? 5/21 Tiger Amps 400, +9.5 100

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Deb and Tiger, May 21, 2024.

1. Deb and Tiger

Deb and Tiger Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-19-tiger-amps-394-6-267.290197/

Don’t know where these low numbers came from. We’re 1 hour from pmps and he’s at 129 and going down. Tried bumping him up at +9 and +9.5 with food and he went up to 150 as long as I kept him active but he’s set on napping now and going back down. May have to do a token tonight as he shows no signs of going up. All these high number days and then this. I never will understand all this…..

If he keeps falling should I feed him , or at what point would you feed? I don’t want to earn a reduction if we can avoid it.

2. Deb and Tiger

He’s at 112, still falling. Let him drop down and take a reduction, or feed and skip dose or…..? 20 mins until pmps.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Don't feed. Could you update your spreadsheet. The last I see is 142.

4. Deb and Tiger

Will do 104 now

5. Deb and Tiger

102 and falling

6. Deb and Tiger

98 falling

7. Wendy&Neko

Your options are to feed now and delay PMPS by two hours, or wait and see where he goes by regular PMPS time.

8. Deb and Tiger

And let him take a reduction?
    Delay isn’t really an option.

9. Wendy&Neko

The problem with feeding and shooting soon, is you don't know where his numbers would be without the influence of food. Given that he doesn't hold reductions well, it'd be best if he didn't earn a reduction. You could feed and skip, but then he'd be sky high in the AM.

10. Deb and Tiger

He’s been sky high am lately anyway. Where did this come from? What makes this happen?

would a token dose work?

Last edited: May 21, 2024
  11. Wendy&Neko

It's your choice what you choose to shoot. You have done a token dose before hand so you can see what happened then. Experienced people with lots of data - and the Libre gives you tons of that, will shoot full dose over 90 when following SLGS. Maybe somewhere between token and full dose?

12. Deb and Tiger

He’s back to 106, so we’re feeding him. I don’t feel comfortable shooting a full dose. I just can’t stay awake with him late at night.

any idea what caused such a late, low nadir? We’ve been so high the last 7-8 cycles or so??

13. Wendy&Neko

Later nadirs often occur with bounce breaking cycles. Kind of surprising here as his last numbers below 200 were 9 cycles ago and it doesn't typically take that long to resolve the bounce. Maybe he's so used to higher numbers that he bounced from some of the lower 200's he's seen.

14. Deb and Tiger

Ty Wendy. So weird. Nothing goes according to the book with Tiger…

15. Wendy&Neko

I hope Tiger will give you some of these blue preshots in the AM when you can monitor. He was on his way up, probably OK to shoot. But it would be nice if you had the data to confirm that.

16. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Hi Deb, sorry you got into a dropping cycle with Tiger tonight. I know how stressful that was wishing you a good recovery from the skipped dose.
    Please give Tiger some belly rubs from me and Ivy. :cat:
    Hugs to you, too :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Deb and Tiger likes this.