4/26, Falafel, AMPS 134 +2 116 +4 126 PMPS 156

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by thornmallow__, Apr 26, 2024.

1. thornmallow__

thornmallow__ Member

Previous condo: https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...amps-90-1-105-2-91-3-99-4-25-115-6-87.289228/

I think we're bouncing? BGs could be from food. Yesterday she ate well, 2.5 cans! This morning we're 1/2 can down and working on the other half.

My boss did tell me I have to cool it on asking to WFH for Falafel :( since I'm in a people-facing role it's a bad look for me to be out of the office so much. I get it, and she was super nice about it. I'm lucky she let me go for so long (I got to WFH for an entire month when Falafel was first diagnosed). I'm hoping my sister will become more reliable and she can step in on certain days to test/watch her, but with the summer coming I know that girl is probably gonna spend 0 time inside the house :p

2. Karolina KJ & Nestle

Karolina KJ & Nestle Well-Known Member

Falafel has been showing some nice numbers.
    Hopefully she makes her way down to the beach very soon.
    Hopefully you can find that extra help while you gotta go back to work. I totally get how stressful that is. I can never work from home so I totally understand.

Have a happy Friday
    upload_2024-4-26_10-35-1.png

thornmallow__ and Staci & Ivy like this.
  3. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Falafel is looking great, Z. Beautiful cycle :cool::cool:
    I hope you can get help from your sister so you can have some peace of mind while you work. It’s definitely tricky managing everything and having to go out of the house to work.

thornmallow__ likes this.
  4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Z , I hope your sister can help you out . Falafel has been showing some nice numbers . I hope you have a nice day :bighug::bighug::bighug::cat:

5. thornmallow__

thornmallow__ Member

@Karolina KJ & Nestle @Staci & Ivy @Diane Tyler's Mom
    Thanks ladies. I know I am very lucky to get to WFH! Also I feel bad since my sister is in her mid-20s, at her age I was never home either. So I feel bad asking her to stay inside (especially when it's nice out!) to monitor Falafel. But hopefully she will want to save some of her money and spend it inside this weekend so instead I can actually go do something fun :p:cat:

On another note, I ordered the AccuCheck meter since the strips are so much cheaper. Anything I should keep in mind when I'm switching to a new meter?

I also ordered digital calipers!! Thinking about switching to SureComfort syringes once my UltiCare ones run out. They are significantly cheaper...

Last edited: Apr 26, 2024
  6. thornmallow__

thornmallow__ Member

Okay, I know I was just clamoring for a decrease a few days ago... but I am rereading through the TR guidelines. Is Falafel ready to try 0.5U again? Since her limes on 4/20, we have held the 0.25U dose for 13 cycles.

Unless today's blues are bounces, and I should see what happens over the next few cycles with the same 0.25U dose? Tomorrow I can monitor the PM cycle pretty well, but I'll miss a few hours of the AM cycle and I'm missing all of Sunday (I can get up to AM +3 and cat sitter is coming for PMPS, but I will be able to get a before bed test).

Also, I'm thinking once the digital calipers come, I can do more fine dosing and try a 0.3U or 0.4U dose since it seems like 0.5U is just too much.

Thoughts? @Bandit's Mom @Angela & Cleo @Wendy&Neko @tiffmaxee

7. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

She might still be bouncing from the 50s so I would wait 6 cycles from then so she has the time to clear any bounce.

A digital callipers is a good idea - ensures accuracy and consistency in dosing. It's only after I started using them that I realized how off the markings on the syringes were!