? 6/11 Black | +11, 523

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by zerovector, Jun 11, 2022.

1. zerovector

zerovector Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/6-7-black-amps-121-nervous-shooting-blues.264290/

It looks like we are at the tail end of a bounce that i assume would result in a BG drop, but instead he seems to be climbing - I will give this dose until PMPS tomorrow to see some good nadirs, if not I think we have to go back to 1.25.

My only concern is 1.25 would shoot him way under 50 - what do we do when the 1u is not enough, but 1.25u is too much?

Thanks everyone, your advice is always helpful.

2. zerovector

zerovector Member

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Got any numbers for today so far?

4. zerovector

zerovector Member

Unfortunately not yet, I had things to do outside of the house today. Despite being a RN, my mom struggles to get blood from him so all she does is his shot.

5. Wendy&Neko

Today or tonight might be a bounce breaking cycle. I was hoping to see where his nadirs landed at that point before suggesting what to do next.

6. zerovector

zerovector Member

I'll be able to get a test at +9 I hope, this was just one of those things I couldn't get out of.

7. zerovector

zerovector Member

His PMPS tonight was 499 - without readings from earlier, it could be a bounce from an early drop, or he's been high all day. His +6 nadir today will tell me more.

8. Wendy&Neko

TBD if +6 will be his nadir tonight. It often hasn't been in previous cycles.

9. zerovector

zerovector Member

His nadir ended up being AMPS - which I've never seen.

10. Wendy&Neko

Bounce breaking cycle last night, hope you can get some tests in today. It'll likely be a more active cycle. Neko used to give me the odd nadir into the following cycle.

11. zerovector

zerovector Member

I just tested him at 50, and since we are not around his nadir time I suspect he has some more to drop so I just gave him some HC for lunch.