped half a capsule in, and shot it into her mouth. I have no idea if that's an acceptable way to do it, but I think most of it got down her throat - she seemed to automatically swallow the water.
    She did start drooling, but before she drooled as much as she usually did with the compounded liquid gaba, I fed her another tsp of 7% as a palate cleanser.
    F%&#(% smart tri colors. I swear.

I'm hoping she's drugged enough to get a blood draw. I know she hates the flavor, but c'mon man. You also lick your butt. Get over it for 30 seconds and just eat the food that makes it easier on everyone!

Anyway, she had a great start today, and based on her +2 I don't think the double 7% and few licks of 13/20% mix are going to be too bad for her.

2. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Jack & Mopem'sMom Well-Known Member

oooh naughty tortie...they have the most impertinent personalities, I swear!! Good luck at the vet today- sending hugs and love :bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Alicia & Kit cat

She also has this habit of dropping really low on vet days. It's like she knows that, while the vet has accepted for the most part that I'm going to continue with what I'm doing, it makes her (the vet) super nervous when she drops low. Even though she's never had hypo symptoms and I have a buttload of MC and HC to work her through it.
    And I didn't get a chance to clean the apartment like I wanted to yesterday, so now it's messier than I like it to be when someone comes over. The vet never cares, and what I think is atrociously messy (I'm not a neat freak, there is just a lot of STUFF all over) she says is not bad at all.
    Cats. It's a good thing they're cute.

4. Karolina KJ & Nestle

Karolina KJ & Nestle Well-Known Member

Good meowning
    I heard rumors torties have unique personalities and Kit shows me it's true. She's so darn cute it's hard to be upset though. She's got you wrapped around her little paw :p:facepalm::joyful:
    Good luck with the vet visit today.
    Beautiful cycle so far
    upload_2024-6-13_11-7-39.png

Staci & Ivy and Alicia & Kit cat like this.
  5. Alicia & Kit cat

It was a lovely cycle, except she's dropped back into the 40s while also hitting the stage of being drugged where she doesn't want to eat.
    I got her to lick a couple of licks of 20% gravy, and then rubbed a small dab of honey on her gums.

6. Karolina KJ & Nestle

Karolina KJ & Nestle Well-Known Member

I can't imagine how stressful that must be. But you're such a wonderful mama to Kit you know exactly what to do to keep me afloat. Sending PAWsitive vibes your way :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy and Alicia & Kit cat like this.
  7. Alicia & Kit cat

And she just threw everything up. *sigh*

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  8. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

Holy molly! I just saw her numbers. She's pushing the envelope all the way!
    First wiggle, second refuse food, third right medicine intake and next, get down to lime :rolleyes:
    Boy a handful! Hope gaba settles her and the vet visit goes well :bighug:

9. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

Oh gosh. I forgot that they can do that, on top of everything :rolleyes:

Alicia & Kit cat likes this.
  10. Alicia & Kit cat

The gaba messes with her tummy, and she just pooped the most foul partly solid, but also party runny, poop I've seen in awhile. And then she threw up everything I had fed her. :banghead::banghead:

11. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Oh my, Alicia, just read the entire thread and am sending you tons of hugs. You need them badly. What a tortie Kit really is. She is in the dictionary with her tortitude.
    I'm sorry it's been such a morning already! And of course the whole vet thing makes it that much worse.
    I really hope everything calms down super quickly in your home soon. Am crossing everything for calm for you
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Alicia & Kit cat

Thanks - it has indeed been a morning for both Kit and I. She has mostly calmed down (she was pretty calm, just annoyed? And even pretty drugged, still a wiggly worm).

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  13. Alicia & Kit cat

Okay! Vet visit done. Solensia shot given. Blood drawn. Urine sample attempted, but bladder refused to show itself. The vet tried 4 different positions to try to find it, and Kit was like HAHAHAHAHAHHA, SUCKERS! We should know in a couple of days the results of the blood work (whoever she uses is hecking fast at getting them back usually). Once we verify that she's mostly stable, I'm gonna see about a dental with the vet hospital we use for that.
    She's still running a bit low (where are those high numbers from the stress of vets that I want on a day like today!?), and I got her to eat a small tsp of 9%, so I'm hoping since it's late in the cycle for her we're closer to a safe zone? I'll still be testing pretty often this afternoon.
    Now to find lunch for momma.

14. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

15. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Very glad you both survived. I’ll bet Kit earned herself a real good nap. Maybe you did too :bighug::bighug::bighug:

16. Alicia & Kit cat

I thought about a nap, but decided to peruse tiktok instead. Kit eventually curled up in the walk in closet and was doing a snooze just now. A real cute one too!

17. Alicia & Kit cat

I sort of anticipated her going high tonight, so no surprise there. Especially since I wasn't sure what she was going to do today so I fed her up until +6 (well, the little bit she would eat as I was offering things from the 7 different options I had opened throughout the morning :blackeye:). I'm hoping she comes back down to better numbers relatively quickly.

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  18. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

Me toooooo but maybe not too quickly :p

19. Alicia & Kit cat

Oh, for suuuuure! Maybe take a little break and give momma a chance to recover from the chaos!

Which is what she seems to be doing at the moment.

Angela & Cleo likes this.