5/12 - Maui's Announcement

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Hillary & Maui (GA), May 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Everybody,

It is I Maui the Magnificent! I am having a huge party today and everyone is invited, even the silly beans! I have a huge announcement to make!

Before I tell you my announcement, do you remember when my bean found this board? I do, it was bad, the doctor wanted to put me in jail and torture me and my bean said NO WAY will that happen. She was so scared and didn’t know what to do. She went on the computer and found this place! The beans here helped her help me.

Today it is officially 4 years that I am OTJ! Isn’t it wonderful!

For those of you who may remember and those that don’t know, I LUVED dry fuds! I would only eat dry fuds! Little did my bean know that it was the dry fuds that caused my problems. See, I always had the itchies. It was so bad that the doctor would give me steroid shots to make the itchies go away and my bean would give me baths all the time! It helped a little but never stopped the itchies for long!

When my bean was told I had dire beasties and had to go to jail, she was upset. The beans here told her to only feed me wet fuds! Which was torture, as I only wanted to eat my yummy dry fuds.

Being Tortured

More Torture

When will it end

Finally, I was brainwashed and now only eat wet fuds! But I got the upper paw! I brainwashed my bean to give me my fuds in bed! Where I can listen to TV, get brushed and relax see!

Breffis in Bed

Here is what I look like today!
    Maui the Magnificent in bed of course

If you are wondering why I can only listen to TV and not watch it, it’s because two years ago I went blind. Not from direbeasties! But from something called progressive retinal atrophy! It doesn’t hurt, except when I walk into walls and things! I now count my steps and my bean got me steps so I don’t have to jump and miss the bed anymore! It took a few tries using the steps, but now I’m a pro at them. I don’t run up or down like Buster does, I go slowly and make sure there is something under my paws at all times.

Life is good! It could be better, if it weren’t for silly Buster following me everywhere! I can’t even nap without her wanting to be near me, see. See her hiding behind me!

Silly Buster

And another thing happened. Last month, I was put into a torture transporter, drugged and when I woke up, my teefies were missing! See I have pictures!

Stolen teefies

More stolen teefies

If you find my teefies, there is a reward for their return!

I remodeled my condo at The Falls and found a closet full of uniforms, err outfits, just waiting for kittehs to wear them. I need help! So when you come to my party be sure to try on the uniforms, err outfits and if it fits you have a new job at my place. The pay is great and benefits are even better. Just remember no lounging on the sun deck, no swimming in my pool, no eating my fuds, no drinking my nipjitos and no playing on my yacht! Especially Miss Tess, who likes to play Titanic! Silly kitteh! ;)

My Yacht

I even made a special area on the sundeck under the palm trees for all the kittehs who are in spirit only to have a place to visit, relax and watch the fun. It’s got hammocks and loungers and everything.

My good friend Sydney went to the bridge last year.

Sydney

She was beautiful wasn’t she. Anyway, I know she is making friends with everyone and I’ll bet she joined the new catering group run by Mannie and Stu – 2 Kittehs Kitchen. Sydney loved to cook and eat! She’s probably the official kitteh taster!

Anyway, my party is going to start soon. Everyone is invited, kittehs, beans, even droolers! Although they have to stay in a separate area (not everyone likes droolers). It’s going to be a great party party. Lots of fuds and drinks, I hear the BMG is warming up, my wagon will soon be locked and loaded.

Maui’s Wagon

I share these parting words:

[​IMG]

Signed Maui the Magnificent, Healthy, Happy, Missing some teefies

2. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Spot will most definitely be attending Ms. Maui!! He would like to pick out his outfit....one with a nice hat!
    Congratulations on your 4 year OTJ Annifursery! You have come so far!! And what a lucky girl you are, getting fuds in bed....with the tv on and a nice brushing!! Well, what else would I expect for a diva!

3. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Maui! I is coming! I wouldn't miss this for anythings!!! SWEET!!!! Woo hoo. and wow, I don't know much abut them dire beasties except for my bro Mannie had them too. I so wanna hear the BMG again!! See you soons! I am so excited!!~~ Miss Elsa

Congrats Maui on 4 years!! That is so very cool. dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat We are all very proud of you.

Hillary - wow, what a great condo: a feel good condo. Celebrate well, quite the accomplishment for all there.

4. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Maui you certainly do have one magnificent life!!! Your mom is the cats meow!! Happy Mothers Day to your moma bean. Sammy, Katie, and Ally will be there to help celebrate your 4 year OTJ party!!! They told me they can't wait to try on some of the outfits. Party On!!!! Oh they are bringing their droolers Denny and Chucky too.
    BTW you are such a good looking feline! Love the pics!

HAPPY 4 YEARS OTJ MAUI!!!

5. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS Ms. Maui!!!!

This is quite a red letter day for you!

Alex will of course be attending as will Miss Dylan and Master Jake. They are vey excited...especially the little ones cuz they have never been to a party before. Alex filled them in a little bit and well Jakey heard the word 'fuds' and he's ALL IN!!!!

But one thing...MY CATS DON'T WEAR UNIFORMS! Just sayin' :razz:

CONGRATS AGAIN Ms. Maui!!!! :RAHCAT dancing_cat :RAHCAT dancing_cat

[​IMG]
    Love,
    Caryl, Alex, Dylan, Jake (and Jackson)

6. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

wow! How awesome to be 4 years OTJ!! Mocha and twix are ready to party it up and dance all night!!

7. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hillary, what a great condo! :D :mrgreen:
    Congratulations to you and Maui for four Years OTJ!

On my way, Maui, Mags

8. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

What a wonderful story! Maui indeed leads a blessed life with a beloved wonderful bean. Four years OJT is quite an accomplishment, such true love and dedication is something to celebrate! Zener will be attending, wearing his black suit just like Maui's! :YMHUG:

9. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Happy 4 Years OTJ, Maui!

[​IMG]

See! Tolds you I was Chief Pastry Chef! Hmph, don't play Titanic anymore, anyway! -- Tess

10. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations on four years OTJ!!! I love the story and the pictures, especially the one of Buster, it made me LOL :lol: Chyna is picking out a hat now for the party ;-) She thinks you have a pretty great bean Maui and that you are an amazing kitty. Have a great day! party_cat

11. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy 4-Year-OTJ Anniversary,
    Maui!!!!

Maui, what a great celebration we'll haz! Can't wait!! I wanna wear an outfit with a cool hat. I like to wear stuff on my head!!!! I'll wear anything on my head!!! See you soon!!! ~Ripley

12. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow. What a great day Maui!
    [​IMG]

13. Sweeties-Mom

Sweeties-Mom Member

My bean wants to get me out of the house this morning so I be coming to the party right after my nap. ~Sweetie

Congratulations on 4 years OTJ!!!

flip_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat flip_cat

14. ecurie

ecurie Well-Known Member

PAAARRRRTTTYYYY FOR MAUI!!
    Four years and no juice?? Whoo Hoo. I'm packing my back pack and ON MY WAY! This is gonna be so cool.. I gots my Maui is off the juice party hat on.! See you in sec. oliver

Hillary What a wonderful day to fall on Mother's Day! I love the pictures. It took me awhile to realize the torture pictures were wet food. The two of you have moved a mountain!

15. mtncat58

mtncat58 Well-Known Member

We are are all so stoked, Happy 4 you give us something to look forward to.Party on! :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :thumbup
    Linda,Lucky,Taz Foxy and Kalohe,Squeaky the rat wish you a happy day. :smile:

16. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yo Maui!
    I'm all set for your big party. Who's doin' the cookin'? I learned a lot from Chef Mannie and will bring a few special goodies to throw on the grill (you do have a grill on that yacht?). I have my own outfit--and it's NOT a uniform--so if you don't mind I'll wear mine. I'll be there as soon as the niptinis are set out. Can't wait to party with you!

