5/20 Ivy Amps 343,+2 141, +3.25 64 L +5 Lo L/90 C, +7 47 L,+10 347,Pmps 400,+2 149,+3 54 Libre

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Staci & Ivy, May 20, 2024.

1. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

5/19/24
    Amps 343 Libre

Well that was a high amps :mad:
    I assume it has to do with the partial fur shot from last night when she jerked away when I gave a shot. I knew some did not get in since I smelled it on her. Bad kitty ;) Hopefully today she will get back to work during daylight hours :cool::cat::coffee:

Have a nice day and safe surf everyone :cat:

2. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

So Ivy had other plans yesterday... cats... :banghead: But anyhow she is going down nicely! Looks like a lot less stressful day today! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  3. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

My, my. Miss Ivy has been a busy girl this morning!
    She's right back on track ;)
    Hope she goes easy from here on - quite a drop she had!
    Happy Monday and have a great day, Staci :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  4. Staci & Ivy

Hi Heike, she has dropped back into some lovely lower numbers today, now I need her to surf safely today and tonight!
    I have to install a new Libre today, let it "marinate" for a day so I can activate it tomorrow, best laid plans, paws crossed for success).

Hope Binie is feeling better and eating well today!! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Heike & BInie likes this.
  5. Heike & BInie

Heike & BInie Member

She really has such a nice curve today! Good girl! All fingers are crossed for a successful installation of the new libre. So interesting, you put it on before activating. Does it work better than? I tried that once because I didn't got a vet's appointment at the last day of the libre but it didn't worked so well and it didn't last the full 14 days. But maybe it was just a bad libre and had nothing to do with applying it early. And I also did something stupid this time: I activated the new one and wanted to take off the old one later. You know how the story goes on: I forgot which one is the expired one and which the new one. :rolleyes: Thank god this time luck was on our side and I removed the right one but it was a little nerve wrecking as they are horribly expensive in Germany and I can't apply them myself so far.

Binie is lying outside in the sun. She was really well in the morning (I even saw her running!) but not so well tonight as the bg was high all day. :-(

Hope you have a beautiful day! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  6. Staci & Ivy

She did get right back to work this am, didn't she, Kit? We just never know what they will do!!

At +5 she dropped to Lo on Libre and that was 90 on her Contour meter. So she’s back to green. That was fast. :rolleyes:
    Hope you have a nice day! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Staci I see see got right back to work today.
    By the looks of it, it looks like you were able to sleep in your own bed last night :cat: I hope so. I hope she behaves herself tonight :bighug::bighug::bighug::cat:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  8. Staci & Ivy

Hi Heike, I’m glad Binie Got some outside time today And did a little running outside, that’s wonderful she felt well enough to do that, so that’s a good sign.

Yes, I have read a lot about the Libre and I have read that if you can install the day before you’re going to activate it it’s better for the body to let it get used to the device and it seems to be helpful. Unfortunately, I haven’t gotten the full two weeks out of a Libre in quite some time so this is something I like to do given the opportunity.
    They say you get more consistent readings and don’t have any weird readings the first day if you do this. Who knows if it’s true but I do it if I can.
    Have you checked out the Facebook group which gives instructions and information about Libre? If you haven’t, that’s where I learned a lot of information, I recommend it. (Freestyle Libre for Dogs and Cats)
    Well she had a good run today, and then shot up way high. Lost duration ;)

Hope you have a restful night :bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Staci & Ivy

Yep, she did get back to work And then she lost duration this afternoon and went sky high.:banghead:
    I guess she had to do a jump to the moon after all that hard work earlier today.

As it turned out, I did sleep in the basement last night because I couldn’t tell what she was actually going to do.
    Sometimes when I start out in the basement and then it’s middle of the night and I’m just so exhausted…. Plus the thought of going up 2 flights of stairs to my bed and possibly waking up DH just isn’t worth it, so I just stay there (insert shrug emoji)

If I’m really lucky, Ivy will jump up on the on the sofa and give me some purrs and knead on me. I guess that’s my reward for sleeping in the basement :p

Diane Tyler's Mom and Mikanmama like this.
  10. JLS12

JLS12 Member

Doesn't the unpredictableness of this just drive you nuts? It's like watching a game of pong on 10x speed and trying to keep up while predicting where the ball is going. :eek:

I'm glad Ivy had a nice run today and hope she doesn't wear you out tonight. ;)

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  11. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

Just dropping this here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    :smuggrin:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  12. Staci & Ivy

Absolutely it drives me nuts. I just want to be able to predict with some clue. And yet I can’t :banghead::arghh:
    Thanks for the good wishes. I need them. Don’t we all, though, in one way or another? :eek:
    :bighug::cat::bighug:

JLS12 likes this.
  13. Staci & Ivy

I’m impressed!!
    :)

Alicia & Kit cat likes this.
  14. Staci & Ivy

Very busy night. +3 dropped to 54 on Libre.
    I'm on kitty watch again :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Alicia & Kit cat likes this.
  15. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

I do love me some emoticons. I may speak emoji/emoticon/gif way too much for someone who is an elder millennial.

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  16. JLS12

JLS12 Member

Jeez! I'll trade you some of Purrl's appetite for some of Ivy's action. ;)

Hope you get a couple winks in while you're night watching.

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  17. Staci & Ivy

Love it. Great way to express yourself. I’m on the young end/cusp of being a boomer and I use them way too much. Can’t help myself. So I’m with you :rolleyes:

18. Staci & Ivy

lol, at least you get to sleep :blackeye:

19. JLS12

JLS12 Member

Oh, I meant DAYtime action. :p

I laid down, dozed a bit, then decided to get up because I want do a +6 in a few. I've got Purrl waiting patiently in my lap. So after her test, she'll have her snack and then I will get some zzz.

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  20. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I would stay in the basement too, 2 flights of steps ,no way :p