4/6 Cargo AMPS 321, 316@+3, 356@+5, PMPS 302

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mel and Cargo, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Yesterday

Looks like we're beginning the day with a bounce after last night's lime greens. Ah the highs and lows of FD! :rolleyes:

I have a question: I'm finally returning to work after about a month and a half off. I will be largely out of town for almost the next two weeks, and for about a 3-4 day period each week after that. Gotta love the travel industry when dealing with diabetes. I am still trying to get DBF to test, and might be making progress finally, but it's not a guarantee and if my cat sitter is needed she definitely won't test. So my question is, what is a safe dose to give? Last night was a little sketchy for Cargo and I don't want that happening while I'm not around to monitor! But it appears we're finally making progress towards inching back down the insulin ladder and I'd hate to erase all the progress we've worked hard for.

TIA and hope everyone is doing well and kitties are safe!

2. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

Iguess those bright greens send him on a bounce.... come down, Cargo!

Mel and Cargo likes this.
  3. Hercule's mum

Hi! I was just checking on how you and cargo were getting on with your return to work. Looks like he is still unstable? :(

4. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

@Hercule's mum
    Hi Karen! Yes, he's been all over the place while I've been gone. But I can't really do much about it until I get back. At least I finally convinced my boyfriend to test so that's been a big help (altho poor Cargo's ears are soooo bruised from the newbie learning how to handle a lancet! :blackeye:). Because I had to reduce the dose slightly for safety, he's just all over. But it seems every now and then his pancreas is kicking back in and he's actually going low. I hate that I'm gone so much right now. I took March off thinking I was going to get him OTJ, but the asthma put a quick stop to that. But Cargo is my little trooper! Always in good spirits! I'm so lucky to have him! :cat:

How have you and Hercules been doing?

5. Hercule's mum

Wish I could blame my boyfriend on hercules being all over the place :p! We soldier on, and he seems mostly happy, so is all good!

Mel and Cargo likes this.
  6. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Hi Mel, I had a look at the SS, and I see a lot of dose hopping going on. We've found here that Lantus really does like consistency, so the constant changes in dose tends to disrupt the depot, which can lead to some wonky cycles. The reduction to 2u on April 9th really should have been held for longer, but next cycle it went back up to 2.25u then again next day up to 2.5u. I can imagine it must be hard to have someone looking after things, since they won't do it exactly as you would, but perhaps suggest to DBF that he try holding 2u, since we dose based on nadirs not preshots. With minimal mid cycle tests, I wouldn't be too quick to increase, and I'd suggest following SLGS at the moment, where he'd hold the dose for 7 days, unless Cargo goes under 90, in which case he should reduce the dose. When you are back, and are able to get consistent mid cycles tests, then you can always go back to TR.

Hope you are staying safe in your travels.

7. Mel and Cargo

Mel and Cargo Member

Hi Christie,

You're probably right, I should reconsider SLGS. My schedule is generally 4 on 3 off with many exceptions. I just hope I can get him OTJ on SLGS. Ok, will hold 2U for now and re-read SLGS sticky.
    Thanks and yes, haven't caught the Covid yet, lots of Vit. D,C, Zinc, and wet wipes! :D