4/28 RK - AMPS 600 ketones 1.2 +2 511 +4 288 +6 229 +10 HI PMPS HI, ketones 2.9 +3 341 +6 462 +8 HI

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JL and Chip, Apr 28, 2024.

1. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s post

Our little feral girl was interested in food this morning. She didn’t eat a lot, but she was sniffing around looking at the options. FF grilled was her choice—not low carb, of course :rolleyes:, but it was good to see her moving around and looking for food. I haven’t weighed her, but I think she might actually have gained a bit.

AMPS was 600 but ketones are down to 1.2. I went with a fat 0.5u Lantus.

@Wendy&Neko AM shot was only 3.5 hours after a drop of R and BG still went from 486 to 600 from PM +8.25 to AMPS. The R might have helped take the edge off the rise but I wouldn’t consider that actually “holding the BG in check.” Similar happened in the previous PM cycle. Would it make sense to go to two drops of R or even 0.1u? I could try it in the upcoming cycles or maybe hold at one drop for a few more cycles to see if the pattern is repeatable? Or not bump up the dose at all? Thanks for letting me pick your brain. It’s interesting to add R on the back half of the cycle but that seems to make a lot of sense here. My instinct is that preventing the rise seems less likely to trigger a bounce than lowering a high BG…but must give that more thought. @Bron and Sheba (GA) do you have any thoughts?

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Very happy to hear RK is eating some food on her own and that the ketones are staying low.
    This is the 7th cycle since the last green BG, I’m wondering if we might see some action.

JL and Chip likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I have seen people use different R scales for mid cycle R vs preshot. You could try the 2 drop R next time she zooms up back half of the cycle. Ideally when you can get another test or two in after the R shot. We suggest not doing R, at least at PS, in the same cycle as an L increase, cause those cycles can see a little action. Happy to see sunny yellow today. Maybe from the bounce end or the dosecrease?

Not so happy about the vomit. :( Could you add a little Miralax to her food, or prebiotic like pumpkin or psyllium husk fiber.

JL and Chip likes this.