4/24 Oscar

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Kelly & Oscar, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

We hit green for a while, brought the dose down and stayed in yellows, hit greens again, and now we are on our way to not curving again. cat(2)_steam Could our latest numbers be a slight symogi rebound? The 2.8U didn't do much for a few days, then we hit low greens, and now the same dose is taking us to mid/high blues. Should I have waited for the same settling in on the 3U? Or should I stick it out a few more days at 2.8U?

2. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

I would stick it out a bit and possibly go lower. The 250's and 260's PS's aren't bad, but I see what you're seeing in the flattish stuff. For Ari, when we see flat's I try and see if we had any super low numbers on the same dose right before and if so, lower the dose. ECID, but for her, when she flattens on a dose after hitting really low numbers, it usually means it's too high a dose. Your nadir's look like they are coming later so you're shooting on the upswing, but your current dose may still be in effect. If possible, can you catch a +1 or +2 test? For us, if her +1 was lower than PS, then the previous dose (the one BEFORE the shot that happened an hour before) was still working which usually (for us) means that it's too much.

Did any of that make sense? We ended up with a lot of elevated numbers during our dose reduction phase as her body fought against the doses and overlap that was too high. If you look at her TID sheet (which is no longer TID, she's back to BID) on line 73 you can see that we hit 40 which led to a really high following PS. I lowered the dose because of the 40, but checked at +1 and it was already going down which showed that indeed the shot 13 hours before had been too much. It usually takes her at least 1 or 2 cycles to shake the crazy numbers of her body reacting.

3. Kelly & Oscar

hmmmm interesting Hope, and thanks for the insight. I will try to check those numbers tonight and see what we get.

4. Kelly & Oscar

hmmm 116 at +12... going to test again in 15 min to see if it is a raising or falling number. Definitely going with 2.5U for a few days to see how it goes.

5. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice +12!!!! With Bix, that's definitely a "dose was too high" reaction, when the PS is lower than the mid-cycle. Nice to see he is doing so well though, and in the pretty #s and wanting dose reductions!!!

In my experience PZI either gets a WOW right away and then settles in to not-great results, or it gets not-great results for the first few cycles til overlap builds up, and then you see better results. I think your suggestion that there might be some liver reaction going on makes sense, since you got not-great results, then good #s, then lost them - suggests to me that something else is going on, & you were right!

Nice call Hope! When I first looked at the latest #s I thought "not enough insulin" but then I reread your note & rechecked the #s and changed my mind. :D

6. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

Good call Hope! You all are getting some great numbers :thumbup I've been kind of out of the loop. I'm trying to pop on here and there to read updates and post, but talking those first 8 weeks off with Pru has messed up my mojo :lol:

7. Kelly & Oscar

well damn.... we are at +16 and still dropping. At 70 now. confused_cat If he zooms here in a few hours he might get 1u just so he doesn't zoom too high .... might this be our first skipped dose? :D

8. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Yay Oscar!! :RAHCAT

As we were rapidly lowering dosage, we had a few 18 and 22 hour stretches (one of which I am now in and trying to wait out.) Almost always, they came right after a weird flattish day, where I'd see a curve but it looked more like a kiddie coaster than a water slide. We went from 1.5 to 1 to .4 within about 4 days during a few of them. That was when I started taking a serious look at the number trends Ari was showing.

What are you using for Oscar's no shoot #?

9. Kelly & Oscar

Oscar tends to zoom if he has a low preshot # usually (except for tonight :shock: ). If his number is quickly raising, I don't shoot until it is 120 or above (He can easily be above 200 within the hour). If it is slowly raising, I don't shoot until it is 150 or above. Tonight's case would be the latter instance, but I don't think I am going to see 150 for quite a few hours and I will probably give up and go to bed before then!

10. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

Just curious. Ari was an uber zoomer too. She once went from 181 to 418 in an hour. Thought my eyes were going to pop clear out of my head! Lately, she's been a little more sedate about the zips and zooms. I hope you get some good rest. It does look like Oscar is seeing some good results lately though, which is fantastic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.