HAPPY 4 YEARS OTJ!!!

Your friend,
    Rusty

Hey Hillary, Happy, Happy Day to you! Maui is so beautiful. You have done such a great job with her. Thanks for staying around FDMB, paying it forward, and bringing good cheer.

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

17. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Whoo Hoo Party at Maui's today!!!!

I can't find any missing teeth to bring to the party. How about some homemade custard based maple walnut ice cream, made with farm fresh eggs and real maple syrup and toasted walnuts instead? Be right there with the Ice Cream. Wink

p.s. My bean tortures me too. She hasn't let me have any dry food at all in 3 months. I luvs my dry food. I'll even chew through the bag to get to the dry food. Ha, I tricked my bean though. I refuse to be a member of the clean plate club and always leave a couple of tiny pieces of food in the dish. That's ok, cause my roomie Monet licks the plate clean and mom never knows.

p.p.s.s. or whatever My bean says no dry food ever again. ohmygod_smile I'm not sure I like being a member of this OTJ club, but it sure does make my mom happy. We'll see.

18. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Thanks Deb - Mr. Spotty Spotkiss better attend the party! After all, he was there through all of Maui's ups and downs, not to mentions squirts and stinkies!

Thanks for coming to the party Rhiannon!

Ha ha Mary - yup that was Fancy Feast all over Maui. It took almost 3 weeks of spoon feeding Maui and Maui making a mess of everything, she just refused to eat it. Then one day she took a lick of the spoon, then another, then another! But it was torture for her and a mess for me in the meantime. And my Buster who ate canned food, decided to go on food strike when I removed the dry from her. It was a challenge back then. Still is with Buster today, she can be so stubborn! Maui learned and even enjoys her fuds now.

Hi Linda - Indeed something that every kitty on this board may be able to achieve. I was very lucky with Maui in so many ways.

Hey Lil Bit - with your mommybean watching out for you, you will never have to experience the direbeasties! They isn't fun, especially when you get poked and prodded and tortured several times a day! Yuck! The only fun about it is the parties and you are an honorary so you get to have the fun without the yuck!

Hey Miss Jan - Yes, I know I am a beauty girl! That's why I am so magnificent you see! ;-) I am smart too! Just ask anyone. They'll tell you how smart I am. Sara bring everyone, it's going to be one huge rip roaring party! The droolers will have to stay in their own section however. :razz:

Thank you Miss Caryl! It's going to be lots of fun today. And I heard you named your Jake after my friend Jake. He was a lover boy and oh so nice. I hear your Jake is too. That makes me so happy. They won't wear uniforms, err they will wear special party outfits and Jake and Dylan will LOVE THEM! I promise!

Yeah Mocha and Twix are coming! I love to eat candy and now that I'm OTJ I can.... yippee!

Hurry Mags - you don't want to miss out on any fun!

Z-Man will you be my date?! ;-) Since we'll be dressed alike and all.

Oooh Tess - that cake smells really yummy. I can't to get my paws in it! And you do to still play Titanic! You were playing it just last week! But you keep changing out the boys, trying to decide who you like bestest! tee hee

Hey Chyna and Ripley - Party hats are great! Especially when they go so nicely with the uniforms err outfits I have!

Silly Sweetie - don't you know you can cat nap at my place. Hurry up and get here, so you can party and then nap! I've got lots of fun places to nap.

Ollie - hurry! It's not a party without you!

Signed Maui the Magnificent

19. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hey Rusty - you gots your own uniform, err outfit? Did you get it from my place! I think you did. That's ok, you wear it and you bring the grillin fuds! Of course I've got a grill on the yacht and a huge outdoor kitchen on my condo sundeck. I told you I remodeled!

Hey Wink - You didn't find my teefies. :roll: :roll: Well that's OK, you bring that yummy ice cream and come to my party. You know how to get here right? Want me to picks you in the Roadster?! I like driving fast you know.

Signed Maui the Magnificent - today's my party day!

20. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations on 4 Years OTJ!
    :RAHCAT :RAHCAT flip_cat flip_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat party_cat party_cat

What a wonderful day to celebrate Maui's 4 years OTJ. Thanks for sharing her story and pictures. Furball can't wait to come to the party and help Maui celebrate.

21. Deb & Wink

Yes, Pick me up please. I'd love to ride in the famous roadster. I never get to go anywhere fast. Even the vet is only 3 minutes away from my home. Ice Cream? What ice cream? My roomies Delta and Monet scarfed up all the ice cream for second breffis. Have to make another batch. Good thing I still have more ingredients for another batch. Wink ;-)

I'm going to try for the 4 year mark too. The party will be a real blowout.

22. Doreen and PeePee

Doreen and PeePee Member

Congratulations Maui, Peepee is already on her way to your party. She was at your first party and had sooo much fun.
    It was a special day here in LL. You enjoy your breffis in bed, what a lucky kitty. Keep it up Maui.

Have a fun day!

23. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

Ummmmmm special outfits=uniforms in Maui-speak. They will be wearing their birfday suits ;) (member what I said about them women-folk...tricksy tricksy tricksy)!!!! Lucky they have their Mommy to protect them ..Bwahahahahahahahahahaha :razz:

24. Denise & Oreo (GA)

Denise & Oreo (GA) Member

Congratulations!!!!!!!! 4 Years OTJ!!!! Yay, Maui and Mom!!!! It's been a long time since Oreo was at a party, but he is sure looking forward to this one. He is so happy for you both!! We're on our way and will be there to help celebrate soon. YIPPPPPEEEEEE!!! :D

25. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Maui, we luvs you!! I remember when your bean found us and your OTJ party :D

Happy OTJ annifursary! Always love your condos.

Congrats!!

26. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Tiggy and bailey want to know if they can have a sleepover? They did too much catnip cocktails at the party and are too sleepy to come home..

27. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

This is truly cause for celebration. Trix is on her way...and, if you don't mind, she's bringing her civvie siblings, too. All the kitties are up for a good par-tey!!!

Congratulations on 4 years OTJ!!!!!

28. Sarah and Velcro

Sarah and Velcro Member

Concatulations Maui on 4 years OTJ!!! :D

Wheres my Niptini!!

29. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

wow - 4 years!!! that's fantastic! I couldn't see all of the pics but the ones of Maui on the bed noshing and with the remote, plus the wagon one came through. what a sweetie and what a GREAT life with you!!!

Punkin says he's feeling better & wanting to celebrate Maui's good fortune, so we're on the way! Where's that crazy party bus to pick us up!?

30. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Thank you everyone for coming to my party and helping me celebrate four years OTJ! Woohoo! I am so happy! Well, almost happy - there are still lots of uniformserr outfits left that nobody wore and my place is a mess! I need kittehs to come and help clean up! There are lots of leftovers too, so you'll get fed yummies if you come back and help out.

Someone forgot to take their droolers there are several left in the drooler section that need to go home! If you are missing your drooler, please come get them.

Punkin sorry that the bus was late in getting you, but you got here and had a great time! But how did you end up in the niptini fountain? :eek:

Nobody found my missing teefies? I am so sad that my teefies were stolen and I will never get them back!

Wink did you like riding in my Roadster! Wasn't it fun when we went over the hill and you almost fell out! :lol: :lol: I told you to hold on, but you didn't listen......

What a great party! I'm going to start planning for next years party! I'm so excited!

Signed Maui the Magnificent, 4 years and counting

31. Deb & Wink

I'm not very good at listening to my bean either. She's always telling me to get down from the kitchen counters, especially the cooking island. Sheesh, how does she expect me to make the custard for the ice cream if I can't be up on the cooking island!

I luved, lurved, loved riding in the roadster with the wind blowing my long hair around and whipping it in my face. When do we get to do it again? Do we have to wait a whole year?

