6/13 Ivy Amps 113, +2.5 85, +5.5 68, +7.5 76, +10.5 71, Pmps 190, +2 289 Libre

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Staci & Ivy, Jun 13, 2024.

1. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

6/12/24
    Amps 113 Libre

Good morning all,
    So after a few days of relatively flat pancake days, I kept thinking about what’s been going on with her.
    Since I use the calipers to measure her dose, I may have been misaligning the top arm of the caliper below the ring slightly (a little tricky to line up, I find). This might be throwing off the dose I am drawing for her by short changing it slightly????
    So I’ve tried readjusting where I lineup that top arm and it seems like I’ve now given a little bit more insulin in her syringe to get to 4.5 unit dose, so let’s see if that makes a difference before I jump to bump her up even higher.

We’ll give her a few days by doing this and see what we get. So far this morning she’s already diving a bit. Added a tsp 11% to slow her a little.

Paws crossed we see some green back in the picture again ;)
    Safe surfing everyone, have a good Thursday :cat:

2. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

Good morning Staci and Ivy!
    A very nice start :cool:
    The amount of insulin we give to our kitties is so tiny that just a little bit of difference can mean a lot, I think. Glad you figured this out and re-adjusted!
    I Hope Ivy comes down nicely and gets to the beach with Nestle for a fun playdate.
    Mikan will try her hardest to join (she's still far away).
    Happy Thursday (almost weekend!) and have a lovely day! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Jack & Mopem'sMom

Jack & Mopem'sMom Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug: good luck with the caliper adjustments :bighug::bighug:

4. Karolina KJ & Nestle

Karolina KJ & Nestle Well-Known Member

Good meowning!
    Beautiful start and nice numbers so far. Hopefully that small adjustment makes a difference and we'll see more green. Nestle is hanging out on the beach this meowning waiting for his girlfriends to join :p:cool::D
    I will be leaving for work soon and won't be back till tomorrow night.
    2 more days and then freedom! :smuggrin:

Wishing you both a nice Thursday.

upload_2024-6-13_11-3-55.png

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  5. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

Someone else is on the move this morning! I hope she spends some good time in some good good greens for you.

I was talking to Kit's vet today about her current dose and using calipers to make sure it was consistent since there's aren't syringes with 0.25 markings. She is always a little surprised but not surprised when I break out things like using calipers because it's just more hard core than any of her other patients. She also asked, when we were talking about Kit being kind of low this morning, if I had tested her last night, and I was like, many times! So we talked about where she was when I tested her at midnight, and my acceptable low numbers for Kit are always slightly panic inducing to her vet, again, because none of her other clients test, or if they do, it's hardly ever. So go us for being on top of things!

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

7. JL & Cooper

JL & Cooper Member

Looks like Cooper took Wendy’s suggestion and the other kitties are paying attention! Haha :p Hope Ivy is enjoying those greens :D

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  8. Staci & Ivy

Hi Kit, I hope this adjustment shakes it up enough to have her see some green. So far today it's bringing her down to much better numbers. I'm just happy no pink and not a yellow pancake!
    Hope both girls get in a visit with Nestle today :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Mikanmama likes this.
  9. Staci & Ivy

Thanks, Christine :)

Jack & Mopem'sMom likes this.
  10. Staci & Ivy

Thanks, Diane :bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Staci & Ivy

Thanks, Karolina! She's having a much nicer cycle today :cool:
    Ivy has missed Nestle the past few days.
    I know your boys will be happy and have lots of kisses for you upon your return home!
    Be safe out there :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Karolina KJ & Nestle likes this.
  12. Staci & Ivy

Glad Cooper has led these girls to see the green light again!
    :D:cat::bighug:

JL & Cooper likes this.
  13. Deb and Tiger

Deb and Tiger Well-Known Member

Nice cycle today Ivy! Keep up the good work and give your mama some kisses for taking such good care of you!

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  14. Staci & Ivy

She heard you, Deb. Sending hugs and kisses back to you and Tiger :kiss::kiss:

Deb and Tiger likes this.
  15. Staci & Ivy

Go us. We are more hard core than I think most vets ever see. All the vets I have seen (repeat…all of them) think I am taking Ivy too low when I tell them I let her go under 100.
    I’m sure you blow your vet away with all the equipment she sees at your house :rolleyes:

I feel like I have a medical equipment store. Ivy’s room is jam packed with all her “stuff”. And I have a huge cabinet in that kitchen with supplements and more stuff. Plus the freezer is filled with her food (in all stages…prepared to cooked lamb waiting to be assembled, etc).

It’s why we are tired ;)

Alicia & Kit cat likes this.
  16. Karolina KJ & Nestle

Karolina KJ & Nestle Well-Known Member

Thanks Staci!
    I can't wait, although the first few days will be busy already with other commitments.

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  17. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

Yeah, she got a little concerned that Kit was at 57 at her appointment. I very deliberately didn't mention that was up from 47. But she accepts I'm gonna keep on keepin' on. And I've talked her through my process, and the different carb levels, and she's mostly fine with me doing it. She wouldn't want any other of her clients doing it, but she knows I'm pretty stubborn.
    You got this! Now maybe go nap?

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  18. JLS12

JLS12 Member

So far it looks like your caliper tweaking is producing results! :woot:
    Let's hope you've solved this mystery.

I hope you and Ivy have a nice peaceful night.

Staci & Ivy likes this.