5/12 Kitty's second OTJ test: 70! WCR is off

Discussion in 'Honeymooners / OTJ' started by Kathy and Kitty, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

ETA: WCR not what I'd like. See below.

We are happy.

he is now eating 50% FF mixed with 50% Evo 95% Chicken & Turkey. He seems to like it, and the numbers are great. And what a shiny coat!

By the way, because of the heads-up about its being harder to get blood, I used my old technique -- press down with the head of the lancet pen for a couple of seconds, then stick, then continue to hold the pen down another couple of seconds -- it all helps the blood pool. I got a small, but quite adequate amount of blood.

2. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Re: 5/12 Kitty's second OTJ test: 70!

:thumbup Awesome!! Crazy it is harder to get blood now, huh? I wonder why...
    Geez.. seeing your post must mean it is time to do Baby again.. it has been a week! Looking great, Kathy & Kitty!! :mrgreen:

3. Kathy and Kitty

Re: 5/12 Kitty's second OTJ test: 70! WCR off

Hey, Nicole, nice post in the health forum yesterday!! You're good at helping. :D

Kitty's WCR isn't what I'd like it to be. He seems not to have much energy. I think all P's are in order, but I forget one -- purr, poop, pee, preen and ?

But he walks slowly, and gets up only when necessary. I'd guess it's arthritis, but I'm a little worried.

4. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

And PLAY. :D

5. Kathy and Kitty

Kitty doesn't play

Right - that's the fifth P, and he doesn't do it. He definitely tracks birds when he's on the porch, but he doesn't play with his toys. He was never a really playful guy, but he just doesn't like to move much.

I think it might have something to do with his teeth. He has some resorption, and I think it hurts him when he digs his teeth into toys. (Just like a baby - EVERYTHING goes in the mouth!)

I hate to take him to the vet, especially if it's arthritis, because there's not much to do for that except Adequan, and this vet won't give it to cats.

I'll watch him another week or so. He's eating and using the box fine.

6. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Aw Kitty :YMSIGH:, play for your mommybean!
    Glad to see at least the FD is looking good. They've just got to have SOMETHING to keep us on ours toes don't they?

Attached Files:

7. Kathy and Kitty

He played! As much as he ever does.

For all the toys we've bought, his favorite thing is the old fabric tie that used to connect a cushion to a kitchen chair. He captured it several times.

But Melanie, I've got quite a reputation as a worrier. :mrgreen: So yes, I'm sure I'll find something. :lol:

8. drjsiems

drjsiems Member

What is WCR?

Judy & Jake

9. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Judy - WCR is "Whole Cat Report". In Lantus Land we had daily "condos" and we would always try to include a daily WCR. How the kitties are doing, eating etc. Are all 5 P's in place. (Pee, Play, Purr, Preen, Poop)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.