I'm not very patient either. This morning I bit and yowled at my mommy trying to give me my B12-shot. I thought I was all done with shots since I'm now on this OTJ thing. I would have scratched my mommy up real bad this morning but some nasty person chopped off my front toes years ago. :YMSIGH: Mommy Deb still loves me though. She keeps giving me rides down from the kitchen counters so I don't hurt what's left of my front feetsies.

32. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

Chucky, Chucky, Chucky.... Oh Chucky there you are. It's time to come home now. I know you want to stay with cousin Maui but your place is at home with us. So come on lets go......and take that silly hat off and no we can't take the red wagon with us..... You can play with it at the next party. Yes it was a great party wasn't it! Now I said come on.... Maybe cousin Maui will host a Christmas party or New Years Eve. Then you won't have to wait as long. So lets go.

Dogs drool and Cats RULE!

33. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Congratulations on 4 Years OTJ, Maui :D

34. Lisa & Leo

Lisa & Leo Well-Known Member

What wonderful pictures, and congrats on 4 years OTJ!!!!

Maui - I sorry I no come to your party - my bean is BAD. She no read the boards and she not tell me, she leave me home. No more travel and Box of Torture for me, but now I don't know when some of the best parties are! I put on my uniform, er, costume now and come over today and party anyway! Congratulations on 4 years, I promise to do my best to make that milestone too! ~Leo, King of Farts

35. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS DEAR MAUI....FOUR YEARS!!!! WOOT!!!
    party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat party_cat

Wishing you Health and Happiness and fun times...AND...many many more years OTJ!!!!
    :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

36. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hey Auntie Bean Jan, Thank goodness you rescued Chucky! He well, he was getting into everything! What a mess he was making and he wouldn't even help clean up or anything. All he wanted to do was play with my wagon and zoom it around the deck! See that's what happens when droolers are let out!

Now would you take the rest of the droolers too! There are three of them that refuse to leave! One is a pitty mix, the other is a catahoula or something like that who thinks she is a cat and the last is a silly lab who just wants to wants to lick me! Ick!

Leo I was wondering what happened to you! I thought I heard you farting around here but that must have been Spot pretending to be you. No worries, come and we will party at my place everyday!

Ha ha Wink! Told you going fast is fun! The roadster is always gassed and ready to zoom! So we can go out anytime we want! Wanna go today!

Thanks Dyana and Pat for coming to my party! JD, Raja and Shadow are super cool and fun. I love when they visit.

Signed Maui the Magnificent, still a party girl looking for good help!

37. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

Nope, sorry Maui can't take the other droolers. We have 2 at my house already and I just can't put up with anymore. I know what you mean about those big slurps! uckkkkk! You'll get used to it. See you at he next party. :D

38. Simon'sMommy

Simon'sMommy Well-Known Member

Dear Maui,
    My bean and I are sorry we missed your OTJ party. I hope someday I can have an OTJ party and your bean will bring you to my house so we can have fun and eat wet fuds together. If you could see, you would think you were looking in the mirror when you looked at me cuz you and I look just like each other! Hope your party was great! :lol: Congratulations on 4 years OTJ!!
    party_cat
    Love Simon and her bean - Joyce xoxo

39. mtncat58

mtncat58 Well-Known Member

You and Bean deserve a day at the beach

[​IMG]

Were doing the happy dance for you, Linda and Lucky

40. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Thank you both.

Funny, today Maui gave me pause for concern. I saw her drinking water (which she hasn't done in 4 years). At first, I thought, she is hot, she is dehydrated (she vomited a few times and has diarrhea), so I tested her just to be sure - She tested at 115 - which is high for her as she is usually in the 70's.

Then she laid down and drank for a good 3 minutes and I thought, oh no, is she out of remission...and became concerned. I tested her again and she was 71! So, I guess she was just really thirsty today. After all, it is hot, I didn't have the A/C on and she did gack and poo.

Phew! that 115 was just a blip is all!

Just another reason, to always be vigilant, cause hey you never know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.