6/12 Kit AMPS 283, +1 188, +2 106, +3 99, +5 90, +9 153, PMPS 177, +1 147, +2.5 88, +3.5 78, +5 68

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Alicia & Kit cat, Jun 12, 2024.

1. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

6/11/24

Someone decided to start her crazy drop early. :rolleyes:

2. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

She really really really wanted to come down! :p
    Hope she moderates the curve and stays green today. :bighug:

Karolina KJ & Nestle likes this.
  3. Alicia & Kit cat

Girl is just not about moderation lately. :rolleyes:
    I'm hoping her bloodwork tomorrow shows she still steady, so I can maybe get her in for a dental. Maybe that will help her calm those numbers down. Her vet thought maybe she had another UTI which was causing her numbers to spike, but she seems to be peeing okay and on her normal schedule. I'm also wondering if her arthritis is just getting so bad that the twice daily gaba just isn't touching it. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

4. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

I used to give a subQ glucosamine injection once a day to an old kitty from the previous generation. That was easy enough and seemed to help his arthritis. FYI.
    I too worry about UTI for Mikan but like Kit cat, she's peed in front of me, right after I cleaned the litter box (of course :rolleyes:) - nice big puddle and all.
    I know gaba helps with pain but I'm not sure if it reduces inflammation. Maybe talk to your vet? Is she the one who does home visits?
    I am thinking of contacting some home visiting vets around here to see if that's an option for Mikan. She has horrible reaction to car drive and vet visits. :nailbiting:

Staci & Ivy and Alicia & Kit cat like this.
  5. Alicia & Kit cat

We were trying Adequan for a bit, but it didn't seem to do much. We also decided to try metacam to see if it would help the inflammation, but it's so dicey because it's hard on their kidneys and she's stage 3 ckd. And she hated the taste, so she stopped eating the flavors I put it on. It's one of the things I want to talk to her vet about tomorrow (she is the one who does home visits - which I love so much). I wish she still did dentals, but she stopped after she went through chemo for breast cancer. We have another vet hospital we go to for her dentals (well, the one since her current vet stopped doing them). I'm hoping they will accept the blood work from tomorrow if we decide to go through with a dental and won't need new blood work.

If you're able to find someone who specializes in home visits/low stress vet care, it makes it so much better. Kit stresses so much in the car - almost immediately poops and pees herself, and then stress sheds like crazy.

The next time I get cats, which won't be until after Kit is gone because she is a one cat household sort of kitty, I'm getting 2, so they have each other as friends, and we're driving those babies around all the place and getting them acclimated to all sorts of people. IT SHALL BE MY MISSION!

6. Karolina KJ & Nestle

Karolina KJ & Nestle Well-Known Member

Hello Alicia and KitKat!!!
    Looks like her and Mikan decided to do some beach exploring together. Hopefully they play nice and don't go deep sea diving.
    Oh these girls are always up to something aren't they?
    Wishing you both a nice day

upload_2024-6-12_13-8-40.png

Alicia & Kit cat and Staci & Ivy like this.
  7. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Well Kit has had a very nice cycle today, Alicia. I hope everything goes well tomorrow with the vet visit and Kit remains calm. Lots to discuss with your vet.

Hope tonight is a mellow night for all of you :bighug::cat::bighug:

Alicia & Kit cat likes this.
  8. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about Eric's dad. Keeping him in my thoughts and prayers.
    Getting the Blood work is a good idea along with urine if possible. It'll be interesting to see what happens to her overall numbers after the Solensia shot.
    I recall seeing a lot of suggestions on the forum for hairballs. I'll look later today and post some links for you.
    I'm hesitant conducting a food experiment so close to her vet visit.
    The SS is looking more like loss of duration especially since you don't feed after nadir.

9. Alicia & Kit cat

Thank you - much appreciated. They think something about his heart rhythm pushed a clot out that caused the stroke, so he now has an implanted computer chip to monitor his heart rhythm. Eric's brother is now calling him bionic. They think he can maybe go home tomorrow.
    Is there anything I can do to limit the loss of duration? Or is it just what it is? She gets small bites of freeze dried chicken or salmon with her tests, but I keep them small. And they wouldn't really happen in the pm cycle after her food is picked up since I'm not very good at waking up to test.
    I'm hoping we can do a urine sample - it'll depend on when she pees before the vet gets here. She tends to pee before her shot (6 am), and the appointment isn't until 11 am, so hopefully enough time to get the bladder refilled some.

10. Alicia & Kit cat

She has looked pretty good today - and I'm heartened by her PMPS. Hopefully she holds the good run through tonight. And since she's starting lower, maybe that means less of a steep drop? There's definitely less space to drop down to (knock on all the dang wood and so much anti jinx).

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  11. Alicia & Kit cat

They ARE always up to something! Like I told human Kit, it's a good thing they're so cute. :joyful::joyful:

Karolina KJ & Nestle likes this.
  12. Angela & Cleo

Maybe try catching her morning sample for the Vet :facepalm:.

If it were me, I'd run the blood first and also see if there's a difference with her overall numbers after the Solensia shot. She's got quite a bit of spunk for an 'older' kitty.
    What's her weight?

13. Alicia & Kit cat

I can try - she tends to pee while I'm still asleep.

She's definitely spunky (it's that tortitude) - she actually gained weight in the last year, which I didn't want. She for sure needs to lose some now (although I haven't weighed her since February - I'll add that to the list for tomorrow.) In February she was up to 14 lbs from ranging between 11.5-12 for quite awhile, which was also higher than where she really should be, but we didn't want to have her drop too much in case the kidney disease and diabetes starting causing weight loss. She just doesn't move much, and even less the last few months. It's likely not helping her arthritis to be carrying the extra weight. She's eating less than she was before, but I can't really cut her calories much more or she won't be eating enough.

Her numbers have also just been better today? I'll be curious to see what the blood work says (and the urine if there's a sample).

14. Angela & Cleo

Awesome numbers today. Did you do anything different?

15. Alicia & Kit cat

Nope! She is a mYSterY. :rolleyes:

Staci & Ivy likes this.