4/25 Kit AMPS 134, +1 143, +2 111, +8 166, PMPS 210, +1 169, +2 99, +3, 87, +4 77, +5 80

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Alicia & Kit cat, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Alicia & Kit cat

Alicia & Kit cat Well-Known Member

4/24/24

Kit had some pretty good cycles yesterday. It was really nice to see some long periods of greens. She was not quite as good at taking meds this morning - I needed to crush the zobaline, but then she ate that just fine.

Less than a week until classes are over - then just exams and graduation, and then things will slow down some. We're moving to a new building (I say we, my shop isn't moving because it's currently too expensive, so I'll be the only one in my building). I will have an office and teach in the the new building, and will also have an office and teach in the current building. I'm less and less excited about the move as the whole process drags on, and my worries about the space being ready for a fall show increase pretty much daily. But we'll make it work, because that's what we do.

Anywho, I hope everyone has a good Thursday (I literally cycled through Tuesday? Wednesday? No, it's Thursday.)

Mikanmama and Angela & Cleo like this.
  2. Angela & Cleo

Angela & Cleo Well-Known Member

I know she's not an affectionate kitta, but when she least expects it, give some pats pets and kisses from me. :bighug::bighug::kiss:

Alicia & Kit cat likes this.
  3. Mikanmama

Mikanmama Well-Known Member

Almost there, Alicia! Then you will be a free woman! ;)
    Looks like a nice slow mellow AM cycle for Kitcat.
    Maybe she's waiting for you to have more time with her!
    Have a great day, Alicia!

4. Alicia & Kit cat

Surprise pets and kisses? You know I'm on that! She mostly tolerates it. :joyful::joyful::joyful:

Angela & Cleo likes this.
  5. Alicia & Kit cat

It was a pretty mellow morning, which turned out great since I had to go replenish food for the show before going in for a meeting. I'm so ready to force her to snuggle with me all the time. :joyful::joyful::joyful:

Mikanmama and Angela & Cleo like this.
  6. Alicia & Kit cat

Thoughts on an increase? I'm able to monitor.

7. Angela & Cleo

Is this a knee jerk reaction to her PMPS?
    Staring...staring...staring at the SS :) She's dipped into the 60s 4/22 PM then again on 4/24 AM. I'm thinking IF increasing, to wait until tomorrow morning. The PMPS could very well be the high before the lows.

8. Alicia & Kit cat

Slightly? I just always worry about leaving her on a dose too long. Especially since she has neuropathy in her back legs (which seems weird since she wasn't in high numbers that long. But she's also old). I'll be patient and see how tonight and tomorrow go. Thanks! :bighug:

9. Angela & Cleo

I understand!! I just wouldn't want you to increase during a bounce clearing cycle which looks like it might be one tonight o_O

10. Alicia & Kit cat

Totally makes sense. I think (and this is some introspective stuff coming) that there's been stuff out of my control this week, so I'm trying to control something, and tonight it landed on her dosage.
    I also just don't understand why she would be bouncing? She dropped to the 60s those times, but neither time seemed like they were big drops? And she was hitting 60s and lower when she was on her vacation dose. My brain can't make sense between bounce and just being higher because she needs more insulin. Sometimes I think I have it, and then she throws me for a loop.

11. Angela & Cleo

I soooooo can relate to this! :bighug::bighug:
    Yes...me too. Sometimes it's just cat:banghead:.

She is seeing a lot more greens. :D

I do think you have room to increase as long as you have the ability to monitor. The higher PMPS made me hesitate to suggest doing it tonight.

12. Angela & Cleo

@Bandit's Mom ...what do you think about an increase for Kit?

13. Alicia & Kit cat

For sure! It wouldn't have been tonight - I had already shot by the time I asked. :)

14. Angela & Cleo

OMG duh me. I just realized that. :facepalm: :oops:

She's not making it easy with that +4 :rolleyes: