6/12, Binie, AMPS 341, + 4 75, keeping her safe being alone tomorrow

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Heike & BInie, Jun 12, 2024.

1. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Last post: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/6-10-binie-amps-266-3-244-5-92.290996/

Good evening,

we have quite some action going on. I think it goes in the right direction but it is also a bit scary because I have to be out of the house for almost full 12 hours tomorrow.

First of all I have to mention, that the spreadsheet is not 100 % full, especially in the pm cycles, because I can not upload from the reader anymore. I already contacted Abbott and I hope they fix the problem. During the day I took notes so there is quite some data. The nights have been high and flat with yellow nadirs, so there was not much to see anyway.

Yesterday I was again surprised what the reduced dose of 2.5 IU can do. She went down quickly and steep and I was feeding her a little high carb every hour or more often if needed to flatten the curve a little. Anyhow she went quite low on the libre (81) but again I did not test on the handheld because her mood is so fragile at the moment and I concentrate on giving the shots which is difficult enough. So I know it was again against the SLGS rules but because I am out tomorrow and because it felt wrong to feed so much high carb (really hc, between 20 and 30 % and a very high carb snack of 50 % at +5) I reduced again last night to 2.25 IU. She bounced during the night and was red pink and yellow.

Today I was only feeding her low carb (4,5 %) and except for the breakfast I didn't do any hand-feeding to see how it develops if I don't intervene. She didn't eat much during the day and went down to 75 and surfed between this number and 80 for almost an hour before she went up again.

My question: Is it safe to give 2.25 IU tomorrow if I leave out high carb for her and give hc for breakfast? A friend will come in at +4 and at +8 to look after Binie but I don't want to bring her in an akward situation. Which number can I still shoot safely with that dose and when should I rather give a reduced dose? Thank you so much for feedback!
    @Wendy&Neko

I hope I don't annoy anyone by not sticking stricktly to the SLGS-rules. The ear pricks are just so difficult at the moment. :( And besides that, I am such a helicopter mum! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I hope everyone has a safe and relaxed evening! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Following SLGS, you would reduce to 2.0 units tonight. It may be the 2.5 unit depot influencing the numbers, but that doesn't matter with SLGS.

I can't give you a "if the PS is X, shoot Y" scenario. The night of the 6th she was 500 at PMPS and still dropped below 90. Leave out high carb food if you want to. It's OK to do that. The high carb wet will only last for the cycle. Get your friend to give more food when she visits.

Staci & Ivy and Heike & BInie like this.
  3. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Thank you so much Wendy! :bighug::bighug::bighug: I will see how her numbers are tomorrow morning and than decide if I stay with 2.25 IU or 2 IU. I thought she only earns a reduction if I have the proof on a handheld, that it was really below 90. 75 on the libre with the arrow straigt might have been more on the handheld. But it seems we are moving in the right direction. Thanks so much, for your advice! :cat:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It is if below 90 on the hand held, but you reduced yesterday with an 81 - wasn't sure if you checked that. Today was even lower.

Heike & BInie likes this.
  5. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

No, I didn't double check with a handheld yesterday. It's simply difficult with her at the moment. Yesterday I was massively pushing her with high carb so I think she would have gone much lower if I let her. I know that this is just an assumption and not according to the rules but I saw no other way to handle the situation. Today I didn't manipulate anything and she stopped at 75. I will see what her preshot number tomorrow is and than make a decision. Thank you! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  6. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Sending you best wishes, Heike. I’ll be thinking of both of you tomorrow and sending safe surfing vibes to your home for Binie.
    I’m glad you have a friend who can come check on her while you’re at work!
    Have a safe night and a good day tomorrow. Sleep well :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Heike & BInie likes this.
  7. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

Thank you so much Staci! :bighug::bighug::bighug: I'm glad Binie was very safe. I'll write an update today! Hope you and Ivy are all well! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.