5/18 Michael

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LynnLee + Mousie, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

I haven't tested Michael since Sunday I think it was but he's still holding steady, off insulin. If I remember correctly he was 85 when I tested him over the weekend.

But, I wanted to share a few pictures for those not on facebook.

We went and picked up the rest of his stuff over the weekend. As you can see, Paula spoiled him :)

And I know it's blurry but there's a shot of him eating with some of the boys.

And this morning, he was curious about the open window in the kitchen so I sat him up on the counter so he could check it out. He got down when the rest of the house woke up but once he figured out nothing special was going on he went back to the kitchen, trying to figure out how to get back up to that window :)

Attached Files:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. It's great to hear Michael is doing so well. Thanks for posting the pictures.

sarahtee likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Certainly has enough cat trees for his own apartment!! Hope you have room for it all. Will he share with the others.

mucacopatarica likes this.
  4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

To say Paula spoiled him is an understatement! He is doing awesome with being OTJ! Paula is no doubt very proud from the other side of her boy making it to OTJ! Thanks Cindi for all that you have done and continue to do. You are one very special lady. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

dian and wheezer likes this.
  5. LynnLee + Mousie

Yeah we actually got rid of one of our couches to make room for the biggest one :) We'd been meaning to get rid of it anyway so this was a catalyst to actually do it. And we now have cat furniture in every room of the house except the kitchen and the bathrooms :)

Would you believe the others have been on the furniture more than he has!

He's more interested in Mousie this week then his furniture. I think he's trying to woo her. He did the cutest thing Sunday night. We were in the living room and Mousie came in and was sniffing around. Michael saw her and followed her in, only he very very slowly walked across the living room towards her, lowering his head, moving it side to side, looking at her all coyly out of the corners of his eyes. We thought there might be a fight but he finally reached her and they did a sniffy kiss and then she darted away. He followed her around for about 10 more minutes. Then, later in the night I walked into the kitchen and she was up on the counter staring down at him and he was lying on the floor staring up at her :)

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Ahhhhhhhh, that is precious! It seems he is very happy to have furry companionship. Not that you are chop liver or anything, LOL

7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Awwww young love.

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

How cute.

9. tonimarmalade

tonimarmalade Member

Thanks for the pictures and update.,I had been wondering how he was doing! Enough kitty toys to start your own little yard sale but this way everyone gets to enjoy everything. Congratulations to the OTJ Michael and countless thanks to you, Cindi,for your generous and loving heart.:otj: And :bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Lovely Michael update

He is one lucky kitty to first have Paula in his life and now you:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Super pics​

11. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Michael is looking wonderful. I saw the posting on Michael's FB page of all the toys you brought over. My goodness...he was/is one spoiled little guy. Glad to see that he is finding his niche with the other kitties and even has a "crush" on Mousie. You are doing a great job Cindy! :bighug:

12. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I can't believe Paula got all that cat furniture in her trailer! Did she have any people furniture? How lovely that Michael gets all his old stuff, to make him feel even more at home, although it sounds like he's settled in pretty well. I love the story about him and Mousie!!

It's hard to tell in that picture of the kitties eating, but do you have two other black and whites? Michael blends right in!

Thanks again, Cindy, for updating us and for being so wonderful to Paula's precious Michael. I know she is smiling down on you!

13. LynnLee + Mousie

I do! Well, sort of. One is black and white and the other is more grey with black stripes and white. I don't know how many are familiar with the story of the tree dwellers we found back in 2010 but those two in the picture with Michael are them. I bet their story is still searchable here on the board actually. Their names are Fuji & Em.

14. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Cindy, and thank you for the Michael update. He has certainly settled in. What a lucky kitty he is and how happy Paula must be to know that he is doing so well. Love the story of Michael and Mousie. And love the pics. He sure is a big cat!
    I think it's neat that Michael's furniture is being used by the whole gang. Who needs a couch, anyway!

Thank you again for adopting Michael.

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

15. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Cindy, It is so good to see the photos of Michael and know he is settling down so well with you and the other kitties. Paula would be so comforted to know that. Thank you for all you do for him

16. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Wonderful pics of Michael, thank you for sharing them! I know Paula must be so happy knowing he has a new family who loves him. :bighug:

17. smilelari

smilelari Member

Glad he's settled in. What a beautiful kitty

18. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Love this Michael update....sooo cute that he is trying to woo Mousie!!

19. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Love this! Keep on truckin' Michael!

20. Rosette Bengal

Rosette Bengal New Member

Good morning. I have really had to do a lot of searching to find Michael Redpath. My name is Laurie C. I am Paula Redpaths God daughter. I just was informed of her passing on Monday May 16th. I had to maneuver my way around the web to find information. I sent a friend request to Michael's facebook page. Please call me [phone number removed by moderator]. Paula had become very secluded over the last decade having less and less contact with our family. Paula never shared any of her medical issues with me or my family and I am a nurse. I could have helped and been there for her. Her passing comes as a complete surprise. Now I know why she only contacted me through facebook. So thankful for this message board after reading all the posts I can see Paula made a lot of friends and had everyone praying her her. So thankful Michael went to a loving home. Paula never knew that my own Bengal was diabetic and also insulin dependent. I understand Paula's brave decision. She watched her own mother pass when Paula was in her early 20's . Having been diagnosed with the same medical condition as her her mom had and knowing her own quality of life would be poor Paula made the ultimate sacrifice and must have been ready to surrender to the Lord. It was just like Paula to put her cat(s) before herself. I was informed of the memorial lunch being held for her today, unfortunately I just had a medical procedure myself and will not be able to attend. If you find the time please call me.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
    Reason for edit: Phone number removed for Laurie's privacy, but sent to LynnLee & Mousie.
    LynnLee + Mousie likes this.
  21. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

wow Michael is very loved boy---
    after reading @Rosette Bengal this story continues to unravel.....
    many prayers to all...:bighug::bighug::bighug:

22. Bobbie And Bubba

So very sorry for your loss Laurie. Paula and Michael were most loved here. She was always a bright spot on the boards. If you do a search, you can go back to find some of her last posts when she knew something was wrong. Tears, is all I can say right now. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    Reason for edit: ETA to change your name
  23. LynnLee + Mousie

I just spoke with Laurie for a bit. This is very hard on her. Please keep her in your thoughts.

I will be going to the memorial service in a couple hours and will put Laurie in contact with Paula's friends there.

24. Bobbie And Bubba

Thanks Cindi. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

25. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Thank you Cindi.

(((Laurie))) So sorry for your loss. I hope you are able to find some peace in knowing how many friends Paula had and how loved she was. :bighug::bighug:

jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
  26. Bobbie And Bubba

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.