4 mos OTJ!!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by FurballLover, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FurballLover

FurballLover Member

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT

This Saturday will be Charlie's four month anniversary of being OTJ!!!

He is a lean, mean, low-carb fightin' machine!! (well, ok, lean might be stretching it a bit)
    Now that the kitties have been on low-carb for the last few months--they are extra feisty..... There are more 'battles' but mostly everyone is doing great. I attribute their abundance of energy to their healthy diet making them feel great.
    With the summer weather, Charlie has been able to hang out in the backyard most afternoon/evenings; chasing bugs, frogs, and the ever elusive chipmunks that live in our yard. He once caught one, and then just sat there looking at the very frightened little thing; not quite sure what to do next, til I intervened and freed the little guy.

I continue to test his bg's once a week and he ranges from the low 60's to the low 80's. His overall health is fantastic. Soft, shiny coat; lots of energy and play; and his eyes have that sparkle again that was missing while he was sick.

I was reading my posts from early feb, when he hypoed and I nearly lost him. It brought tears to my eyes to think of how very sick and unregulated he was without hometesting. Now, even our vet is a hometesting and low-carb convert. We have all come a long way since last sept when he would just lay on the table while I had to coax him to eat and give the injections. At the time, he was so skinny and listless---now he tears through the house all day with such gusto!!

The drooler has healed perfectly from her surgery. There were no complications (except for the blood on the carpets--thank god for the mini-carpet cleaner machines). She is completely healed and feeling so much better that she can run without discomfort. Now we're just waiting for the fur to finish growing back; and you would never know she ever had to go through all this!

I haven't been on the board much the last month. Work has been exceptionally crazy, and my only day off since April vacation, was Monday because we were closed. Its good because we have been busy; but for my sanity, I'm hoping things calm down a little. Now that the teens are out of school, I should get at least one day a week off..........(Hoping)

I see we have several newbies in pzi. I haven't had much time to help out, and I don't feel comfortable with giving dosing advice. But I can offer encouragement. Just know that by offering a species appropriate diet, and hometesting you will give your fd every chance at going otj. Even if remission doesn't happen, they will do so much better with these all-important steps.

Thanks to everyone here for making this possible. The support and encouragement we have here, makes this whole crazy fd ride bearable!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

drinking24 dancing_cat drinking24 dancing_cat That is soooo wonderful Jen, and congragulations Charlie!!!!
    Please do stop by more often Jen. As a surviving hypo kitty, and experienced pzi'er it would be nice to have you join the small tribe of us and we are growing a little. I also survived a hypo kitty 2.5 years ago, was otj after that until january when tom decided we ought to do the dance again... ohmygod_smile
    occasionally i feel like the most experienced person here...and i wish, truly, that i did'nt!
    lori
    and tomtom too!

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

:RAHCAT party_cat flip_cat dancing_cat \M/

Awesome that he is doing so well, and your drooler too! Thanks for the update. Nice to see you around, and yes please stop by when you can!

4. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

That's wonderful! Way to go :RAHCAT Hugs to Charlie cat_pet_icon

5. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

How wonderful for you guys! Hoping that the honeymoon lasts forever!

6. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

Hey somebody really needs to start a running count of the Prozincers that have gone otj. I think Gator started one in like January, but it needs to be kept up in the stickies, so it doesn't fade into obscurity again. Anybody know how to do that? we have something like that in HD to keep a rough count of the acro etc cats.

G where are you !

7. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

Good to hear about Charlie.

Here is the "recent remissions" topic that Terri actually started:
    viewtopic.php?p=56557#p56557
    Jen has actually posted to it :smile:

As far as the sticky... I might think the current best place for it might be in the first topic of the sticky in the links section??? I'm not sure if any of the other moderators can change it or if only Rebecca/"webmaster" can change it. I'm not a mod and I know I cannot edit the "webmaster"'s topic. I have sent change requests to "webmaster" but I know she has been away/busy of recent - in the past it has taken her some time to get to it. Nancy, if you feel that link should be added to the links, I say go for it! [perhaps write Venita?? or webmaster]. The other option is to "reply" to the original sticky topic but I would not do this for just one link. But if you were wanting to create a compendium of important PZI topics then "reply" would be a good way to handle that.

Thanks for calling me out of hibernation Nancy. :smile:

8. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

just bumped that thread, and requested a Mod sticky it for us, hope that's ok!

9. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Yay Charlie!!! That is absolutely awesome. Hope to be joining you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.