5/13, Falafel - AMPS 196 +2 201 PMPS 86 +3 44

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by thornmallow__, May 13, 2024.

1. thornmallow__

thornmallow__ Member

Previous: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-11-falafel-pmps-50-1-95-2-96-3-96.289879/

AM cycle yesterday was perfect. But this morning we’re starting with what, a bounce? I kept the same dose but could this be a sign of glucose toxicity and should I increase?

I knew I should have gotten another test after PM+6 since I wasn’t sleeping well anyway after she threw up (a MASSIVE hair ball), but we were both so tired I didn’t have the heart/energy.

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

He got down to 56 last night and there’s a chance lower so I don’t think there’s room to increase. I dint think there’s glucose toxicity.

thornmallow__ likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Doses with green nadirs get at least 10 cycles. Today is cycle 7. The 50's also leave not much room for an increase. Time for patience and see where he goes with this dose.

4. thornmallow__

thornmallow__ Member

@tiffmaxee @Wendy&Neko

No increase. Rather, a decrease!!

At PM+3 we hit 44 and I fed MC wet. I tested 15 mins later and we were at 43. I thiiink I should have fed more MC wet and waited, but I panicked and went for HC wet and now we’re at 80. I’ll keep monitoring to make sure we’re still at a good place in another hour.

Tomorrow I think I will give an MC wet food bump for AMPS since I won’t have time to test, I will shoot and leave until PMPS.

(PS. Falafel is a girl :) a rare orange princess!)

I don’t know why but with TR, it’s like I’m learning every rule for the first time. For some reason, it just doesn’t stick in my head. Thank you for clarifying, and @tiffmaxee as well :bighug:

TYSM! I went through that whole thread and it slowly started making sense. I always forget that there is a food bump and as the insulin wears off, BG will rise again.

Thank you :bighug: today we hit the 40s and I managed to stay calmer. I remember the first time this happened, I was such a mess, I had the whole house in an uproar! I’m glad Fistuk hit 50, it’s scary but that’s the number we want, right? :smuggrin:

Last edited: May 13, 2024
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Congrats on the reduction. Now you see why you wait longer with green cycjes to decide whether to increase. It takes 20-30 minutes for the food to increase the bg. It was early in the cycle so nothing wrong with hc but I probably would have started with mc. I’d get another test in an hour as the hc might wear off.
    Sorry I called her a he!

6. thornmallow__

thornmallow__ Member

Sigh, I started with MC but then got scared so I grabbed the HC. She ate about 1/2 can of MC and 1/4 can of HC so far. I think it’s good for me to have HC on hand but I always reach for it instead of being patient and waiting to see what the MC does because I get scared :nailbiting: I’ve left out another 1/4 can of MC and her regular LC for snacking throughout the night. Will test her again at PM+5!

Also no worries, I know most oranges are boys ;)

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Earlier in the cycle, the insulin effect is stronger and has longer to go. Not a bad time for HC! I always did. Depends how carb sensitive she is too.