4/26 Aria

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Hope and Aria, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Well, she really likes that .1 unit.

+12 - 115

I'm going to ply her with some food and then check in an hour or two.

Gator - I'll be rereading how you get a .05 dose again.

2. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

lol, I don't think I've ever gotten one below .1 . It's usually .55, .45 etc. So, I'm pretty sure that when we would get to .1 we would just skip a dose if below that. From my experience with H, when he was needing that little if I skipped he would not zoom super-fast so it wasn't the end of the world.

.15 would be a not so easy one to determine - but not impossible by any means, just not as easy as the even number ones. The even number ones are the easy ones, .25, .45 etc.

Yea, I typed up how I do it once and I forget the post. But if you need I could try to find it.

3. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

No worries Gator, I have it bookmarked somewhere.

I'm *almost* to the point where I would attempt to skip a dose. Especially when I finally get to a shootable number and it's between 1 and 4 in the afternoon, a big part of me says to wait it out a bit longer and maybe we can get to where +12 won't be at o'dark in the morning. The conflicting part says "But we're doing so well, don't screw it up!" Either way, the fact that Ari's down to a medium drop at a shot makes me happy. I know I'm going to have to suck it up and get on a schedule so life isn't so dictated by testing and shot times. I think DH is getting a bit over the "No, we can't leave to go to XYZ right now, I'm waiting for Ari's BG's to go up enough for her shot!"

4. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

My judgment is that you are not going to screw much up if you are giving doses of .1 at numbers just below or over 100. But I do understand, when one does screw up, it can take weeks to get back into the groove again. ohmygod_smile

5. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Right now I'm still at a no shoot of 140. I think the .1 dose brings her down in the 80-90 range around those #'s. We just reduced from .2 so I need more data before I can definitively say that. The last shot (which is currently still going) was her first .1.

I don't feel comfy shooting at lower numbers even with that low dose mostly because I can't be truly sure that I'm giving that amount. It's more of an approximation even though I've been working at counting drops out, etc. I figure we'll probably end up going to SID for a bit if this trend keeps up.

6. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations on getting those great numbers. You and Aria are doing awesome. Here's a link to some pics of syringes with .1 unit. Page down close to the bottom: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=157

7. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

I especially like that "some" insulin shot. Thanks Ele!

ETA - I think we're going to be skipping this shot all together. +16 - 133, +17 - 116. Going to leave her alone for a few hours before another test. She seems to be holding steady, so I'll spare her excessive testing.

8. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

Awesome with the numbers! BTW, I believe it was Sarha & Buzz that mentioned yesterday about shooting the 0.1U ;-) When I try to get 0.1U, I go to the 0.2 mark then I twist the plunger slowly until I get a small drop... and do this three times. But my drops may be different than yours ;-) I'm just so happy for you and Aria!!!!!

9. Steve and Blue

Steve and Blue Member

Nice looking numbers... Keep it up Pancreas!

10. MicheleS

MicheleS Member

woot! great #'s!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i wonder if .1u is enough to even makek it's way all the way thru the needle? LOL

12. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

LOL. I make sure to squeeze really well, Lori. It's about a medium sized drop, but it did the trick :) She's been rockin' for the past 48 hours, so my fingers are crossed. The difference in her coat alone in the past week is significant. You can visibly see an improvement.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

flip_cat don't you just love that? when you can visually SEE the improved health.
    I remember 3 years back when i first got tom on the juice and in just one day he seemed to come back to life. makes all the effort soooooo worthwhile! think it makes us luvs them more too cat_pet_icon

14. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

Pru says, :RAHCAT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.